Canada is one of the preferred choices as an international study abroad destination. With more students wishing to study in Canada, there are more courses available for students now. One such course is the Masters in Business Analytics out of the many master’s courses in Canada. This course is for students who wish to have a better understanding of technology and business. Here is this blog, we cover everything about masters in business analytics in Canada. Stick with us till the very end!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Business Analytics in Canada?
- Course Description
- Top Universities: Masters In Business Analytics in Canada
- Admission Process
- Application Essentials: Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
- Masters in Business Analytics in Canada without GMAT
- Scholarships: Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
- Job Prospects
Why Study Masters in Business Analytics in Canada?
Let’s look at the various reasons why pursuing masters in Business Analytics in Canada is an optimal choice for international students.
- The employment opportunities associated with business analytics will witness a sheer increase of about 110,000 by 2026
- As per the GMAC survey 2018, seventy-one percent of executives intend on chartering business school grads for analytical roles. Fifty-two percent of these approved candidates are expected to have MBAN or a similar degree
- About eight Canadian Universities grant Masters in Business Analytics, among which 3 are in the world’s prime hundred, as per the QS World Universities Ranking, 2019
Masters in Business analytics is available as MBAN and an MBA with a specialization in business analytics. Let us now get a brief description of masters in Business Analytics in Canada. The key points are mentioned below.
- Masters in Business Analytics is a course which is spread over a span of 1-2 years, depending on the college or university. It is open to students coming from computer science, statistical mathematics, or data analytics.
- A few other added specializations within this program is customer analytics, operations analytics, people analytics, and accounting analytics.
- The core subjects granted incorporate big data analytics, predictive modelling, supply chain analytics, data visualization, energy analytics, and programming for analytics.
Top Universities: Masters In Business Analytics in Canada
Here we have listed the best institutes for masters in business analytics in Canada and the program specialization available. You can have a look here:
|QS World University Rankings:
Masters in Business
Analytics Ranking 2021
|33||34||UBC Sauder school of business|
|N/A||4001-500||York Schulich school of business|
|N/A||136||University of Alberta|
|N/A||201-250||Western Ivey Business school|
|17||43||Rotman School of management|
|N/A||72||McMaster DeGroote School of Business|
Also Read: Top 10 Colleges In Canada
Candidates who are considering studying in Canada are obliged to meet certain qualifications for admittances. The admission process in master in business analytics in Canada differs for different universities. The aspects of the admissions process for master’s programs in Canada are:
- Candidates must visit the details on the official website of the university to know the particulars of the admission portals
- Foreign candidates are advised to join for the fall term for most of the colleges
The qualification standards for acceptance in business analytics courses in Canada are:
- Concluded education of sixteen years- 10+2+4
- Fulfilment of a 4-year course with an exposure to linear algebra, statistics, and calculus
- Hands-on expertise in computer programming and data analytics
- GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, implying the percentage score should be between 76-81% and letter grade as B or higher
University Specific Requirements
Other university specifications for each of the following universities are as follows:
|McGill University||GMAT/GRE, interview|
|Western Ivey Business School||GMAT/GRE- recommended|
School of Business
|Work Experience, GMAT- 600,
KIRA online video interview
|HEC University||GMAT- 600, GRE, TAGE MAGE- 300 French language proficiency: TEF/TCF- B2 to C1 level|
|Carleton University||2-year work experience, GMAT-550 or GRE equivalent, interview|
|UBC Sauder School of Business||GRE/GMAT|
|University of Alberta||GMAT- 550, 50% percentile in GRE, average work experience- 5 years, 60% in UG(Indian Applicants)|
|York Schulich School of Business||GMAT (avg)- 680, Letter grade B+, work experience recommended|
Application Essentials: Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
Candidates for masters in business analytics in Canada programs need to submit several documents with their application form. The specifications for the documents needed for admittance in Masters in Business Analytics in Canada are:
- Candidates for MS in Business Analytics need to submit academic or professional letters of recommendation. Most of the universities expect 2-3 LORs
- A renewed professional resume needs to be submitted along with the application form
- Underwriting Documents: Declaration of purpose, personal essays are some of the supplementary documents that you may need for admittances
- Certificates, mark sheets, and other documents from former institutions must be proffered
- Some universities require candidates to submit original transcripts. Certain universities ask candidates to submit certified original copies of the transcripts
- International applicants from non-native English speaking countries need to submit verification of language proficiency. Candidates can submit the record of standardized language examinations
- The minimum score qualifications for studying MS Business Analytics in Canada are as follows:
The forms for all the universities are holistically assessed. GRE/GMAT scores, LORs, and interviews play a crucial role in admittances. The declarations are published in 2-6 months. Entrance to masters in business analytics in Canada is a pretty scrupulous system.
