According to Grand View Research (GVR), the global market for civil engineering professionals is expected to grow to 12.08 trillion US dollars by 2025. To ensure you are a part of this tremendous growth, courses like Masters in Civil Engineering offered by the world’s top universities can be your stepping stone. A master’s in Civil Engineering in Australia is a 1-3 year postgraduate program that prepares a student to become a specialist in areas like design, construction and civil management. If you wish to settle in Australia and transform the country’s modern landscape as a civil engineer, then here is an exclusive guide!
Also Read: Civil Engineering vs Architecture
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Master’s in Civil Engineering in Australia?
- Top Universities for Masters in Civil Engineering in Australia
- Cost of Studying
- Scholarships for Studying Masters in Civil Engineering in Australia
- Popular Intakes
- Admission Process
- Eligibility Requirements
- Documents Required
- Student Visa for Australia
- Post-Study Work Visa
- Scope of Studying Masters in Civil Engineering in Australia
- Potential Careers
What is a Master’s in Civil Engineering in Australia?
- A Master in Civil Engineering provides you with in-depth knowledge in the broad engineering fields of structural, water and environmental, geotechnical and transportation engineering.
- The course prepares students for potential careers as Civil engineers, Construction Project managers, Consultants, Engineers, Engineering technologists, Engineering managers, Project Developers, and Project Managers to name a few.
- Most universities in Australia have two semesters a year, except a few which have three trimesters.
- Almost all universities offer this course both on-campus and online. Full-time courses could extend from 1 year up to 3 years and part-time courses could extend up to 4 years depending upon the university.
- Jobs in Civil Engineering can be pursued in areas such as Project and construction management, Transport engineering, Structural engineering, Geotechnical engineering, Water resources and wastewater treatment, etc.
- After completing a master’s, you can earn an average starting salary of $80,000 (INR 60 Lakhs) a year in Australia. With experience, you can earn an average salary of $72000–$164000(INR 54 Lakhs – 1.2 cr ).
Register Here and Book the Date for Uplifting your Career!!
Must Read: MTech in Civil Engineering
Top Universities for Masters in Civil Engineering in Australia
Following is the list of top universities for master’s in civil engineering in Australia:
|University||QS World Ranking 2022||Location|
|University of Sydney||40||Sydney|
|University of Melbourne||41||Melbourne|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||44||Kensington, Sydney|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||46||Brisbane|
|University of Western Australia||92||Perth|
|University of Adelaide||106||Adelaide|
|University of Technology Sydney||133||Sydney|
|The University of Newcastle, Australia||197||Callaghan|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||217||Brisbane|
|University of Southern Australia (UniSA)||295||Magill|
|Griffith University||303||South East Queensland|
|Swinburne University of Technology||372||Melbourne|
Cost of Studying
Mentioned below is the cost of studying for a master’s in civil engineering in Australia with duration:
|University||Annual Tuition Fee||Duration of Course|
|University of Sydney||$49,000 (INR 36.7 Lakhs)||1.5|
|University of Melbourne||$31597 (INR 23.7 Lakhs)||3|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||$35,760 (INR 26.8 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||$32569 (INR 24.4 Lakhs)||2|
|Monash University||$35598 (INR 26.7 Lakhs)||1|
|University of Western Australia (UWA)||$126,600 for total course (INR 95 Lakhs)||2-3|
|University of Adelaide||$46,000 (INR 34.5 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||$85920 for entire course (INR 6.4 Lakhs)||2|
|The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON)||$28757 (INR 21.5 Lakhs)||3|
|Macquarie University||$27404 (INR 20.5 Lakhs)||2|
|Curtin University||$37,800 (INR 28.3 Lakhs)||2|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||$38,400 (INR 28.8 Lakhs)||2|
|RMIT University||$25088 (INR 18.8 Lakhs)||2|
|Deakin University||$34,600 (INR 25.9 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Southern Australia (UniSA)||$26062 (INR 19.5 Lakhs)||2|
|Griffith University||$39000 (INR 29.2 Lakhs)||1-1.5|
|Swinburne University of Technology||$30088 (INR 22.5 Lakhs)||2|
Scholarships for Studying Masters in Civil Engineering in Australia
Following are the scholarships for studying for a master’s in civil engineering in Australia:
|Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions||University of Melbourne|
|Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Scholarship||University of Melbourne in|
|Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship||University of Melbourne|
|Melbourne Welcome Grant||University of Melbourne|
|Engineering Sydney Industry Placement Scholarship||University of Sydney|
