The Media and the Entertainment industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors with a wide range of career opportunities in the public and private sectors globally. It constitutes of various fields such as Film, Television, Advertising, Journalism, Print Media and Digital Media, amongst others. There are several prestigious universities and colleges around the globe offering an array of degree and diploma programs in Media and Mass Communication as well as a varied of range of specialised courses in Photography, Journalism, etc. Building a career in the Media and Entertainment is filled with an immense number of advantages as you will get to discover the behind-the-scenes world of celebrities and world leaders. If you have recently completed high school and are looking for programs in Media and Entertainment industry, here is an insightful blog which will walk you through an array of Mass communication courses after 12th as well as the top colleges and universities around the world offering these programs.
Quick Read: How to Choose a Career Path After 12th Result?
This Blog Includes:
- About Mass Communication Courses
- List of Mass Communication Courses after 12th
- Mass Communication Courses After 12th Eligibility
- Skills Required
- Mass Communication Books and Study Material
- How to Select Right Course after 12th
- Top Universities Abroad Offering Mass Communication Courses
- Top Indian Universities offering Mass Communication Courses
- Higher Studies after Mass Communication Courses
- Job Opportunities in Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Courses After 12th Scope
Click Here to Book a Free Career Counselling Session!
About Mass Communication Courses
Mass Communication is the process of dispersing information to a large group of people. It is a means of disseminating information beyond physical and geographical restraints through various media. Further, Mass Communication studies the key aspects of how a message affects or persuades the behaviour, attitude, opinion, or emotion of the person or people receiving the message. When it comes to Mass communication courses after 12th, you can choose from a varied range of programs that aim to impart students with sufficient knowledge and skills to enter the fast-paced industry of media and entertainment. These courses incorporate theoretical and practical concepts encompassing across an array of subjects such as Journalism, Public Relations, Communication, Filmmaking, Cinema, amongst others.
Recommended Read: Types of Mass Media
List of Mass Communication Courses after 12th
The list of Mass Communication courses after 12th is extensively vast as Mass Media is rapidly emerging as an incremental field of study. You can choose from specialised programs to general courses in the field of Mass Communication. To help you list down the different variants available, here is a comprehensive list of bachelor’s degree and diploma programs in Mass Communication offered around the world.
|Education Level||Mass Communication Courses|
|Diploma||Diploma in Arts (Media Studies)
Diploma in Visual Communication Design
Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
Diploma in Radio Production and Management
Diploma in Film Editing
Diploma in TV Serial and Film-Making
Diploma in Graphic Designing
Diploma in Print and Broadcast Journalism
Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
|Bachelor’s level||Bachelor of Mass Communication
BA in Media Communication
Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
Bachelor of Business Administration in Media and Communication
Bachelors in Journalism
Bachelors in Visual Communication
Bachelor of Arts in Convergent Journalism
Bachelor of Multimedia Communication
Bachelor in Electronic Media
Quick Read: Journalism Courses After 12th
Below, we have elaborated on some of these Mass Communication courses after the 12th in further detail.
BA in Journalism and Mass Communication
One of the most sought-after Mass Communication courses after 12th, this is a 3-year full-time degree course which provides students with the knowledge of various mass media and communication methods, their history and how they have evolved. BA Journalism and Mass Communication equips students with a strong foundation in the areas of Feature Writing, Journalism, Filmmaking, Print Media, Electronic Media, Media Management, Event Management, Reporting, etc.
Check Out: Types of Mass Communication
BA in Mass Communication
BA in Mass Communication is a 3-year undergraduate degree program which focuses on the major elements of Mass Media such as newspaper, radio, magazines, cinema, television, and other digital platforms that connects people. Students get to learn various means of communication by which individuals and entities convey information to large segments of the population through mass media.
Must Read: High-paying Jobs After BA
Bachelor in Mass Media and Mass Communication (BMMC)
Bachelor in Mass Media and Mass Communication combines traditional and modern mediums of Mass Communication and students get to learn about research studies, theories, and concepts of the field of Media. As one of the preferred Mass Communication courses after 12th, undergraduate degree relies more on practical-based education in order to provide students with a deeper understanding of the Media and Entertainment industry.
Diploma in Mass Communication
For those looking for short-term Mass Communication courses after 12th, this 1-year diploma program comprises an integrated study of media and nuances of Journalism. The course provides students with different dimensions of the field of Media ranging from Journalism, Radio, Public Relations, and Advertising. It incorporates an intrinsic view of each subject in detail by using different media studies and tools. The course consists of different projects and theories providing students with fundamentals and principles of Print, Broadcast and Digital Media.
Related Read: BMM Course
Mass Communication Courses After 12th Eligibility
- After completing class 12 under the 10+2 educational system, students can enrol in certificate or diploma programmes in mass communication with a minimum of 55 to 60 per cent overall marks.
