If you are looking to pursue your business degree from abroad, the USA is known to be the most preferred destination for international students. Mays Business School, formerly known as Texas A&M University was established towards the end of the 18th century as a public research educational institute. The university is distinguished among one of the top 10 endowment receivers in the USA. In the year 2001, the university was formed as a constituent of the Association of American Universities. Mays Business School has been placed in the 2nd position by The Wall Street Journal for its ability to train students, who have the capability to get employment in their areas of interest. At current times, the university provides its students with 120+ undergraduate programs, 200+ master’s programs, and 100+ doctoral programs. In this blog, we will everything related to Mays Business School, so please keep reading!
|University||Mays Business School|
|Accepted Scores||IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE|
|Intake||Summer, Spring and Fall|
This Blog Includes:
Top Courses at Mays Business School
- BBA Accounting
- BBA Business Honors
- BBA Finance
- BBA Management
- BBA Management Information Systems
- BBA Marketing
- BBA Supply Chain Management
- Professional Program in Accounting / PPA
- MS Accounting
- MS Analytics
- MS Business
- MS Entrepreneurial Leadership
- MS Finance
- MS Human Resource Management
- MS Human Resource Management for Professionals
- MS Management Information Systems
- MS Marketing
- Master of Real Estate
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution/university with a minimum of B average in the last two academic years (or equivalent) of the academic score.
- Students having a 3-year degree may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
- Students qualified for Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE test.
English Proficiency Exams to Study in the USA
- IELTS: 5.5 – 6.5+
- TOEFL iBT: 78 – 100+
- Cambridge English Language Assessments (CAE):
- PTE: 54-58
- Duolingo: 100+
- Admission Tests to Study in the USA
- GMAT: 600 – 770+
- GRE: 270 – 310
Application Process for Mays Business School
You must checklist the following common steps to apply to Mays Business School:
Step-1: Shortlist a course
When planning to apply to Mays Business School for a degree, the first step is to select a suitable course, depending on the specializations offered there and the availability of seats in the proposed area.
Step-2: Gather the Documents Required.
Once you have shortlisted your desired course, the next step is to make sure you have all the documents sorted. This will include test scores such as IELTS or TOEFL as proof of English proficiency, your SOP, Letters of Recommendation, etc.
Step-3: Get Started with Your Online Application
After making sure the necessary documents are handy, you can begin your online applications by filling in the required details that include Personal, Academic, and Professional information.
The applicant should complete the online application with the following essential documents:
- Updated Resume
- 2 mandatory Essay Questions
- GMAT/GRE scorecard or Exam Waiver
- English language proficiency scorecard
- All Educational Transcripts
- Two Professional References
- Mandatory Application Fee Receipt
Cost of Studying at Mays Business School
For international students, the average first-year tuition fee at Mays Business School is as follows:
- Undergraduate courses: $20,000 – $65,000 (INR 14,99,421 – INR 48,74,100)
- Postgraduate courses: $10,000 to $80,000 (INR 7,49,731 – INR 59,97,844)
- MBA degree: $50,000 – $140,000 (INR 37,14,650 – INR 1,04,94,967)
Cost of Living in the USA
Apart from the cost of studying at Mays Business School, given below is a list of other expenses which play an important role while calculating the cost of studying and living in the USA for international students:
- Average On-Campus Accommodation Fees in the USA for students: $820 – $925 per month (INR 60,920 – INR 68,721)
- Average Off-Campus Accommodation Fees in the USA for students: $450 – $1000 per month (INR 33,431 – INR 74,293)
- Average Food Expenses: $350 – $500 per month (INR 26,002 – INR 37,146)
Visa Application Process
Step 1: Get started with your visa application process by getting the US DS-160 Visa Application form.
Step 2: Collect all your financial documents and other supporting documents.
Step 3: Register on the website and complete the formalities of the visa application form, and pay the application fee.
Step 4: Attend your appointment/interviews at the nearest embassy or consulate.
Step 5: Wait patiently for the application result.
Mays Business School is highly selective in terms of admissions and it has an overall acceptance rate of 42%. If you are an applicant, you can expect to secure a place in this Business School if you meet the eligibility criteria precisely.
Mays Business School has been ranked No. 8 by the Money Magazine in the list of the country’s top business schools.
The minimum requirement to get admitted to Mays Business school is a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater within a minimum of 30 graded hours at Texas A&M, and the total college credit hours should not exceed 60 (including transfer credit).
Texas A&M College Station has been ranked in the list of top 10% business schools in the country for finance. To be more specific, it was ranked 39 out of the total 732 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked number 4 in Texas.
We hope this blog was helpful to you in terms of knowing about all the details of Mays Business School. If you are looking to pursue an MBA or any other course from abroad, let our experts at Leverage Edu guide you and book your free 30 minutes of e-counselling with the team today! Follow us on our socials such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!