Are you looking for some financial aid to pursue higher education in a foreign country? Then, let us introduce you to the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship. Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, a well-known businessman who founded Tata and Sons in 1868, with a philanthropic vision for India’s future. In 1892, the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship for higher education was established as a result of this grand vision. Read on to learn more about scholarship eligibility, admission criteria, selection process and more!
Table of contents
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship: An Overview
- Scholarship Details
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2021: Eligibility
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2021: Application Process
- Mandatory Documentations
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2021: Selection Process
- After Winning the Scholarship
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship: An Overview
The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship, which was founded in 1892, provides partial financial aid to Indian students who wish to pursue postgraduate, undergraduate, postdoctoral, or research studies abroad.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based Scholarship|
|Organization||JN Tata Endowment|
|Application Deadline||March 2021|
|Renewability||One Time Payment|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://www.jntataendowment.org/|
Candidates who wish to pursue full-time Masters, Ph.D., Postdoctoral, or Research Fellowship in any field in any country are eligible for the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship.
- The amount varies between INR 1,00,000 and INR 10,00,000.
- The full sum is not available to all of the chosen candidates.
- Candidates must have earned at least 60% in their previous academic results.
- Submission of a Statement of Purpose and a Letter of Recommendation is needed.
- The application process will begin in December.
- The whole application process takes place on the internet.
- The results are sent out via email in the first week of July.
Read about: Educational Journey of Ratan Tata
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2021: Eligibility
Candidates interested in applying for the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship for Higher Education must meet the following criteria:
Citizenship: Indian residents
Academic Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree from an Indian university is required.
Academic Score: A minimum of 60% on the most recent academic test.
Upper Age Limit: As of June 30, 2021, the upper age limit is 45 years.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens who have graduated from a recognized Indian university with a grade point average of at least 60% in their most recent academic test. You are not qualified to apply if you do not have an undergraduate degree from an Indian university.
- Candidates in their second year of international studies (Fall 2021–Spring 2022) are also welcome to apply. This is only valid if the course is at least two years long. Applicants must have completely repaid their current loan scholarship from J N Tata.
- Candidates who are in their final year of study or who are awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates can apply even if they do not have admission/offer letters from the universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2021-2022 at the time of application. They must, however, notify the Endowment of their acceptance status once they have been accepted.
- Candidates must be under 45 years old on June 30, 2021, have a strong academic record, and experience, specialization, or training in their fields.
- The J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship is not available to candidates traveling overseas for lectures, conferences, or undergraduate studies.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2021: Application Process
Candidates must download the application form (https://www.jntataendowment.org/), complete it offline, and send it along with a scanned copy of the letter of recommendation (LOR) to the same email address mentioned on the application form.
To apply for the J.N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2021-22, simply follow the steps below.
- Step 1: To apply, go to the official website at jntataendowment.org and click the ‘To Apply’ button.
- Step 2: Please fill out the registration form with the appropriate information and press the “Register” button if you are a new user.
- Step 3: A one-time password will be sent to the registered email address after effective registration, and it will be valid for 48 hours.
- Step 4: Candidates will continue by logging in with their registered email address and password.
There are certain documents that are necessary for the application of the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship, such as:
- Scanned versions of official papers, such as Transcripts.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-800 word statement of purpose should be presented to the Trustees of the JN Tata Endowment. The SOP must follow a specific format and answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your course and why did you choose it?
- Are you staying with your undergraduate program or moving to a different one? If the shift is fresh, what is the reason for it?
- What do you want to get out of your postgraduate program?
- Do you have some prior experience in the area you’ve chosen? How do you do it?
- What additional skills do you intend to acquire if you already have the experience?
- What aspects of your curriculum meet your needs and interests?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Letter of Recommendation: LOR from a college professor is needed. If the applicant is employed, he or she must obtain a letter of recommendation from his or her employer.
Candidates must include the name, title, and department of the recommender, as well as the name of the college/university/organization, city, phone numbers, and official email address.
Note: Only if the LOR is submitted will the application be considered complete.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2021: Selection Process
The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship selection process is comprehensive and consists of three levels:
- Initial Screening
- An Online Test
- Personal Interview
First Stage: Initial Screening
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- Consistent Academic Achievement
- Participation in extra-curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Scores on the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, and IELTS
- Objectives and Targets
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be notified by email.
Second Stage: An Online Test
- Candidates who have been shortlisted will be asked to take an online exam similar to the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA).
- After the TSA examination, candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to an interview session. Candidates must, however, first submit scanned copies of student supporting documents.
Third Stage: Personal Interview
The interview will be technical in nature, with applicants being checked on their subject knowledge. They’ll be questioned about the scope of their studies.
- Candidates applying in their second year would be evaluated on the experience they obtained the previous year.
- In Mumbai, the Director of Endowment and a Subject Expert perform the interview through video conferencing.
Note: The Tata scholarship for Indian students pursuing higher education is not guaranteed to those who are selected for interview sessions.
After Winning the Scholarship
If you are chosen for the scholarship, you must complete the following formalities:
- To complete the necessary formalities, the chosen nominee and his guardian must go to the Administration Office. They must have made an appointment and secured a visa in advance.
- In order to enter a formal arrangement with Trustees, one must first provide written proof of their ability to repay the loan.
- Between the third and seventh years, the loan must be repaid in five instalments.
- National Overseas Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
- Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Gate Scholarship
- VV Giri Scholarship
- Nabanna Scholarship
- Lic Scholarships
Since 1892, the Trust has supported 5365 scholars in pursuing their dreams of studying abroad. If you wish to get a scholarship for your higher studies, then you can consider applying to the JN Tata Endowment Scholarship. We hope the information provided to you was helpful. For more educational content stay connected with Leverage Edu.