The framework of media governance is important for comprehending the dynamics of the media ecosystem, which encompasses more than just media regulations and policies and instead provides a holistic picture of media systems. Governance provides a framework for identifying a network of actors, the blurred line between the private and public sectors, and the interaction between various socio-political variables. Let’s take a look at the MA in Media Governance, as well as the requirements, top universities, and more.
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Fees||INR 14,000 – India|
|Average Salary||INR 3-7 LPA|
This Blog Includes:
About MA Media Governance
This 1 to 2 year-long curriculum focuses on the governance and regulation of media and communication, covering the internet and digital platforms, press freedom, telecommunications, broadcasting, and convergence media. The subject of this show has never been more vital, especially in light of recent disputes concerning the government’s influence on the internet and the power of media conglomerates.
The program addresses policy, legal, and economic elements of media and communication services and provides a thorough grasp of the institutions and regulations that define the evolution of media and communication systems. It enables up-to-date engagement with the most recent advancements in media and communications studies, particularly as they relate to communications governance at the regional, national, and worldwide levels. It places a heavy emphasis on the international comparison, with courses in the departments of media and communications, government, and law available.
Why Study MA in Media Governance
- This course prepares students to travel to a variety of locations, see the world from the perspective of a journalist or other profession, and cover a variety of events and stories. It also allows student to utilize their creative abilities to their best potential. There is no specific manner of working on this turf, which allows students to experiment and develop their own working style.
- Once you’ve decided on your main area of interest in this course, you can apply for internships at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, production houses, and public relations businesses to kick-start your career. Having a diverse set of talents and a broad knowledge base will help you go far in this industry.
- Journalism and communication were both included in the top 50 most lucrative majors list. Gone are the days when communication graduates had to work in newspaper bullpens with ink-stained fingertips for pitiful salaries. Today, communication graduates have more options than ever before, and they are more diverse and well-paying than ever before.
- A journalist can impact a large audience with his opinions and innovative writing style, as the proverb says, “The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.” They have the ability to lead millions of people at once and function as the people’s voice.
- Emergence of the Nation-State
- Media & Secularization
- Media & The Public Sphere
- Media Pluralism
- Diversity of content
- Diversity of media ownership
- Characterizing Ideology
- Consensus as ideology &
- Consent as Hegemony
- Analyzing Power
- State & Information
- Propaganda & Publicity information as Public Good
- Media Imperialism
- Sovereignty & Public diplomacy
- Information imbalance
- State & Governmentality
- Mediated Politics
- Cyber Democracy
- Introduction to Media Economics
- Enterprise & Industry in Media
- Dynamics of the Media market
- Market Structure and Industry
- Materiality of Media
- Communication as production and exchange of ideas
Top Universities for Media Governance Abroad
|INSTITUTE||FEE RANGE (INR)|
|University of Windsor||11,13,500 – 16,48,200|
|Singapore Institute of Management||4,84,300 – 20,39,900|
|Northwestern University||33,83,700 – 75,70,900|
|Vancouver Institute Media Arts||12,36,300 – 19,42,700|
|University of Leeds||17,56,000 – 35,12,000|
|Lasalle College of Arts||9,47,600 – 12,52,900|
|Coventry University||8,62,600 – 17,19,100|
|University of Hertfordshire||12,10,500 – 17,13,500|
Top Colleges in India
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- The applicant must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in any discipline during their graduation, some colleges prefer arts subjects.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university can be obtained by the candidates
- IELTS/TOEFL scores
- Students must fulfill university-specific entry requirements to be regarded as eligible for admission to institutes that have one.
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked. Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favorite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
|JOB PROFILES||AVERAGE SALARY (INR)|
|Public Relations Professional||6,00,000|
|Journalist||4,78,000 – 7,00,000|
|Columnist||6,00,000 – 8,50,000|
|Legal Affairs Professional||7,50,000|
A policy-oriented understanding of the media ecosystem is the goal of this course.
The media informs the public through reporting and commenting on parliamentary proceedings, government operations, and the opinions and policies of the opposition. Access to information is required for all of these operations.
The impact of the media on many elements of human life, including voting, individual perspectives and beliefs, and skewing a person’s understanding of a topic owing to misleading information, can all be attributed to the influence of the media.
Hope after reading this blog you understand about MA Media Governance. Planning to study abroad to study MA in Media Governance? Our Leverage Ed experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.