One of the popular scholarships awarded to the students of Engineering is the John Kinghorn Scholarship. The students are required to commence a master’s level program at the School of Engineering, University of Sussex. One of the main benefits includes 13,215 USD (INR 10,06,684) that is awarded to only a few shortlisted students. These students are selected only by the University of Sussex. Another greatest reason for the popularity is the reservation of one seat for women applicants to encourage women’s participation in STEM subjects. John Kinghorn Scholarship is available for both international as well as domestic students, however, students from specific countries are eligible for this scholarship. These specific countries include South-Asian countries, the USA, etc.
|Organization||University of Sussex|
|Application Deadline||May 01, 2022|
|No. of Scholarships||3|
|Amount||$13,215 (INR 10,06,684)|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
If you want to pursue the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering and want to know more about the benefits of the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering, scholarship details, eligibility requirements, and much more then Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering
There are many benefits after getting the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering.
- One of the prominent institutions known worldwide, the University of Sussex rose to popularity due to its quality of education and the support provided to the university as fellowships and scholarships.
- The scholarship awards selected students with the £10,000 (INR 10,07,065), awarded as a tuition fee reduction.
- Only two students are awarded the John Kinghorn Scholarship in engineering with one seat reserved for the female student.
One of the initiatives taken by the University of Sussex is the John Kinghorn Scholarship in engineering provided as a support to students to help them in their higher education.
- The scholarship is mainly for the students who enroll themselves in science, technology, mathematics, and engineering degrees.
- The scholarship is provided by the University of Sussex and is awarded to domestic and international students.
- The degree is provided on the basis of merit and is only specific to the University of Sussex.
- The scholarship is distributed to the students annually and is non-renewed.
If you are seeking John Kinghorn Scholarship in engineering then you need to qualify for a few eligibility requirements. These eligibility requirements include academic excellence, financial needs, etc. One of the major eligibility requirements is that you are required to have been offered and accepted a full-time place in one of the following degrees:
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Digital Signal and Image Processing MSc
- Engineering Business Management MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with a Masters industrial placement) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
How to Apply for John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering
If you want to apply for the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering then you are required to follow certain steps.
- First, you are required to complete the scholarship application form that is received after accepting an offer of any place in any of the master’s programs mentioned above in the eligibility requirements.
- Once your application is reviewed by the scholarship office then the authorities will contact the candidates to announce the decision.
- If your application fails to meet the eligibility criteria then your application will not be considered in any case.
- If your application for the scholarship is shortlisted then an anonymous version is usually shared with the selection panel for the final selection procedure.
- If you find it difficult to apply then you can book a free consultation session with Leverage Edu to get end-to-end assistance in your application procedure.
Other Important Details
- If you are the recipient of another scholarship from the University of Sussex for eg. Chancellor’s International Scholarship then you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The deadline for the application is usually May every year, however, you are advised to check the official website of the University of Sussex.
- If you are one of the international students who wish to pursue this scholarship program then you can check your eligibility by visiting the official’s website and searching your country.
- If you don’t find yourself fit for the above scholarship then you can apply for an array of scholarships offered by the University of Sussex including QS Scholarships, Rhodes Scholarship, Aga Khan Foundation scholarship, etc.
We are here to help you select the best scholarship and funding options available to finance your dream with Leverage Finance! Call us at 1800 572 000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.