|Master of Professional Engineering International Scholarship||Monash University|
|Shaping Futures Postgraduate Scholarship||The University of Newcastle, Australia|
|South Asia Excellence Scholarship||The University of Newcastle, Australia|
|Aquatec Maxcon Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|International High Achievers Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|International Onshore Merit Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|Equity Scholarships Scheme||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)|
|Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s Meritorious 100% Scholarship||Deakin University|
|Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship||Deakin University|
|Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship||University of Southern Australia (UniSA)|
|International Merit Scholarship||University of Southern Australia (UniSA)|
|Postgraduate Merit Scholarship||Curtin University|
|Griffith Remarkable Scholarship||Griffith University|
|International Student Academic Excellence Scholarship||Griffith University|
|International Student Academic Merit Scholarship||Griffith University|
|George Swinburne University of Technology||Swinburne University of Technology|
Must Read: Scholarships in Australia for Indian Students
Universities in Australia offer Masters in Civil Engineering programs majorly during the February Intake or July intake.
|February(Late Feb/ early March to late May/ early June)||October-November|
|(July IntakeLate July/ early August to November)||February-March|
The admission process for studying Masters in Civil Engineering from Australia requires test preparation and planning. Students have to visit individual universities, check the eligibility requirements, documents needed and then start the application process at each university separately. This process can be hastened with the right guidance and expertise, you can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to ensure all necessary formalities are taken care of in one single portal with complete transparency.
Once you have submitted all your documents, the university takes 2-3 weeks to process your application and offer a confirmation of enrolment in Australia. Once you have the admit letter, the students must start the application for accommodation, flights as well as visa application to cement their journey to new heights!
Also Read: Australia Eases Travel Restrictions for International Students
- A Bachelor’s degree with honours or equivalent with minimum GPA specified by the university.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA specified by the university
- English Language Proficiency (IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE). Minimum scores specified by the university.
- A background in science and mathematics.
What are the Requirements to Study in Australia?
- Completely filled application form
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Copy of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE test scores
- Self-attested X and XII marksheet and certificates
- Passport/Identification Card
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of funds
Student Visa for Australia
Getting a student visa for Australia is comparatively easier than in other countries and it falls under the Subclass 500. You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The maximum validity is 5 years. The requirements include:
- Proof of identity
- English language proficiency scores
- Proof of enrollment in an academic institution in Australia (Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement (proof of your intention to come to Australia only to study and not to settle down here)
- Certified documents of academic results
- Recent passport size photographs
- Proof of funds
- Australian approved health insurance
- Criminal records, if any.
- Visa fee payment
- Additional requirements by the university
Post-Study Work Visa
Once you’ve completed your masters, you may be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
Scope of Studying Masters in Civil Engineering in Australia
After completing your Masters in Civil Engineering you can work in the following industries:
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Oil and Gas
- Water Resources Engineering
- Project and construction management
- Structural Engineering
- Urban Development
- Civil Engineer
- Construction Project Manager
- Engineering Technologist
- Engineering manager
- Project Developer
- Project Manager
- Project Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Tunnel Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Build Reports Consultant
- Construction Engineer
- Rail Engineer
- Drainage Engineer
Also Read: Why Study in Australia?
Confused about the best universities for studying Master of Civil Engineering in Australia? Fret not, our experts can help you with choosing the best university and finding the right accommodation at affordable prices. All you need to do is call us at 1800 572 000 and book a FREE session today!