Leeds Beckett University was founded in 1824 and was previously known as Leeds Polytechnic and Leeds Metropolitan University (LMU). Leeds University is a public university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom. The university was granted the authority to offer its own degrees in 1992. In 2009, LBU partnered with the University of North Florida to launch a student and faculty exchange programme. The university’s present name was adopted in September 2014. Many of the university’s courses have been approved by prestigious professional organisations, guaranteeing that students receive the most up-to-date industry information and training. Let’s explore the acceptance rate at Leeds Beckett University, the admission deadline, and much more!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Leeds Beckett University?
- Leeds Beckett University Acceptance Rate
- Leeds Beckett University Rankings
- Leeds Beckett University Intakes and Deadline
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying at Leeds Beckett University
- UK VISA Requirements
- Leeds Beckett University Notable Alumni
Why Choose Leeds Beckett University?
Leeds Beckett University (LBU) has the potential to transform the future of higher education in the UK and throughout the world. Here are a few reasons to choose this university to study in UK:
- Five Star Employability: Degree courses at Leeds Beckett University are taught by industry-experienced professors who guarantee that you graduate with the skills, knowledge, professional certification, and experience needed for your future job. The Employability Team also provides a variety of career-related services.
- In the QS Stars University Ratings 2022, Leeds Beckett University received five out of five stars for employability
- Six months following graduation, 94 % of Leeds Beckett University alumni are employed or enrolled in further education
- Placements with the prestigious UK and worldwide businesses
- International Students are Warmly Welcomed: Leeds is a cosmopolitan city with 60,000 students reflecting the university’s diversified community: students come from 144 countries and territories across the world to study in one of the UK’s most famous student towns.
- Employability, Teaching, and Inclusiveness are rated five out of five stars at Leeds Beckett University (QS Stars University Ratings 2022)
- The institution was founded in 1824 and has a long history
- Leeds Beckett University is spending £200 million on new facilities
- Student life: At Leeds Beckett University, you’ll find anything you’re searching for in a university experience. At the City and Headingley campuses, you’ll join a vibrant student community and experience-rich student life. You’ll never run out of interesting things to do in Leeds, with fantastic cuisine, shopping, and entertainment right on your doorstep
- University of the Future: The University’s two campuses are equipped with cutting-edge technology and contemporary, industry-standard facilities, allowing you to fully pursue your personal and professional interests
Leeds Beckett University Acceptance Rate
As the Leeds Beckett University is one of the budget-friendly in the UK, admissions are not competitive. The LBU has an 80.05% admission rate. The total number of applications received by LBU was 26,670 in 2021 and out of those 21,336 received an offer. And currently, more than 24,000 students are registered at university.
Leeds Beckett University Rankings
In the QS World University Rankings 2022, the university is placed #1001-1200, while in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022, it is ranked #801-1000. In the Complete University Guide and the Guardian University League Table, Leeds Beckett University is placed #110 and #109, respectively. Therefore, just by rankings, you can figure out an average Leeds Beckett University acceptance rate.
Leeds Beckett University Intakes and Deadline
|UG / PG Courses||Intake||Deadline|
|PG Courses||FALL (September)||June|
|PG Courses||Winter (January)||Variable|
|PG Courses||Summer (April)||Variable|
|UG Courses||Fall (September)||Jan (via UCAS)|
Although the eligibility or admission criteria for studying at Leeds Beckett University vary depending on the course or programme chosen by the student, due to high Leeds Beckett University acceptance rate, the following are the entry-level requirements for studying at LBU:
UG Admissions Eligibility
- Students having Central Board or Metro State Board qualifications are considered.
- A minimum of 60% in total is required
- IELTS – 6.0, with no module lower than 5.5
PG Admissions Eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree holder
- IELTS – 6.0, with no module lower than 5.5
*IELTS waiver is applicable if “English Grade 70% in the ‘All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE)’ or ‘Indian School Certificate (Class-XII) (CISCE)’
To Ace Your IELTS Join Leverage Live
In order to apply after knowing the Leeds Beckett University acceptance rate, you will need the following documents to complete the application process:
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- 2-3 LORs, as per course requirement
- Letter of intent (SOP)
- A curriculum vitae
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Financial Documents
- Personal portfolio (if asked by the university)
Cost of Studying at Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University charges the following tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate students:
|Level of Study||Average Annual Tuition Fees in INR|
|UG Courses||INR 12 – 15 L / Year|
|PG Courses||INR 12 – 16 L / Year (if applicable)|
UK VISA Requirements
Students must apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa (study permit) in order to study in the UK. To apply, you’ll need the following documents:
- a valid passport or another kind of travel authorization
- a letter from your course provider confirming your acceptance to study (CAS).
- proof that you have adequate money to sustain yourself and pay for your education – this will depend on your situation.
- the results of your TB test
- If you’re under the age of 18, evidence of your relationship to your parent or guardian is required.
- If you’re under the age of 18, you’ll need documentation of parental or other legal guardian consent.
- If your course and nationality demand it, you’ll need a valid ATAS certificate.
Leeds Beckett University Notable Alumni
|Alexander Skarsgård||Sweden||Actor, Film Director, Screenwriter|
|Marc Almond||United Kingdom||Singer, Song Writer, Record Producer|
|Sam Quek||United Kingdom||Hockey Player|
|Graham Potter||United Kingdom||Football Player, Football Manager|
|Hassan Diab||Lebanon||Engineer, Civil Servant|
|Stereo Mike||Greece||Musician, Singer|
|Alistair Brownlee||United Kingdom||Triathlete|
|Lucy Bronze||United Kingdom||Football Player|
Yes, As Times Higher Education has Leeds Beckett University placed 801 in the World University Rankings.
Standard 10+2 at 45-47 % , Standard 10+1 at 55 %, or Standard 10+ at 65 %. In four relevant topics, SMU 2 at grade 6.5 or SMU 3 at grade 6.0 is required. Three-year high school diploma with a GPA of 11/20 in four relevant areas.
Despite the exciting competition, both universities should be recognised for their accomplishments, since they each excel in distinct areas. Leeds Beckett has an exceptional sporting department, which is rated fifth in the country, and Leeds is a well-regarded university that is placed between 16th and 27th nationwide.
Leeds Metropolitan University is a public university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Campuses are located in both the city centre and Headingley.
Are you planning to study in the UK but not sure where to start? Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process and kickstart your study abroad journey today.