MAT i.e. Management Aptitude Test is a national level aptitude test that is required for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) and allied programs by over 600 business schools across India. It has been conducted in India since 1998 by the All India Management Association (AIMA) and is offered both online and offline. This blog is your source of reliable information about the MAT exam 2022!
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||Multiple times a year|
|Exam Mode||CBT, PBT and IBT|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Exam Syllabus||Language Comprehension Data Analysis & Sufficiency Mathematics (Quantitative Aptitude) Intelligence and Critical Reasoning Indian & Global Environment|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,650 (INR 1,100 additionally for second test mode)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to 800+ MBA Colleges in India (approx.)|
|No. of Test Cities||PBT Mode – 54 CBT Mode – 31|
|Number of applicants||18,000 to 20,000 (approx.)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011 – 24645100 / 011 – 24617354 / 011 – 43128100|
This Blog Includes:
- Modes of Conducting the MAT Exam
- MAT Result Dates 2022
- How to Download MAT Result?
- Details Mentioned on the MAT scorecard
- How MAT score is calculated
- What to do after the MAT result is declared?
- MAT 2022 Cutoff for Top Colleges
- How to Check MAT Result 2022
- MAT Marking Scheme 2022
- MAT Selection Procedure 2022
- MAT Admission Process 2022
Modes of Conducting the MAT Exam
There are three modes of test and are conducted 4 times a year:
|Exam||Mode of Conduction|
|Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)||Online|
|Double Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)||Online|
|Paper-Based Test (PBT)||Offline|
MAT Result Dates 2022
For the upcoming March 2022 examination, the result is expected to be released on 22 March 2022, as the examination will take place in the first two weeks of March (IBT on 13th March and PBT on 6th March). In the case of the other examination terms,
How to Download MAT Result?
- Visit the official website of AIMA and click on the ‘Download/View’ tab.
- Select the particular session of the test under the drop-down menu after selecting ‘MAT Result for May Session’.
- Enter your credentials, (registration number and form number).
- Click on the submit tab to view the MAT 2022 scorecard.
- Download and take printouts of the scorecard.
Details Mentioned on the MAT scorecard
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Work Experience
- Roll Number
Result Details (with Percentile Below Score mentioned)
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Indian & Global Environment
How MAT score is calculated
There are three types of scores: Scaled Score, Percentile and Composite Score. Composite Score is calculated by adding the raw score of all 5 sections of the exam. Each section includes 40 marks for 40 questions. The total MAT Score is out of 200, while MAT Percentile is calculated out of 160 (The Indian & Global Environment Section is not included)
What to do after the MAT result is declared?
After the MAT result is declared, you should:
- Download and Check your MAT Scorecard
- Check MAT Cutoffs of MBA colleges that accept it
- Apply with MAT Score for Admission at Eligible Universities/Colleges.
MAT 2022 Cutoff for Top Colleges
Below is a table containing the cutoffs for a few of the top MBA colleges in India:
|MAT accepting Colleges||MAT cut off percentiles|
|Amity Business School, Noida||90+|
|Christ University Bengaluru||80-90|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||80-90|
|SIESCOMS Navi Mumbai||80-90|
|Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS), Rohini Delhi||80-90|
|Indus Business Academy||80-90|
|Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||80-90|
|IPE Hyderabad, Institute of Public Enterprise||80-90|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow||80-90|
|New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM)||80-85|
|Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management||80-85|
|IES Management College and Research Centre||80-85|
|ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai||80-85|
How to Check MAT Result 2022
- Click here to go to the AIMA’s official website.
- Select ‘Download/View’ from the drop-down menu.
- You must pick ‘MAT Result for February Session’ from the drop-down option that appears.
- Select the exam session you want to take.
- Fill up your information, such as your registration number and form number.
- To see the MAT 2022 scorecard, go to the submit tab.
- The scorecard can be downloaded and printed for future use.
MAT Marking Scheme 2022
Each question is worth four points, with a.25 point deduction for each wrong response. Candidates should send an email to email@example.com or contact 011-47673000/8130338839 if they find an issue in their MAT score.
MAT Selection Procedure 2022
The MAT 2022 further selection technique, according to the institutes, includes a number of phases. Institutes may or may not undertake the processes of selection, depending on their needs. The following are the documentation that candidates must present to the institutes during the MAT test selection process:
- 2022 MAT Admit Card
- The original (10th, 12th, and graduate) academic certificate, as well as copies
- Passport-size pictures MAT rank card
- Certificate of Caste (if any)
MAT Admission Process 2022
AIMA will not be in charge of the MBA admissions process. Candidates must apply to each of the MAT’s participating institutes independently. Candidates for MBA admission must engage in the selection process or counselling procedure at the relevant college for MBA admission based on the MAT 2022 results. The MAT admissions process includes a group discussion (GD), a personal interview (PI), and a written ability test (WAT). Candidates will be accepted based on their MAT scores as well as their performance in the selection process.
Candidates will need their registration number to view their MAT results online. The MAT 2022 result is available to download from the AIMA MAT official website, and candidates may access it by entering their registration number.
By the end of March, the MAT 2022 results for the February-March phase tests had been released. On the same day, the results of all three exam formats – CBT, PBT, and IBT – will be revealed.
The MAT score is valid for a year. Those who want to skip a year must retake the MAT exam the following year. If you take the MAT test in 2022, for example, your score will only be recognized for admission to the 2022-2023 class. MAT December scores, on the other hand, will be valid for the 2022 class.
No, AIMA does not offer centralized admissions counseling for MAT applicants. It only delivers candidates’ MAT score cards to the participating institutes they choose on the MAT application form.
Any B-School – national or international – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. The largest test of its kind in the nation, there is definitely merit in giving this test, if it matches with your dreams and aspirations!! Contact and get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts on 1800-572-000 and kickstart your study abroad journey.