Masters in Business Analytics in Canada without GMAT
Among the many required documents and tests, the GMAT is considered essential to pursue a Master’s in Business Analytics in Canada. However, some universities waive off GMAT, given that the candidate has excellent academic and other skills. Students can approach university officials for detailed information about GMAT waivers.
Foreign candidates considering studying in Canada need to have minimum capital for financing their education for the first year. They need to have a brief idea about the cost of studying in Canada. The tuition fee for masters in business analytics in Canada differs among diverse universities.
Here is a listing to indicate the costs involved for an international student planning to study abroad but may vary for different universities:
|Type of Expense||Cost|
|Program Application Fees||INR 5,470- INR 8,241|
|Visa Application Fees||INR 17,139|
|Health Insurance||INR 7,29,340|
|IELTS Fees||INR 13,492- INR 13,857|
|TOEFL Fees||INR 11,669 – INR 18,233|
|GRE Fees||INR 14,951- INR 16,774|
|GMAT Fees||INR 18,233|
|Airfare||INR 32,820- INR 10,2,107|
Tuition Fee: MS in Business Analytics in Canada
Candidates must guarantee that they visit the official tuition fees pages for the course and university they opt for. Here we have listed the tuition fees for masters in business analytics in Canada from the topmost Canadian universities. Check it out:
|University||Program Fee/year (USD) (approx)|
|UBC Sauder School of Business||INR 30,61,478|
|York Schulich School of Business||INR 28,06,355|
|University of Alberta||INR 31,34,371|
|Western Ivey Business School||INR 37,61,245|
|Carleton University||INR 28,06,355|
|McGill University||INR 24,49,182|
|McMaster University||INR 22,04,993|
Scholarships: Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
Global graduate aspirants can apply for finance from their residence country. Students always have the option of applying for a scholarship. Foreign candidates registered in MBAN and MBA with Business Analytics specializations are given various scholarships, which are mentioned below.
- Asia Top Talent Scholarship International Talent Scholarship
- Merit Scholarships
- Merit-based Entrance Award and International Student Award
- Entrance Scholarship
- Various Entrance Scholarships are available Scotiabank Fellowship
- Merit-based Awards
- Provost Entrance Scholarship The Woo Family International Entrance Scholarship
Foreign candidates can work in Canada on a Canadian Work Permit. Here is a list of jobs in Canada with work permits for students pursuing masters in business analytics in Canada along with the average salaries granted:
|Profession||Average Salary per annum(INR)||Profession||Average Salary per annum(INR)|
|Business Analyst||57,29,105||Management Analyst||52,58,302|
|Business Intelligence Analyst||56,60,858||Market Research Analyst||39,09,986|
|Data Scientist||78,38,201||Business Data Analyst||51,03,945|
|Data Analyst||44,05,142||Financial Analyst||51,08,101|
|Revenue Management||69,26,782||Innovation Manager||69,52,812|
|System Analyst||53,92,390||Business Intelligence Managers||68,86,388|
Masters in Business Analytics in Canada is a course winning large attraction due to the expanding acclaim of big data-related positions. PG degree in business analytics scholars can get jobs in fields like financial services, retail, media, travel, healthcare, etc. When speaking of inductions, Masters graduates from Canadian Universities get placed at prominent names like Amazon, HSBC Bank Canada, PwC, and Hoot Suite.
Explore: 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada
Students are required to have a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS and 100 on the TOEFL.
The average cost of studying MS in Business Analytics in Canada is around 9,00,000 to 10,00,000 INR.
Masters in business analytics in Canada is a 1-2 year course.
No, being statistics orientated subject, you will not require much coding.
Apart from the basic knowledge in computer science and maths, students do not need extensive education in coding or maths.
MS programs have become a charming choice among students offering lucrative career options too after completing the program. Still, have doubts regarding Masters in Business Analytics in Canada? Our experts at Leverage Edu will guide you through the process. Book a free session today!