- However, advanced level Certificates, Postgraduate diplomas, and Masters’s Courses can only be pursued after graduating from high school in any stream. This indicates that there are no stream restrictions on anyone pursuing the aforementioned UG/PG/PGD mass communication courses.
- A good-scoring Masters’s Degree in any field is required for a PhD in mass communication. For the aforementioned course in journalism and mass communication, desired Candidates with an Advanced Level Certificate or an Equivalent Degree/Diploma are also eligible.
- IIMC Entrance Exam
- XIC OET
- IPU CET
- MASCOM Entrance Exam
- ACJ Entrance Exam
|Communication Skill||Research, Analysis Skill||Time Management Skill|
|Interpersonal Skill||Management Skill||Presentation Skill|
|Collaboration Skill||Good IT Skill||Digital Literacy|
Mass Communication Books and Study Material
Here are some of the top Books and Study Materials available for the course:
- Guide for Journalism and Mass Communication
- Encyclopaedic Guide for Mass Media Communication and Journalism
- Mass Communication in India
- Mcquail’s Mass Communication Theory
- Jamia MA Journalism and Mass Communication
How to Select Right Course after 12th
Choosing the correct course in Mass Communication is very important as it will help you create your entire life. First, make sure you know your skills and what you wish to do in the future. If you are sure with mass communication, choose which type of media you want to focus on. That includes:
- Print media
- Digital media
- Electronic media
You can make this decision on the basis of what you like and if you are interested in going mainstream, corporate, or audio.
Top Universities Abroad Offering Mass Communication Courses
There are numerous universities across the globe that are renowned for the exposure and expertise that offer to those wanting to explore the vast domain of mass media. Here is a list of major institutions across the globe that you must consider for Mass Communication courses after 12th.:
- American University in Bulgaria
- Campbellsville University
- Northumbria University
- University of Southern California
- University of Sunderland
- Murdoch University
- University of Leicester
- University of Hertfordshire
- Bedfordshire University
- Liverpool John Moores University
Top Indian Universities offering Mass Communication Courses
Here are some of the top Indian Universities in different cities that offer Journalism courses:
Mass Communication Courses after 12 Universities in Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication
- FLAME University
- National Film Archive of India
- SNDT Women’s University
Mass Communication Courses after 12 Universities in Delhi
- Delhi School of Communication
- Pearl Academy
- Lady Shri Ram College of Commerce
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Kamala Nehru College
Mass Communication Courses after 12 Universities in Kolkata
- Adamas University
- Ecole Intuit Lab
- Jadavpur University
- Calcutta University
- Rabindra Bharati University
Check out the complete list at Top Mass Communication Colleges!
Higher Studies after Mass Communication Courses
Here are some of the top Masters courses you do in the Mass Communication courses:
- MA in Journalism
- MS in Data Journalism
- MS in Journalism – Documentary
- MA in Journalism – Arts and Culture
- MA in Journalism – Business and Economics
- MS in Journalism – Politics, Policy and Foreign Affairs
- Master of Journalism
- MPhil/PhD in Journalism
- MPhil/PhD in Media, Culture and Journalism
- PhD in Journalism and Communication Studies
Job Opportunities in Mass Communication
There are various career opportunities students can explore after pursuing Mass Communication courses after 12th. Here is a list of numerous job profiles that you can apply for after completing your degree in Media:
- TV Reporter
- News Reporter
- Radio Jockey
- Event Manager
- Film Producer
- Film Director
- Production Assistant
- Video Artist
Must Read: Masters in Journalism
Mass Communication Courses After 12th Scope
- After completing their education, those who are eager to pursue a career in journalism or public communication can enrol in one of the several certificate programmes offered in the area.
- After pursuing the same, one might seek employment as a radio host, fashion photographer, critic, and columnist.
- One can pursue careers as a radio jockey, fashion photographer, critic, and columnist after pursuing the same.
- In addition, there are several UG, PG, and Diploma programmes accessible to help one rethink and improve their pertinent information and abilities. It also serves to provide some strong employment prospects in the fields of journalism, public relations, news broadcasting, media consulting, web editing, film directing, and journalism.
- A diploma in commerce can help you launch a career in journalism, media communication, media laws, event, hotel, and hospitality management, fashion design, and more. Since these are short-term programmes, admission is simple and doesn’t require taking any entrance examinations.
- As you follow a specialised higher education in pertinent subject matter, PhD in Mass Communication and Media Studies courses are taken to enhance your pay scale, to discover better career chances, or to get expertise in the aforementioned sector.
Hence, there is a plethora of Mass Communication courses after 12th for those aspiring to build a lucrative career in Media and Entertainment. If you are searching for a suitable course and university in Mass Communication and don’t know where to start, our Leverage Edu mentors are just a call away to help you select an ideal course and university with the help of our innovative AI Course Finder, that can give you the right knowledge and exposure into the dynamic field of Mass Media.
Glad that you enjoyed reading our article.