Being a social worker means you are engaging in work that actually addresses the issues that people are facing on a daily basis. Unlike those who are only talking and have no action, you are someone who has decided that it is time to take on the challenges head-on. The smallest continent and one of the largest countries in the world, Australia has ample opportunities for people who wish to transform lives. The Master of Social Work in Australia is a program that has been formulated for future changemakers and trailblazers of the world. MSW in Australia as well as all over the world is a fast growing field and the proffessionals in this field are highly sought after.
This Blog Includes:
If you are someone who wants to make an impact on the world and bring changes, then the Masters’s of social work degree at an Australian University is one of the best options.
- A plethora of courses related to the field of social work, students can find masters, diplomas as well as bachelor degrees for studying social work and can gain work experience while studying for the program.
- Cost of studying in Australia is relatively less when compared to countries like the USA, Canada and the USA.
- Australia is the only country that offers a post-study work visa for upto 4 years which allows students to stay back and gain valuable experience.
- Another advantage of studying in social work in the country is the average salary for social workers in the country. Social workers can expect AUD 70,000 or INR 37,42,217 per year.
- Australia is an excellent place for studying social work as the country places high value on human development and counselling. There are numerous job opportunities for Welfare Centre Manager, Welfare Worker, Social Worker and Community Worker.
It is always a good option to check out the top universities around the world for the course you wish to pursue. We have sorted out this list for you. Here are the top universities for Master of Social Work in Australia with their tuition fees.
|University||Location||Fees (AUD)||Fees (INR)|
|University of Melbourne||Melbourne||89,360||47,85,115|
|Australian College of Applied Psychology||Wollongong||48,866||26,16,712|
|University of the Sunshine Coast||Brisbane||52,800||28,27,373|
|Federation University Australia||Ballarat||52,400||28,05,352|
|University of South Australia||Adelaide||60,600||32,45,053|
|La Trobe University||Melbourne||67,200||35,98,475|
|Western Sydney University||Sydney||56,160||30,07,297|
|Queensland University of Technology||Brisbane||62,200||33,30,731|
- Eligibility for pursuing a Master degree is graduation in any discipline but candidates having a bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW/ BA) or psychology, social science, sociology or any other related field get preference for a Master degree in social work.
- English proficiency scores: IELTS score of 6.0 and TOEFL score of 79
- Some work or volunteering experience in social care, health or education
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. To study Masters’s in Social Work in Australia you must apply from the official websites of the different universities. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to Australia! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for universities in Australia:
- Call our experts to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Here are the documents required for admissions to MSW in Australia:
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Duration of MSW in Australia
For most programs of Master of Social Work in Australia, the duration of the course is 2 years. This includes practical experience and industry experience work as well.
Average Salary after MSW in Australia
The average salary of a social worker in Australia is $95,000 per year (INR 50,78,723) or $48.72 (INR 2,604) per hour. Entry-level positions start at $79,651 (INR 42,58,162) per year, while most experienced workers make up to $111,774 per year (INR 59,75,466).
Now that you have read all the information on Masters of Social Work in Australia, here is a short video for you to understand if Australia is the right choice for your future studies and take your dream to the next mile.
Planning to study for a Masters’s in Social Work in Australia? Make sure you contact our Leverage Edu experts to make your dream university a reality!