Are you all set to make a career in Law? Wondering how to become a Lawyer in UK? Want to pursue LLB from the royal land? Then you must know about the Law National Aptitude Test (LNAT) which is taken by students to seek admission to specific Law colleges in the UK. It is done to determine whether the candidate is learned enough to be taken law as a participant of the undergraduate course. Mind you, it is not an intelligence test nor it will test your legal knowledge but tests your reading comprehension & reasoning abilities, the two skills predominant in this profession. Pearson VUE is the conducting body of LNAT.
This Blog Includes:
LNAT Exam 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates that the candidate should consider for the LNAT Exam 2021:
|LNAT Exam registration||August 2021|
|Test Day||September 2021|
|Application deadline||Mid of September 2021|
LNAT Exam 2021 Dates for Oxford University
|Registering and booking the slot for LNAT Exam 2021||October 2021|
|Submitting the UCAS application form||October 2021|
|Exam date||October 2021|
LNAT Exam 2021 Dates for all other LNAT universities
|Registering and booking the slot for LNAT Exam 2021||January 2022|
|Submitting the UCAS application form||January 2022|
|Exam date||January 2022|
Late applications are normally allowed only from the international applicants.
|Registering and booking the slot for LNAT Exam 2021||July 2022|
|Submitting the UCAS application form||July 2022|
|Exam date||July 2022|
You don’t need to buy every law book to be up to date with all the new rules and regulations. Universities will not require you to know anything about the law; however, they will expect you to have the necessary expertise to understand law in the first place.
The test will measure a candidate’s
- Analytical Techniques
- Reasoning Skills
- Verbal skills
- Reading Abilities
The questions tend to fall into seven categories, which are:
|Sections||Time||Number of Questions|
|LNAT Section 1||1 Hour and 35 Minutes||42 MCQs|
|LNAT Section 2||40 Minutes||3 Essay Questions|
Section A: The first part is a multiple-choice computer-based test. You’ll be asked to read passages of text and answer comprehension questions about them. The machine tests the responses on the multiple choice portion of the exam and gives you a score out of 42. Your LNAT score is the product of this calculation.
Section B: You will be asked to compose one essay from a list of three possible topics in the second section of the exam. This segment is not graded by the test centre and does not count against your LNAT ranking, but it is your chance to demonstrate your ability to build a convincing case and come to a conclusion.
Other Important Points for LNAT
- The total duration of the LNAT will be 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- The test will be in an online format, the candidates will have to visit the centre and finish the exam there
- For the first section, candidates will be given 1 hour and 35 minutes to complete 42 MCQs.
- The questions will relate to 12 passages of test with 3-4 multiple choice questions to answer on every passage.
- For the second section, candidates will get 40 minutes to complete one of the three essay questions. The candidates have to type and submit the essay then and there, on the computer. Once you get to the second section, you can’t go back to alter the answers of the first section.
Sounds pretty basic and easy and it is also clearly said that it is not an intelligence test, just a suitability test. That’s why there are no specific eligibility requirements, just passing the high school is enough. The eligibility requirements are set by the universities.
LNAT Exam 2021 Cost
If you take the LNAT in a UK/EU research centre, it costs £50, and if you take it outside the EU, it costs £70. If you cannot afford these payments, you can apply for an LNAT bursary to help you pay for them. However, you must register before booking your LNAT, as processing will take up to a week.
If you meet any of the following qualifications, you might be qualifying for a bursary:
- You’re receiving either 16-19 Bursary in England, the top rate of Educational Maintenance Allowance in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland or an Adult Learning Grant.
- If you live with a family member who’s receiving Income Support, income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance, or Employment and Support Allowance.
- If you live with a family member who earns child tax credits and who has a taxable salary of less than £30,000.
- If you receive Pupil Premium payments or free school meal
Universities Accepting LNAT Exam
Currently, there are only a few universities that ask for an LNAT score but they are well-reputed in their arena. Leverage Edu has curated an exclusive list of the same for you:
- King’s College London
- Durham University
- University of Bristol
- University College London
- University of Oxford
- University of Glasgow
- University of Nottingham
- London School of Economics and Political Science
What after the LNAT Exam?
- Your preferred university will be able to use your exam within 24 hours after you’ve done it. They will finally be able to see the score before you do. Based on their admissions policy, they will then use it however they choose.
- Any colleges will use it as the basis for an interview with you, and others will compare it to a personal statement or search for a specific ranking.
- Your findings will be available either in mid-February (if you took it before January 20th) or early August (if you take it after 20th January)
A- You can download sample papers from the LNAT website and take a practice test too to check your knowledge. The official website has every detail covered, anything you are lacking will be completed through the website.
A- The current cost of the test is around €50 for UK/EU centres and €70 for outside EU centres.
A- Register on the website and then input your UCAS ID number. Or register for the ID if you don’t have one already. Then choose your test date and venue. There are around 150 centres in the UK and 500 centres globally. Choose from them. If you want to cancel the exam then do that at least 2 days before the exam date, otherwise you won’t get any refund. Check out the website to also check for concessions on the test fee.
Well, you got to know about the LNAT test but you need more than that to officially study abroad. You need SOPs, LORs, a good GRE score and tips for VISA Applications. You know what? We cover everything on the list and more. We can prepare you to not just ace the exam but to also get a designated seat in your dream university just for you. Why waiting? Register yourself at Leverage Edu and give a kick-start to your career.