The Master of Financial Analytics is a comprehensive postgraduate program that equips you with critical financial knowledge and skills. You gain a broader understanding of finance as in this degree but only a limited comprehension of basic management issues. If you have an interest in finance and analytics, this course is a good choice. This blog helps you by providing all the information regarding this course in one place.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Financial Analytics?
- Syllabus for Masters in Financial Analytics
- Documents Required
- Application Process
- Fee Structure
- Top Universities Abroad
- Top Universities India
- Masters in Financial Analytics without GMAT
- Career Opportunities
- Job Roles and salary
- Future Scope of Masters in Financial Analytics
- Top Countries to Pursue a Master’s in Financial Analytics
Why Study Masters in Financial Analytics?
- A Financial Analytics degree equips you with statistical and programming abilities, enabling you to work in today’s technology-intensive finance businesses.
- You learn today’s most relevant tools, as well as techniques used by the world’s largest financial institutions, such as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, and Bank of America.
- It helps you to make financially strategic decisions using programming languages like SAS, R, SQL and Python, in addition to mastering corporate finance.
- Give students the skills to think critically and make decisions that add value based on complex and large amounts of data.
- Develop the fundamental knowledge and technical abilities of students in the areas of financial statement analysis, quantitative modelling, and applied finance.
Syllabus for Masters in Financial Analytics
The curriculum of this course does not require any prior knowledge of Finance or Business Analytics. The syllabus includes:
|Quantitative Methods||Data Analysis for Decision Making|
|R Programming Concepts||Data Visualization|
|Predictive Modeling||Big Data Analytics|
|Managerial Finance||Portfolio Management|
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in with a minimum of B+ grade (77%) or equivalent in the previous four semesters or two undergraduate years (last ten full credits) is recommended.
- The min. grade requirements will vary by the university. Some universities may also provide relaxation based on your overall profile.
- Universities may also specify preferences for certain degrees, which may include Management, Engineering, Finance etc.
- Candidates will also be required to furnish their English Language Proficiency scores of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE etc.
- Depending on the university, GRE/ GMAT scores may also be required.
- Academic transcripts
- Two Letters of Reference
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Personal Statement
- Detailed Resume or Curriculum Vitae
The application process will largely vary by university and country. However, some important factors to keep in mind while applying are:
- Experience is highly recommended in Financial Field
- Submit academic transcripts for courses
- Maintain professional résumé and CV
- Crack the interviews with the required skills
- Meet the criteria of GMAT/GRE scores
Want to take admitted to your dream university? Get personalized admissions advice from our experts. Book a 30-minute free consultation today.
The fees vary from country to country and between different Universities as well. The general fee per semester is in the range of INR 20-40 Lakh.
Top Universities Abroad
Here are the top universities abroad offering Masters courses in Finance.
|QS Ranking||Name of University||Location|
|#1||Said Business School, University of Oxford||Oxford, UK|
|#2||London Business School||London, UK|
|#3||MIT (Sloan)||Cambridge, USA|
|#4||HEC Paris||Paris, France|
|#5||Judge Business School||Cambridge, UK|
Top Universities India
|NIRF Ranking||Name of University||Location|
|#2||Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University||Kanpur|
|#4||BML Munjal University||Gurgaon|
|#5||Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||Delhi|
Masters in Financial Analytics without GMAT
MBA candidates are expected to have a basic understanding of mathematics, statistics, and spreadsheets; business analysis majors who excel at Maths, Statistics, Modeling, or Information Systems are the best candidates. It is not necessary to have a GRE or GMAT score.
- Babson College (Wellesley)
- DePaul University, Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, Chicago
- Suffolk University Sawyer School of Business, Boston
- Pace University, Lubin School of Business, New York
- Rutgers Business School, New York
- La Salle University, Philadelphia
- University of Delaware, Lerner
- Howard University, Washington DC
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul
Graduates of the Master of Science (MSc) in Financial Analytics degree may find employment in a variety of fields, including:
- Accountants – Financial or Managerial
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Finance
- Treasury Operations/Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence
- Private Equity Analyst (VC)
- Entrepreneur and/or Innovator
Job Roles and salary
|Designation||Average Annual Salary|
|Financial Analyst||USD 60,150 (INR 45,36,516)|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agent||USD 64,100 (INR 48,34,223)|
|Financial Manager||USD 72,500 (INR 54,69,030)|
|Financial Advisor||USD 58,500 (INR 44,13,289)|
|Actuary||USD 88,600 (INR 65,90,856)|
|Accountant||USD 50,900 (INR 38,39,972)|
|Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||USD 132,200 ( INR 99,73,366)|
Future Scope of Masters in Financial Analytics
A Finance job can be found anywhere in the world, however, certain locations have more job prospects than others. As a result, it’s usually best if you get your finance degree in the same country where you aim to start your job.
Students can graduate from the institute with significant skills and a highly challenging degree if they have a thorough understanding of business and finance. Creative accounting, current portfolio management, investment analysis, commodities derivatives, corporate restructuring, merger acquisition, and others are some of the common talents they would study in both practical and theoretical terms.
With these abilities in mind, students may easily pass interviews for any tough finance-related profession anywhere in the world. They can even create their own firm in the relevant industry if that is not an option.
Top Countries to Pursue a Master’s in Financial Analytics
The average salary earned by a Financial Analyst varies by country. Given below are the salary details for some countries.
|Country||Average Annual Salary|
|USA||USD 62,459 (INR 46.46 Lakhs)|
|UK||GBP 33,995 (INR 34.14 Lakhs)|
|Spain||EUR 33,094 (INR 27.93 Lakhs)|
|Switzerland||CHF 85,249 (INR 67.37 Lakhs)|
|Sweden||SEK 414,372 (INR 34.03 Lakhs)|
|Australia||AUD 76,543 (INR 41.15 Lakhs)|
|Singapore||SGD 54,972 (INR 30.29 Lakhs)|
Ans. For an early assessment of your candidacy, fill out a preliminary information form. This will allow the university to provide you with more accurate information about your eligibility for the programme before urging you to apply.
Ans. No, the MS in Business Analytics programme does not require GMAT or GRE results.
Ans. Throughout the year, the Admissions Team hosts virtual information sessions. To see a list of forthcoming information sessions, go to the events page of various universities. Please fill out a preliminary information form for an initial assessment on university websites.
Ans. Professional letters of recommendation (to be submitted online via the application portal) should be written by two people, one of whom should be a current supervisor. If you’re self-employed, a current or recent client could complete the recommendation.
Ans. The MFA is built on core courses in investment basics, asset management, corporate finance, accounting, financial markets, data analytics, and the world economy, with electives ranging from financial engineering to emerging markets.
If you want to apply to top universities for Masters in Financial Analytics Courses, take the help of Leverage Edu. You can get admits from top colleges to start a high flying career in the financial industry. After you study from a top University, the chances of a job in coveted fields like equity research, investment banking, private equity, etc. is much higher.