Interior design has emerged as a distinct discipline concerned with improving living conditions through the creation of environments that incorporate aesthetic considerations as well as ethnography and ergonomics. By combining creativity, visual sensibility, and technical features, the interior design contributes to the increasing functionality and quality of interior environments. Graphic design, industrial design, and landscape architecture are all fields that are related to interior design. We have supplied all of the relevant details regarding the Master of Interior Design program so that you can determine whether or not you want to pursue interior design as a career.
|Course Level||Postgraduate Course|
|Examination Type||Semester Examinations|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination + Merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 to INR 4 lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 2 LPA to INR 10 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Concentrix, UBIQUITY global services, AMTI, AFNI, etc|
|Top Recruiting Area||Architectural firms, hotels and resorts, and more|
|Job Positions||Interior Designer, Textile Designer, and Interior Architect, and more|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Master of Interior Design All About?
- Why Study Master of Interior Design?
- Master of Interior Design Syllabus
- Eligibility Criteria
- Popular Entrance Exams
- Popular Universities Abroad to Study Interior Designing
- Top Colleges India
- Admission Process for Master of Interior Design
What is Master of Interior Design All About?
Master of Interior Design is very popular nowadays, and it may be summarised as follows:
- Master of Interior Design is a creative program that focuses on the design and interpretation of indoor spaces, whether they are public or private. It covers everything from research to competent design proposals.
- It aids the candidate’s understanding of technical and functional concepts. Space’s aesthetic and technological characteristics. It enables the candidate to comprehend how that space relates to the user and the room’s general function.
- The sophisticated dimensions and insights of interior design help the candidate see how space relates to the user and the room’s overall purpose. As a result, Master of Interior Design is a fascinating course.
- Interior design, textile design, architectural interiors, and many more jobs are available for aspirants to pursue in this field.
Learn more about MBA in Interior Designing!
Why Study Master of Interior Design?
Master of Interior Design graduates benefits from an excellent package, an intriguing job profile, and a stable career, among other things. Here are a few reasons why it’s a good idea to go with it:
- Master of Interior Design is a popular and fascinating subject that encompasses both academic and creative domains.
- Interior design is a widely accepted course with a unique syllabus framework that provides a great possibility to work overseas.
- On various employment responsibilities, there are numerous diversified career alternatives available in the commercial and public sectors, such as hotels, architectural firms, municipal organizations, and so on.
- Interior design is a fascinating career option because of its practical applications and the ability to combine ultimate creativity with scientific understanding.
- Students who complete the Master of Interior Design program gain a head start by landing jobs with salaries ranging from INR 3 to 12 lakhs per annum.
Master of Interior Design Syllabus
Although the syllabus for this program will vary from university to university, the following table contains the semester-by-semester general syllabus or core subjects that most colleges use in the Master of Interior Design program:
|Year I||Year II|
|Construction Techniques||History of Art and Architect|
|Landscape Interiors||Elements of Services|
|History of Interiors Furniture||Indian Instituteregularly of Interior Design|
|Design and Crafting||Design and Drafting|
|Practical Lab||Practical Lab|
An applicant seeking admission to the Master of Interior Design program must meet the following requirements and general eligibility criteria:
- This course is open to anyone with a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
- A bachelor’s degree in Apparel Technology, Applied Arts and Crafts, Garment Technology, Textile Technology, Fashion Technology, Textile Processing, or a related field is preferred.
- For colleges that accept students based on entrance tests, candidates must have passed the entrance exam accepted by the university.
- If the students are planning to stud abroad, they will also need EPL test scores like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE.
- Provisional admissions are available to any student who is currently in their last semester of a bachelor’s degree program.
Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, students also need to have:
- Transcripts or marksheet of your previous degree or diploma
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) & Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to study in Canada.
- Submission essays and work portfolio (if asked by the university)
- An updated CV/resume (if required)
- Student visa
Popular Entrance Exams
Admissions to this program are determined by a variety of entrance exams. For Master of Interior Design admissions, both university and central entrance tests are taken into account. The following are the common entrance exams and university entrance exams that are taken into consideration for admission to the Master of Interior Design program:
|Exam||Exam Mode||Application Date||Examination date|
|AIRED||Online||November 21-December 21, 2021||January 3 – January 9, 2022|
|CEED||Offline||Till 17 November 2021||January 17, 2022|
|NID||Offline||October 2021||January 2022|
|NATA||Online||The first week of September||Last week of September|
Note: All of the entrance exams follow the same pattern as the OMR kind. The paper is divided into sections that involve subject knowledge, aptitude questions, and reasoning questions. There is also a part dedicated to language assessment. The entrance examinations are quite straightforward, and passing them requires hard to study and frequent aptitude practice.
Popular Universities Abroad to Study Interior Designing
Here are some popular universities abroad where students can pursue the course of Master of Interior Design:
|Pratt Institute||United States|
|Savannah College of Art and Design||United States|
|Rhode Island School of Design||United States|
|Florence Design Academy||Italy|
|New York School of Interior Design||United States|
|Visual Collage of Art & Design||Canada|
|Whitehouse Institute of Design||Australia|
|Dublin Institute of Design||Ireland|
|The Interior Design School||UK|
Top Colleges India
Here is a list of some of the top colleges in India for this course:
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- International Institute of Fashion Design Mumbai
- RITM University
- International Institute of Fashion Design Chandigarh
- Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University
- International Institute of Fashion Design Pune
- Srinivasan University, Mangalore
- William Carey University, Shillong
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon
Admission Process for Master of Interior Design
Every college has its own admissions process for Master of Interior Design students. Entrance examinations and merit-based admissions are the two main options for Master of Interior Design admissions. The following is a full description of the university admissions process to study this course:
Some universities admit students depending on their academic performance during their senior year. The grades earned in high school are taken into account, and a merit list is created for admissions.
Admission Based on Entrance Examination and Interviews
To register for Master of Interior Design admissions based on entrance examinations, candidates must complete the steps outlined below:
- Fill out the registration form on the college’s website or portal regularly.
- Fill in all of the required information, including your date of birth, grades, and other pertinent details.
- With the application form, attach the relevant documents.
- Pay the registration cost and get the registration form.
- Download the admission card to appear in the entrance examination.
- The merit list is compiled by the appropriate university and is based on each student’s individual admission exam score.
- Following the selection of candidates based on their admission exam scores, a counselling session is performed to assign confirmed places to the chosen candidates.
In India, an occupational therapist’s salary ranges from INR 2 LPA to INR 10 LPA. The candidate’s course and college play a significant effect in determining the individual’s starting wage.
Admissions to interior design programs are quite competitive. Furthermore, to be admitted to this program, you must be creative and have excellent communication abilities. As a result, getting accepted to this program can be tough at times.
No, having arts in the senior secondary test is not required. Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Technology, Applied Arts and Crafts, Garment Technology, Textile Technology, Fashion Technology, Textile Processing, etc. to complete a Master Of Interior design.
We hope you’ve learned everything you need to know about Master of Interior Design from this blog. Do you want to study Interior Designing in a foreign country? Our Leverage Edu professionals can assist you in finding the best course and institution to fit your goals and interests. Book your free 30-minute e-session with us today on 1800572000, and we’ll provide you with customized services that are tailored to your specific requirements.