Established by one of the best universities in the world- Concordia University, John Molson School is a business school located in the Quebec province of Canada. John Molson School offers top-class MBA Programs to students to elevate their global careers. It welcomes international students from around 150 countries, making it a diverse educational institute. If you are also thinking about pursuing an MBA in Canada, then Concordia University- John Molson School of Business can be the perfect place for you!
|Name||John Molson School of Business|
|Parent Institution||Concordia University|
|Type||Public Business School|
|Location||Montréal, QC, Canada|
|English Proficiency Test||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE|
|Intake||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|Application Fee||CAD 100 (INR 5,844.91)|
Must Read: Intakes in Canada
This Blog Includes:
- About John Molson School of Business,
- John Molson School of Business Rankings for 2022
- John Molson School of Business Campus
- Courses Offered at John Molson School of Business
- John Molson School of Business MBA Program
- John Molson School of Business MBA Program Eligibility
- John Molson School of Business Admission Requirements
- English Language Requirements for Admission at John Molson School of Business
- How to Apply for John Molson School of Business?
- Document Checklist for John Molson School of Business
- Documents Required for Canadian Visa
- John Molson School of Business Cost of Attendance
- Scholarships by John Molson School of Business
- Cost of Studying at John Molson School of Business
- John Molson School of Business Placements
- Cost of Living in Canada
About John Molson School of Business,
The John Molson School of Business at Concordia University is one of Canada’s best, providing undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs with a hands-on, case-based teaching technique. Concordia was the top-ranked Canadian institution in the 2020 QS Top 50 under 50 university rating, which was consistently listed in the top 10 Canadian MBAs by the Economist and Bloomberg. The LEED silver-certified Molson Building houses the state-of-the-art facilities in Montreal’s downtown, while the Toronto site is in the center of the financial sector. In 2019, John Molson’s MBA program celebrated its 50th anniversary, and the school now has a global alumni network of 51,000 people. Our diverse students are prepared for success in a competitive job market thanks to their experiential and case-based programs, as well as a variety of professional development workshops provided by our Career Management Services team, as evidenced by our 97 percent placement rate within three months of graduation.
John Molson School of Business Rankings for 2022
The table below mentions the national and international rankings achieved by the Concordia University- John Molson School of Business’s MBA Program:
|QS Global Executive MBA Rankings 2021||#21|
|QS Global MBA & Business Masters Rankings 2022||#8|
|The Economist- Which MBA? 2021 Edition||#68|
|Bloomberg Businessweek’s Best B-Schools survey for 2021-22||#5|
Concordia’s John Molson EMBA program has been ranked #2 in Canada.
John Molson School of Business Campus
- The campus of the John Molson School of Business is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, which is the epicenter of intercultural activity.
- The campus is 15 floors tall and covers 37,000 square meters.
- Wireless internet access is available across the campus.
- A John Dobson Formula Growth Investment room with 10 Bloomberg Terminals, 26 normal PCs, 17 databases, and eight unique software packages are utilized as a tool.
- Aside from that, the school has computer laboratories, laser printers, study rooms, free periodicals, and other services.
Courses Offered at John Molson School of Business
Concordia University- John Molson School of Business provides students with quality education. John Molson School of Business offers more than 15 courses for UG, PG, Certificates and Research programs. Mentioned below are the courses offered by the Concordia University- John Molson School of Business:
- Administration (BAdmin)
- Business Technology Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Supply Chain Operations Management
- CPA – Chartered Professional Accountancy
- GDBA – Diploma in Business Administration
- GCBA – Certificate in Business Administration
- GCQBS – Certificate in Quantitative Business Studies
- Business Studies
- Foundations for Business
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Marketing
- MSCM – Master of Supply Chain Management
- PhD in Business Administration
John Molson School of Business MBA Program
Canada is one of the most preferred destinations of Indian students to pursue an MBA course. There is no shortage of good MBA colleges in Canada and Concordia University School of Business can be counted among one of them. It offers one of the top-ranked MBA courses in Canada and the world. The table below provides the details of the MBA program along with the duration and tuition fees:
|MBA Full-Time||16-24 months||CAD 47,900(INR 28 Lakh)|
|MBA Part-Time||3 to 4 years||N/A|
John Molson School of Business MBA Program Eligibility
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.3.
- The student must obtain a minimum GMAT score of 580.
- Two-years minimum full-time relevant work experience is required. Internships are not considered.
John Molson School of Business Admission Requirements
To apply for any of the above-mentioned programs, students must be able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students must have an above-average grade overall and in pre-university mathematics courses.
- For most of the programs, final grade 11 and mid-term grade 12 results are used to calculate admissions averages.
- Students must have an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.3.
- Students must have maintained the equivalent of at least a 3.0/4.3 average for their final two years of studies.
- The obtained degree must come from an Accredited University.
- JMSB also accepts GMAT and GRE test results completed within the previous five years. The GMAT score must be 580 or above.
