Interior design degrees educate students on how to arrange the living spaces of buildings using design ideas and methods. Studying master’s in interior design in Australia will benefit you from the fantastic student atmosphere both inside and beyond the classroom. You will get the opportunity to visit some of the world’s greatest business and engineering institutions as well as tour a highly developed country. We’ve covered all you need to know about pursuing a master’s degree in interior design in Australia.
|Average Tuition Fees||17,24,772 INR – 22,97,000 INR|
|Exams Required||IELTS, TOEFL|
|Other Requirements||LOR, Portfolio|
This Blog Includes:
5 Reasons to Study in Australia
- When it comes to studying in Australia, international students have a number of options. The majority of Australian institutions are among the world’s top 100, indicating the importance of both number and quality.
- Australia is a melting pot of cultures. The diversity of cultures helps you to not only step outside of your usual comfort zone and try something new but also to feel at ease in a multicultural setting. The benefits of living in a diverse environment include wonderful culinary options, public international holidays, and the opportunity to study a foreign language, to name a few.
- Internships and job placements may be available to students at several Australian universities. If this is something that interests you, get in touch with your prospective educational institution to learn more about the requirements.
- Australians use the English language, most international students will not have any trouble understanding or being understood. Slang, on the other hand, might take a little longer to pick up! Have someone explain the lingo to you if you’re having problems keeping up with the conversation. You’ll be astounded by the variations that Australians have come up with.
- Australia offers a post-study visa to all international students for upto 2 to 4 years! Making it one of the longest duration post-study visas for foreigners offered by a country. It is also the gateway to receiving a permanent residency in the country and gaining work experience in one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
All of the universities have identical fundamental qualifying requirements the following minimum eligibility to study master in interior design in Australia:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Official transcripts
- Health insurance
- Medical Records
- Financial statements
- Letter of recommendation
- Portfolios– A research-based portfolio showcasing a mastery of design thinking, development, and expression.
- Work experience required by some universities
- Scores of English language proficiency test
English Proficiency Requirements
The English exams TOEFL and IELTS are required for study in Australia. Because the scorecard is valid for two years, students must familiarise themselves with the university schedule and apply for admission appropriately.
Cost of Studying
Each institution in Australia that offers a master’s degree in interior design has different tuition Fees. Mentioned below are the average tuition fees for institutions in Australia to study masters in interior design:
|Tuition Fees (Per annum)||17,24,772 INR – 22,97,000||32,223 – 42,914|
Cost of Living in Australia
The following are some of the most basic living expenditures in Australia:
|Phone and Internet||39,897|
Top Colleges for Masters in Interior Design in Australia
The top universities in Australia that offer masters in interior design are listed below, according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
|QS World University Rankings 2022||University|
|#301-350||University of South Australia|
|#93||TAFE Western Australia|
|#651||Unitec New Zealand limited|
|#38||The University of Sydney|
|#43||The University of New South Wales|
|#47||The University of Queensland|
|#133||University of Technology Sydney|
Because of the high expense of attending interior design school, students can apply for price exemptions and scholarships. A list of some of the available scholarships is provided below:
|VU International Future Leaders Scholarship||20% on Tuition fee for two semesters|
|Australia Awards||Full Tuition fees|
|Monash Merit Scholarship||13,709 AUD (7,34,052 INR)|
|Australia’s Global Award||6,854-13,709 AUD (3,66,999 – 7,34,052 INR)|
|Merit Scholarship||25% tuition fee|
|UC Scholarship||15% tuition fee|
|Australia Awards Scholarship||Variable amount|
|Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program||50% tuition fee|
Jobs & Salary After Masters in Interior Design
After graduation, prominent recruiters offer students work in a variety of locations. The following are some of the most prestigious job titles available:
|Interior Design Assistant||22,64,725|
|Design and Decoration Assistant||26,39,502|
|Commercial and Industry Design||30,35,695|
Are you planning to study for a master’s in interior design in Australia? Connect with us at Leverage Edu, we will assist you throughout the process from selecting the top universities to the visa process.