Kingston University London is a public research university in South West London, England, that is located inside the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. Its origins may be traced back to the Kingston Technical Institute, which was established in 1899. The college was previously known as Kingston Polytechnic and attained university status in 1992. Kingston University has 16,820 students and a £192 million revenue. The university has four campuses in Kingston and Roehampton. Kingston School of Art, Faculty of Business and Social Sciences (which includes Kingston Business School and the School of Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences), Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education, and Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Computing are the four faculties that make up the university. The Kingston Business School is a CNAA-accredited MBA program. The Guardian University Award for Teaching Excellence was given to the university in 2017. The European University Association, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, and the University Alliance group all have Kingston as a member.
Join Leverage Live to score High in English Language Tests such as IELTS, TOEFL & PTE
This Blog Includes:
Top 5 Notable Alumni of Kingston University
Eric Patrick Clapton is an English guitarist, singer, and songwriter who specializes in rock and blues. He is the only three-time Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, having been inducted once as a solo artist and twice as a member of the Yardbirds and Cream. Clapton is widely regarded as one of the most influential and famous guitarists of all time. Clapton was named second on Rolling Stone’s “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time” list and fourth on Gibson’s “Top 50 Guitarists of All Time” list. In 2009, he was ranked fifth on Time magazine’s list of “The 10 Best Electric Guitar Players.”
Ben Barnes is an actor and singer from the United Kingdom. His most well-known roles include Prince Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia film series, Logan Delos in Westworld, Billy Russo in The Punisher, and General Kirigan in the Netflix series Shadow and Bone.
Richard David James is a British musician, composer, and DJ better known by his stage name Aphex Twin. In the 1990s, he was best known for his distinctive work in electronic styles including techno and ambient music, and he was also connected with the electronic sub genre known as intelligent dance music (IDM), which he has criticised. James was dubbed “the most original and important figure in contemporary electronic music” by Guardian columnist Paul Lester in 2001.
Former British Army major Charles William Ingram rose to fame after appearing on the television game programme Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Ingram accurately answered fifteen questions in September 2001 episodes to win the show’s top prize of £1 million, but his rewards were withheld owing to suspicion of cheating. Ingram was found guilty on a single count of procuring the execution of a valuable security by fraud after a lengthy trial at Southwark Crown Court. In 2003, he was convicted of an unrelated crime involving insurance fraud, and the Army Board ordered him to surrender his commission as a major.
Trevor John Eve is an English actor who has appeared in films and on television. He rose to prominence in 1979 as the eponymous lead in the detective series Shoestring, and he also played Detective Superintendent Peter Boyd in the BBC television drama Waking the Dead. He has three children, one of which is actress Alice Eve.
Notable Alumni of Kingston University
Well, the Kingston University Notable Alumni is scattered across so many different fields all over the world. Each of them has made a significant contribution and is trying to influence the world in a better way. Let’s know more about the Kingston University notable alumni!
Film and Entertainment
- Ben Barnes is an English actor and a singer. He studied English literature and drama at Kingston University.
- Angie Bowie is an American model, actress and a journalist.
- Jessie Cave is an English actress, cartoonist and a comedian. She’s well known for her role as Lavender Brown in the Harry Potter film series.
- Sam Chan is a Hong Kong actor, director and producer.
- Sarah-Jane Crawford is an English TV presenter, radio presenter, actress,voice-over artist, former model and DJ best known for her radio work.
- Adolf El Assal is Film Director, Film Director and Screenwriter. He received a bachelor’s degree in Media and Cultural Studies at Kingston University in the UK( United Kingdom).
- Alphonsia Emmanuel is a British actress. She completed her Bachelor’s degree in English and Drama at Kingston University from the year 1977 to 1980.
- Trevor Eve is a famous English film and television actor. He studied architecture at Kingston Polytechnic in London.
- Laura Harling began as a child actor on stage, in films and on television. She has played roles with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Mandy Takhar studied Drama at Kingston University. She is a British actress of Indian origin and works in Indian Cinema.
- Trevor Cooper is an English Actor. He’s known for portraying, in his words, ‘bald fat blokes’.
- June Kirby is an American actress and a model as well as designer.
- Chris McCausland (Christopher John McCausland) is a British stand-up comedian and actor. He graduated with BSc honours in Software Engineering from Kingston University.
- Harriet Kemsley is an English standup comedian. She grew up in Canterbury, Kent and studied English literature at Kingston University.
- Noor Al Suwaidi is an Emirati artist and curator. She graduated with an MA in Curating Contemporary Design from Kingston University.
- Eileen Aldridge was a British artist and art restorer. She also wrote & illustrated books for children.
- Fiona Banner is a British artist who’s also known as The Vanity Press.
- Zelma Blakely was a British painter, printmaker and engraver. She illustrated a lot of books.
- John Bratby was an English painter. He founded the kitchen sink realism- an influential style of art. He studied art at Kingston College of Art.
- Richard Bryant is a British architectural photographer, United Kingdom. He studied Architecture and graduated in 1975 from Kingston University.
- Pery Burge was an artist who worked with abstract images using ink in water or ink on paper.
