The only university in New Zealand offering courses in aviation, dispute resolution, veterinary medicine, and nanoscience has been ranked 556 in the Best Global Universities. The history of Massey University, its diverse range of programs, and the flexibility of its distance education program enable students from around the world to tailor their studies to meet their needs, while at the same time remaining connected to industry, professional associations, and local communities. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that can be completed wholly online at Massey University, which is New Zealand’s leading provider of online and borderless education. Let’s read more about Massey University acceptance rate, rankings and more.
|Location||Palmerston North, New Zealand|
|Campus||Palmerston North, Albany, and Wellington|
|Notable Alumni||Rico Gear, Jo Aleh, Paula Bennett|
|Percentage of International Students||32%|
|Student Ratio of Females to Males||63:37|
|No. of students per staff||16:9|
This Blog Includes:
- Massey University Acceptance Rate
- Massey University: Rankings
- Massey University: Entry Requirements
- Documents Required
- English Proficiency Test Requirements
- Massey University: Programs and Fees
- Massey University Notable Alumni
- Massey University: Campus & Accommodation
Massey University Acceptance Rate
Massey University has a 65% acceptance rate, indicating a lightly selective admission policy. Admissions Requirements: A minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (82-83%) is required for admission to Massey University.
Massey University MBA
There are a few MBAs available in New Zealand with specializations that are available as online or full-time programs. Massey University’s MBA program is unique to New Zealand. Massey University provides MBA programs with the option to study full-time on campus for a year or online for an extended period. As a result, those living outside of New Zealand or working in regional areas of New Zealand can complete this degree. A second distinctive characteristic of Massey University’s MBA is its specialization options. Generally, the acceptance rate is 65%.
Also Read: Why Study in New Zealand and Not in India?
Massey University: Rankings
The rankings of Massey University for the year 2022-2023 by various ranking authorities are given below:
|ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2022||#601-700|
|THE Rankings 2023||#601-800|
|QS World Rankings 2023||292|
|Global Universities – US News & World Report 2022-2023||#598|
Massey University: Entry Requirements
To get admission to an undergraduate program, a minimum level of academic achievement from a school, or another university is required. The specific requirement will depend on which country you are from.
Entry requirements for UG courses are as follows:
- An overall average of 75% and at least 60% in English is required for the All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) Year 12
- A score of 75% or better in ISC Year 12 with at least 60% in English is required.
- Examinations for the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal, including
- The average overall grade must be 85% or higher (with no less than four academic subjects)
- The English score must be 70% or higher.
International students must meet certain entry requirements to study at Massey. A high school diploma or another degree with a qualification in English is required otherwise the scores of IELTS or TOEFL. You must have completed an undergraduate degree or a three-year diploma from a tertiary institution to be eligible for a graduate diploma.
Must Read: Requirements To Study In New Zealand
The general documents required for securing admission at Massey University are listed below:
- Completed Massey University application
- Official academic transcript
- English proficiency test score
- Student Visa
- Financial statement
- Medical statement
Must Read: SOP for New Zealand
English Proficiency Test Requirements
Applicants from countries where English is not the primary language of instruction must demonstrate a minimum level of English proficiency. The minimum English Language Proficiency scores are as follows. Students should keep in mind that the tests should not be older than two years.
|IELTS||Overall 6.0Band score no less than 5.5||Overall 6.5Band score no less than 6.0|
|TOEFL iBT||Overall 80At least 19 in writing||Overall 90At least 20 in writing|
|PTE Academic||Overall 50At least 42 in communicative skill||Overall 58At least 50 in communicative skill|
Also Read: IELTS and GMAT Scores to Study in New Zealand
Massey University: Programs and Fees
Massey University offers over 500 innovative and flexible courses on campus and online. It has a unified academic framework with more than 30 institutions, schools, departments, and centres spread across five colleges and three locations. The university encourages interdisciplinary programmes, both taught and research-based, in which faculty and students work together to conduct extensive research.
- Veterinary medicine, food technology, information sciences, engineering & technology, agriculture, finance, marketing, and accounting are all popular study areas.
- Massey University has 60 years of experience providing digital programmes in a variety of fields of study.
- It has the most comprehensive offering of digital teaching technology in New Zealand.
- It provides undergraduate, graduate, certificate, diploma, and study abroad programmes both online and on-campus.
- Massey University is the only university in the country that offers programmes in Aviation, Nanoscience, Dispute Resolution, and Veterinary Medicine.
Some of Massey University’s top programmes, as well as their fees, are listed below:
|Computer Science||33,770 NZD(INR 17.75 Lakh)||3 Years|
|Microbiology||33,770 NZD(INR 17.75 Lakh||3 Years|
|Psychology||33,770 NZD(INR 17.75 Lakh||3 Years|
|Information Sciences||36,390 NZD(INR 19.13 Lakh)||3 Years|
|Process Engineering||36,390 NZD(INR 19.13 Lakh)||4 Years|
|Engineering with Honours||36,390 NZD(INR 19.13 Lakh)||4 Years|
|Creative Media Production||36,390 NZD(INR 19.13 Lakh)||3 Years|
|Commercial Music||33,630 NZD(INR 17.67 Lakh)||3 Years|
|Business||30,400 NZD(INR 15.98 Lakh)||3 Years|
Finding the right financial aid to fund your studies in New Zealand can be difficult, but exploring your options, whether they are government scholarships or university scholarships, can help you find the financial assistance you require! The following are the top New Zealand scholarships:
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
- New Zealand Excellence Awards
- New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship
- SEG Scholarship
Must Read: Scholarships in New Zealand
Massey University Notable Alumni
One of the top universities of New Zealand possesses a basket of notable alumni including rugby union player Rico Gear, Olympic sailor Jo Aleh and deputy prime minister of New Zealand Paula Bennett. Isn’t it amazing? Do you also want to be a part of this network?
Want a Free Career Counselling Session? Register Here!
Massey University: Campus & Accommodation
Massey University is one of New Zealand’s largest residential universities. It is the only university with three campuses packed with student amenities. There are three campuses: Palmerston, Albany, and Wellington.
- Massey University’s three campuses each have a library, recreation facilities, cafeterias, residential buildings, and so on.
- Each campus has university-managed housing and online visa renewal processing centres.
- Private, local, and university-owned housing is available on all three campuses.
- According to student reviews, Massey University has an excellent sports and recreation infrastructure.
- It has a gym, physiotherapy, an athletic track, a personal trainer, and other amenities.
- It has a number of student clubs and societies in which students from various backgrounds can participate.
- Albany, Palmerston, and Wellington campuses have 7000, 9000, and 4000 student living capacities, respectively.
Must Read: Let’s Explore Student Life in New Zealand!
Massey University is famous for its research, innovation, and excellence. It is the only university that offers courses in aviation, dispute resolution, veterinary medicine, and nanoscience along with the option for full-time and online learning.
Massey University is rated high in Agricultural Sciences where it ranks 72 in the world.
The postgraduate program applicants are chosen based on the weighted GPA formula which is also called grade point average.
This was all about the Massey University acceptance rate! If you are looking forward to becoming a part of this renowned university, don’t wait for the right time for the journey to begin. Now is the right time, grasp it! Leverage Edu is here to be with you on this journey by helping you with admission formalities and the application process. Sign up today for free counselling with our experts on 1800 57 2000