Masters in Project Management is a professional graduate degree in Project Management. A project management degree not only provides students with theoretical knowledge but with practical skills to enhance their professional capabilities. Project management is an increasingly demanded skill nowadays as well as a growing and popular career in the UK. Getting a degree in project management from the top universities in the UK can definitely help students to brush up on their organizational skills and build a great career in the industry. This blog gives you an insight into the top universities offering Masters in Project Management in the UK along with the eligibility, salary and more.
|Course Name||Master in Project Management (MPM) or MSc in Project Management|
|Average Fees||GBP 18,000 – GBP 25,000 (INR 18 Lakhs – 25 Lakhs)|
|Job Profiles||Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager etc.|
|Average Salary||GBP 42,978 (INR 42 – 43 Lakhs)|
This Blog Includes:
- Universities Offering Masters in Project Management in UK
- Eligibility for Masters in Project Management in UK
- How to Apply?
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying
- Cost of Living in UK
- Scholarships for Masters in Project Management in UK
- Average Salary
Also read about Project Management Courses in Canada
Universities Offering Masters in Project Management in UK
The table below mentions the top universities with the courses offered along with their QS World University Rankings 2022:
|Universities||QS World University Rankings 2022||Course Offered|
|University of Manchester||#27||MSc Management of Projects|
|University of Warwick||#61||MSc Programme and Project Management (PPM)|
|University of Birmingham||#90||MSc Project Management|
|University of Bristol||#62||MSc Management (Project Management)|
|University of Southampton||#77||MSc Project Management|
Check out the Cheapest Universities in the UK for international students!
Eligibility for Masters in Project Management in UK
General Eligibility Requirements
Although the eligibility criteria for different universities offering Masters in Project Management in the UK might vary, the general eligibility criteria will ask international students to have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant and related field of study or stream or any equivalent with at least 60% of aggregate marks. Some universities might even ask for some entrance exams like GRE or any other exam/test accepted by the university.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: At least 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and no other components less than 6.0.
- TOEFL iBT: At least 90 overall with 22 or above in writing and no other components less than 20.
- PTE: At least 70 overall with 70 in writing and no other components less than 65.
How to Apply?
Although the application process might vary from university to university, here is a general step-by-step guide that will enlighten you to apply for your Masters in Project Management in the UK. Start with your application process at the top universities in the UK to study Masters in Project Management with the below-mentioned steps:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counsellors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your courses with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder. The experts will then commence your application process for multiple universities through our common dashboard platform where you can witness the status of your application process.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE etc.
- If you haven’t yet prepared for your IELTS exam, which is surely an important factor of studying abroad, join our Leverage Live classes and get trained by experts to score high.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, UK students visas, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. After accepting your offer letter, it’s now time to pay your semester fees, get your visa approved, CAS-Letter.
Know the difference between Conditional vs Unconditional Offer Letter
Here is the general document checklist that students must keep handy when applying for Masters in Project Management in UK:
- All official academic transcripts
- Diplomas if any
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Financial Evidence
Cost of Studying
The table below mentions the average estimated course fees for pursuing Masters in Project Management in UK at some of the most popular and renowned universities:
|University of Manchester||GBP 28,000 (INR 28 Lakhs)|
|University of Warwick||GBP 27,000 (INR 27 Lakhs)|
|University of Birmingham||GBP 25,740 (INR 25 Lakhs)|
|University of Bristol||GBP 26,000 (INR 26 Lakhs)|
|University of Southampton||GBP 21,000 (INR 21 Lakhs)|
Cost of Living in UK
While the cost of living anywhere in the world depends on your personal choices, the cost of living in the UK is calculated in the city you reside in. It is difficult to come to an absolute value of the cost which will be spent, but we can arrive at an estimated living cost which is tabulated below:
|Kind of Expense||Cost in GBP and INR|
|Fees for Visa Application||348 GBP (INR 35,834)|
|Housing||500 GBP (INR 51,486) monthly|
|Transportation||150-200 GBP (INR 15,445 to INR 19,844) monthly|
|Food||150-200 GBP (INR 14,883 to INR 20,594) monthly|
|Clothing and Leisure||50 GBP (INR 5,148) monthly|
|Telephone and Mobile||50 GBP (INR 5,148) monthly|
Scholarships for Masters in Project Management in UK
Here are some of the popular scholarships offered to international students for pursuing Masters in Project Management in UK:
|Management of Projects Excellence Award(University of Manchester)||Students with 50% – 60% in their UG Degree|
|Postgraduate Scholarships for University of Bristol Alumni(University of Bristol)||Students with academic excellence in a higher level of education|
|WMG School Scholarship(University of Warwick)||Students who achieved accomplishments in career or professional development.|
|International Postgraduate Taught MSc Scholarships(University of Southampton)||Students with 60% – 70% in their UG Degree|
|India Inlaks Scholarships(University of Birmingham)||Students with 60% – 70% in their UG Degree|
Project Management is a highly-paid career. The table below mentions some popular job profiles in this field along with their average base salary per year:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Project Manager||GBP 54,658 (INR 54 Lakhs)|
|Senior Project Manager||GBP 67,500 (INR 67 Lakhs)|
|Assistant Project Manager||GBP 29,463 (INR 29 Lakhs)|
|IT Project Manager||GBP 42,975 (INR 42 Lakhs)|
|Project Analyst||GBP 37,500 (INR 37 Lakhs)|
|Technical Project Manager||GBP 57,736 (INR 57 Lakhs)|
|Production Coordinator||GBP 27,400 (INR 27 Lakhs)|
|Program Analyst||GBP 38,000 (INR 38 Lakhs)|
It takes about 1-3 years to complete the degree for full-time and part-time mode respectively.
Most of the universities require 6.5 and above IELTS Bands but the University of Southampton requires 6.0 Bands in IELTS to get admitted to study for Masters in Project Management.
Yes. The University of Warwick offers WMG School Scholarship up to full tuition fees.
Are you planning to study Masters in Project Management in the UK? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.