John Molson School of Business offers a PhD Degree in Business Administration. To pursue a PhD degree from Concordia University School of Business students must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Students must have completed a master’s degree in any discipline, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 out of 4.3 from an accredited university.
- The average GMAT score for students wanting to pursue PhD is 700.
Must Read: List of PhD Programs and Admission Process
English Language Requirements for Admission at John Molson School of Business
To study at the John Molson School , students are required to prove their English Proficiency through English Language Tests. The table below mentions the English Language Tests and Scores required to meet the eligibility requirements:
|IELTS||Overall score of 7.0 with no sub-skills below 6.5|
|TOEFL iBT||95 or higher and no part under 20 in each of the four components|
|PTE||61 or higher and no part under 53|
How to Apply for John Molson School of Business?
If you have made up your mind to study MBA at Concordia University School of Business then feel free to call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process works. ! Here’s an easy 5-step process to start with your application process:
- Call our Leverage Edu counsellors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your MBA Course with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents mentioned below.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, Canadian students visas, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more.
Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000 to streamline and ease the entire application process for Concordia University- John Molson School of Business.
Document Checklist for John Molson School of Business
- High School Certificate/Marksheets
- Graduation Certificate/Bachelor’s Degree
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Professional Letter of Recommendation
- A Letter of Acceptance
- Language Test Scores: IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE
- Proof of Financial Evidence
- Educational Credential Assessment
- Updated CV/Resume with at least 3 years of work experience
Must Read: Most Powerful Passports in the World
Documents Required for Canadian Visa
- A Letter of Acceptance
- Transcripts of recent secondary or post-secondary qualifications
- School Leaving Certificate
- Language Test Scores
- Proof of payment of first-year tuition fees
- A medical exam before applying (if required)
- Police Certificate before applying (if required)
- Scholarship/Funding Details [If Applicable]
- IT Records of parents
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD $10,000
- Either a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or a Visitor Visa
Must Read: Canada Student Permit
John Molson School of Business Cost of Attendance
For your convenience, an estimate of the cost of living in Canada for John Molson School students is provided below.
|Expense Type||Cost (CAD)|
|MBA (Full time and part-time)|
|Tuition fees||47,900 (INR 28,000)|
|Living expenses||16,000- 23,000|
Scholarships by John Molson School of Business
- Applicants to the John Molson School of are eligible for Concordia University’s foreign student scholarships in Canada.
- No application is necessary for JMSB prizes, which are given out automatically by the committee based on top evaluation GPA.
- Scholarships, bursaries, and prizes are the three types of financial help available.
- Need-based and merit-based awards are also possible.
- Scholarships and bursaries range in value from 500 to 7000 Canadian dollars. A student’s financial help ranges from 1200 to 2400 CAD on average.
- Scholarships, both admission, and in-course are exclusively awarded to students who have excelled academically.
- Financial need is met through the entrance and in-course bursaries.
- Work-study permits students to work 20 hours per week at Concordia in administrative, technical, and research jobs.
Cost of Studying at John Molson School of Business
The cost of studying at the Concordia University School of Business varies for different programs, however, we have mentioned the average cost of tuition fee for UG and MBA programs:
|Program||Tuition Fees per year|
|UG Courses||CAD 20,570 – CAD 26,810 (INR 12 Lakh – INR 15 Lakh)|
|MBA Full-Time||CAD 47,900 (INR 28,000)|
Must Read: Low-Cost MBA Programs to study in Canada
John Molson School of Business Placements
Every year, Career Management Services performs a comprehensive survey of graduate student employment data. The average yearly wage for students seeking a degree is 85,259 CAD. The placement rate for MBA students is 87 percent. Graduates are employed in Technology (22%), Financial Services (14%), Manufacturing, Consulting, and Pharmaceuticals (12%), according to industry statistics.6 months after graduation, 85 percent of undergraduate students had worked. Undergraduates’ preferred industries are still financial services, manufacturing, and consulting. Every year, the JMSB Career Fair is held on a wide scale to lure companies to school.
Cost of Living in Canada
Living as an international student it is very important to manage your expenses. Check out Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator for a detailed breakdown to manage the expenses as an international student in Quebec, Canada. The average cost of living in Quebec, Canada including accommodation, food, books etc are mentioned below in the table:
|Cost of Living||Average Amount per year|
|Including Accommodation, Food, Bills, Entertainment etc.||CAD 12,000 to CAD 23,000 (INR 7 Lakh – INR 12 Lakh)|
Yes, JMSB offers students a part-time MBA Course as well.
No. It is clearly mentioned by the University that students with an IELTS Score below 7.0 will not be considered eligible for admission.
No. Students applying for a full-time MBA program must have relevant work experience. No internships will be considered.
Are you planning to study at Concordia University- John Molson School of Business? Then call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 and get started on your application process for the upcoming intakes!