- Victoria Crowe is a Scottish artist and is very well known for her portrait and landscape paintings.
- Adelaide Damoah is a performance artist and a painter. She studied applied biology at Kingston University.
- Lilian Dring was a British artist. She was known for her paintings, textile designs, poster designs, embroidery and needle work.
- Anya Gallaccio is an artist. She creates site-specific & minimalist installations and also works with organic matter.
- Karen Hall is an American illustrator, television writer, producer, author, bookstore owner.
- Jim Holdaway was an illustrator and contributed art for numerous comic strips.
- James Irvine was a product designer.
- Jasper Morrison is a product and furniture designer.
- David Nash is a British sculptor and has worked with wood trees and natural environments across the world.
- Laura Noble is an art writer and photography gallerist.
- Yoshiko Shimada (嶋田 美子), Japanese video artist and performance artist, also referred to as Japan’s premier feminist & antiwar artist.
- Fletcher Sibthorp is a British artist, based in London who studied Illustration at Kingston University.
- Gail Brodholt is well known for her oil paintings and linocut prints.
- David Chipperfield is an architect who established David Chipperfield Architects in the year 1985.
- Tom Wright is a British architect best known as the designer of the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Glenda Bailey is a former editor-in-chief of Marie-Claire and Harper’s Bazaar. She earned a degree in fashion design from Kingston University.
- Felipe Oliveira Baptista is a Portuguese fashion designer. He earned a degree in fashion design from Kingston University.
- Caryn Franklin is a fashion journalist, broadcaster, director, producer and writer.
- Richard Nott was a fashion label.
- John Richmond is an English fashion designer.
- Richard Archer is a lead singer of Hard-Fi. Also, he’s a songwriter and guitarist.
- Eric Clapton is a rock and blues guitarist, songwriter and singer.
- Eason Chan is a Hong Kong singer and actor.
- Sandy Denny was a lead singer of the British folk rock band.
- Aleksandra Gintrowska is a Polish singer and actress. She earned a degree in drama and opera singing from Kingston University.
- Just Jack is an English musician.
- Keith Relf was the lead singer of The Yardbirds. She was a vocalist and harmonica player.
- John Renbourn was a songwriter and guitarist.
- Robin Rimbaud is an electronic musician under the name Scanner.
- Kirsty Hayes is a diplomat and civil servant and was British Ambassador to Portugal.
- Adel Al Toraifi is a Saudi Journalist and was the Minister of Information and Culture of Saudi Arabia.
- Hadia Tajik is a Pakistani-Norwegian jurist, journalist and politician.
- Lee Freeman is the Chief constable of Humberside Police. He earned a degree in BSc (Hons) in Sociology from Kingston University.
- Guy de Faye is a former news presenter and former Deputy of the States of Jersey. He gained a BA (Hons) degree in law from Kingston University.
- Riad Yassin was the former Foreign Minister of Yemen.
- John Le Fondré is a Chief Minister, States of Jersey
- Qubad Talabani is an Iraqi Kurdish politician.
- Nigel Dakin is the Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands. He received the Master’s degree in Business Administration from Kingston University.
- Imran Mahmood is a British barrister and a novelist.
- Leslie Thomas QC is a barrister.
- Lavinia Greenlaw is an English poet, non- fiction writer and a novelist. She went on to read modern arts at Kingston.
- Stewart Home is an avant-garde writer, artist, art historian, filmmaker and agent provocateur.
- Gregory Venables is a Bishop of Argentina.
- Lawrence Dallaglio is a retired rugby union player and former captain of the English national team.
- Graeme Le Saux is a former professional footballer.
- Ed McKeever is a Kayak athlete. Also, a World Champion and Olympic Gold Medallist.
- Gail Emms is a retired badminton player, Commonwealth Gold and Olympic Silver medallist. She graduated in BSc Hons in Sports Science from Kingston University.
- Asha Philip is an English sprinter and a former junior gymnast. She won an Olympic bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Games and silver at the 2017 World Championships in Athletics.
- Charlie Amesbury is a former rugby player.
- Ed Parsons is a London based Geospatial technologist and also, a tech evangelist at Google. He graduated from Kingston University with a degree in B.Sc Hons in Geography.
- Tony Ball is a marketer, former Chief Executive of BSkyB.
- Ruby McGregor-Smith is a business executive and politician. She was the former CEO of MITIE Group PLC.
- Marlene Taschen co-manages Taschen Publishing. She earned a bachelor’s degree in business and psychology from Kingston University, London.
- John Tiner is a financial adviser and a businessman.
- Francis Yeoh is a businessman. He is also an Executive Chairman of YTL Corporation.
- Ratheesan Yoganathan is a businessman and Chairman of Lebara Group. He read aeronautical engineering at Kingston.
- Michael Pennington is an English director and writer. Also, he’s the Co-Founder, GumTree.com
There are many notable alumni of Kingston University who have made a name for themselves on a global scale. So, if you’re thinking about studying at Kingston University or any other university abroad then contact our Leverage Edu experts today and get your career started!