The land down under has slowly gained its reputation of being the most popular destinations for higher studies, especially for studying post-graduation programs. Housing some of the world’s best B-schools such as Australian National University, University of Sydney, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, and Melbourne Business School, Australia offers high-quality education in a culturally diverse environment along with flexible visa rules. With a comprehensive Australian education system, students get to explore an array of career opportunities across various disciplines. Further, the country also has some of the best-planned cities of the world which include Melbourne and Sydney. While most of the master’s programs in Australia are well known, the Master in Management (MIM) has become a popular choice amongst students. In this blog, we will shed light on various aspects of pursuing a Masters of Management in Australia and the universities known for offering such courses.
This Blog Includes:
Master of Management in Australia: Best Universities
With the rise in demand for management professionals, universities across the world are offering masters programs. Known for their high quality of education, listed below are some of the institutes offering Master of Management in Australia:
- Melbourne Business School: This university provides a Master of Management course which runs for a duration of 2 years. With 4 core, 4 foundation, 3 general electives, and 4 management electives, this Master in Management in Australia is highly renowned.
- Australian National University: This university offers a range of specializations such as Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Business Information Systems, Business Core, etc. The 2 year Master of Management in Australia from this university is a popular choice amongst students.
- University of Sydney: The university requires students to complete a capstone project as part of the Master of Management in Australia. The program which runs for a duration of 1.15 years long is accredited by AACSB, CEMS, and EQUIS.
Apart from the above-mentioned universities, listed below are some of the other institutes that offer Master of Management in Australia:
- University of Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management
- Monash Business School, Monash University
Master of Management in Australia: Eligibility Criteria
While the Masters in Management program in Australia is well known across the globe, there are certain selection criteria that students have to adhere to. Listed below are the prerequisites for the same:
- The candidate should possess proof of financial aid to ensure their stay in Australia.
- The candidate should possess proof of acceptance for full-time Master of Management in Australia, in any of the recognized educational Australian university.
- The students are also required to submit the English Language proficiency test scores like that of TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- The candidates are also required to undergo a medical checkup as per the VISA requirements.
- It is to be noted that the VISA lasts for the duration of the course and therefore the applicant is advised to be thorough about the course details of the particular institute.
Aspirants are advised to apply for a student visa for the Master of Management in Australia well in time. Further, it is important to note that the Temporary Graduate Visa offers candidates with the chance to look for employment opportunities in Australia for a period of 18 months after the completion of the MIM program. The post-study work visa is valid up to 4 years but it is dependant on the kind of educational qualification the student possesses.
Also read: Cost of studying in Australia
Pursuing a Master of Management in Australia opens the door to an array of career opportunities in both the public and private sectors. From Management Trainee to a Research Analyst, the job profiles for the graduates are many. Top MNC’s like L’oreal, Morgan Stanley, Johnson and Johnson, etc recruit program graduates for various managerial roles.
Hopefully, this blog has provided you with the necessary information pertaining to studying Master of Management in Australia. If you are planning to pursue this course, then it is important to note that many universities are accepting applications for the January intake. To avoid end moment complications, it is advised to go through the process in advance. The experts at Leverage Edu can lend you a helping hand in this. From completing admission related formalities to helping you write an impeccable statement of purpose, the mentors will guide you at every step.