Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination (JEECE) is conducted by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) to offer admission to aspirants who wish to pursue a B.Tech in Engineering in Jharkhand. JEECE is a state-level exam and candidates can apply for JEECE to pursue B.Tech courses. Students will be selected on the basis of marks and ranks obtained in JEE. This entrance exam is conducted in online mode for B.Tech programs at Jharkhand Universities.
JEECE: Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
Also Read: NTA Exams 2021
JEECE Important Dates 2023
The following dates are tentative and are subject to change.
|Application Form Release||To be notified|
|Application Form Submission Deadline||To be notified|
|JEECE Exam||To be notified|
|Admit Card Release||To be notified|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
|Counselling Process||To be notified|
The eligibility criteria are given by the JCECEB for candidates who wish to apply for the JEECE. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria below.
- 10+2 qualified from a recognized board
- Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects at +2.
- Biology and Chemistry as additional subjects in +2 level.
- XIIth cleared with a minimum of 45%.
- Students must have secured a good score/rank in JEE Mains.
Students must possess a domicile of Jharkhand and they must be permanent citizens of Jharkhand to be eligible for appearing.
Age Limit :
Students must apply for JEECE on time to ensure they are eligible for appearing for the exam age-wise.
Also Read: JEE Main Eligibility
JEECE Application 2023 Fees
The application fees for JEECE can be paid both in the online and offline mode. Listed below is the application fee for the various categories.
- Application fees for General candidates – INR 900
- Application fees for SC/ST/PwD- INR 450
- Application fees for female candidates are INR 450
JEECE Application Procedure 2023
Given below is the detailed procedure that candidates must follow for applying for the JEECE exam:
- Register through the official site: Students must log on to the official website and Apply Online. They are required to fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- Application Form: After successful registration, candidates must fill the application form and make the payment through online/offline mode.
- Online – Credit/Debit/NetBanking
- Offline – E-Challan
- Upload the necessary documents – Fill up the application form correctly and upload the necessary scanned document images.
- Print the registration slip – Students must make sure they take a printout of the registration slip as it is asked for during the counselling process.
Once the JEE Main results have been declared, a merit list containing the names of the candidates who have been shortlisted is prepared. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by students in the JEE Main Exam. The shortlisted candidates are then called for the counselling round. In the counselling round, students are supposed to list their college preferences.
In 2021, the counselling for JEECE is scheduled to be conducted in May 2021 (tentatively). Students are called for counselling round depending upon –
- Number of seats vacant
- Reservation category
- Number of seats in total
- Candidates per seat
- Withdrawal and confirmation
JEECE 2023 counselling: Documents
The documents required for the JEECE 2023 counseling are as follows:
|JEECE 2023 counselling: Documents|
|Class 10/12 admit card|
|Counselling call letter|
|Class 10th and 12th Marksheet/certificate|
|Local Resident Certificate issued by SDO (Civil)/ DC of Jharkhand State|
|Income Certificate issued by SDO (Civil)/DC of Jharkhand State|
|A Passport Size Photograph|
|Caste Certificate issued by SDO (Civil)/DC of Jharkhand State|
|Dependency Certificate issued by competent Army officer|
|Disability Certificate issued by Medical Superintendent/CMO/Head of Hospital (If applicable)|
Colleges Accepting JEECE 2023
We have listed some of the top colleges in Jharkhand Accepting JEECE scores:
- Government Engineering College, Dumka
- Government Engineering College, Ramgarh
- Government Engineering College, Chaibasa
- B.I.T, Sindri
- R.V.S College of Engineering & Technology, Jamshedpur
- Ramgovind Institute of Technology, Koderma
- RTC Institute of Technology, Anandi, Ormanjhi, Ranchi
- KK College of Engineering and Management, Dhanbad
- DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Medinianagar
The application fees for General is INR 900 and SC/ST/PwD – INR 450.
Yes, candidates must essentially appear for JEE and obtain a rank to be eligible for admission through JEECE.
The examination date hasn’t been announced yet.
Candidates will be eligible for admission through JEE scores in 2021. There will be no separate entrance.
We hope that this blog has provided you with the details about JEECE Application Dates, procedures, and requirements. If you are confused about your career choices, sign up for a free 30-minute career counseling session with our study abroad experts at Leverage Edu who will guide you through the procedure.