JEE or Joint Entrance Examination – Mains, is one of the most popular entrance exams in India. It is a standardized computer-based test for admission to various undergraduate programs in engineering, architecture, and planning across colleges in India such as IITs and more. NTA will soon release the exam dates for this year’s JEE Mains. If you are going to be taking the JEE Mains this year, then you must know about the guidelines and rules for JEE Mains 2023. In this blog, we bring you the JEE Mains Exam Day instructions 2023.
This Blog Includes:
JEE Main 2023 Covid-19 Instructions
The dates for JEE Main 2023 are yet to be announced but NTA has issued certain guidelines keeping in mind the Covid-19 pandemic which must be followed by all the candidates. Here are the JEE Main 2023 Covid-19 Instructions for the exam day:
- As a precaution against Covid-19, students are required to reach the centre at the reporting time, so that there is enough time to sanitize and ensure all safety regulations are followed.
- The admit card provided to students ahs 4 pages including –
- Centre details and an Undertaking regarding Covid-19
- Important instructions
- Advisory for all candidates with respect to Covid-19.
- The student is required to carry a print out of all the 4 pages.
- You can only carry these on JEE Mains Exam Day 2023:
- Admit card and the filled Undertaking.
- Transparent ball point pen
- A photograph to be pasted on the attendance sheet
- Hand Sanitizer of not more than 50 ml
- Transparent water bottle
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance of the center as well as during the exam.
- The lab number won’t be mentioned outside to avoid unnecessary crowding.
- Students will be required to maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from one another. There will be marks on the floor, candidates are required to follow them
- All the candidates will be provided with a fresh 3 ply mask before entering the venue. Candidates will have to wear the mask provided at the venue and remove their personal mask.
Read JEE Mains Eligibility!
JEE Mains 2023 Exam Day Rules
On the day of JEE Mains, there are different rules that the candidates would need to abide by and various guidelines to be followed. Here are the official rules and instructions for JEE Mains Exam Day 2023:
What to Carry on JEE Mains Exam Day 2023
Here’s all you need to carry on JEE Mains Exam Day 2023:
- First and foremost, you should ensure that you carry all the requisite documents to the examination hall, including:
- Admit Card – Your JEE Mains Admit Card should show your name, paper, date of birth, gender, test centre name, city and state eligibility code, and category. If there is a problem with the details given on the admission card, you must contact the conducting authority of JEE Main 2023, i.e. NTA.
- The admission card is issued provisionally to applicants on the grounds that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Valid ID Card – You will be asked to carry a valid ID card issued by the Government of India, such as the Aadhar Card, Driving License, Pan Card, Voter ID card, Passport or Ration Card.
- Applicants in the PwD group are expected to have a valid PwD certificate issued by the appropriate authority.
Know all About JEE Advanced 2021!
What Not to Carry on JEE Mains Exam Day 2023?
The only things that candidates are permitted to carry into an examination hall are the number of items that have been listed above. It is important to leave all other things outside the examination hall. Here is a list of things that you are not permitted to carry into an exam hall as JEE Mains Exam Day Instructions 2023:
- No baggage: All JEE Mains applicants are prohibited from bringing in the exam hall any form of belongings or baggage. The examination halls would also not be responsible for objects or products lost or stolen on the premises of the exam centre.
- No drinking, smoking or eating: In the examination hall, candidates are forbidden from drinking, smoking or eating. In the exam halls, snacks and beverages like tea and coffee are forbidden.
- Sugar tablets or fruits, as well as a water bottle, would be permitted to be carried in by diabetic patients. They will not, however, be permitted to carry prepared food such as sweets, chocolate or sandwiches to the exam hall.
- No Accessories: In the examination hall, candidates will also not be permitted to wear any kind of jewellery or accessories, such as watches. They must also choose to wear clothes with limited pockets to limit suspicion of using unfair means.
- No electronic gadgets: Inside the examination hall, electronic gadgets such as cell phones, calculators, earphones, headphones, pagers, docups, slide rules, log tables, tape recorder or camera, etc. are forbidden.
- No stationery: Candidates attempting JEE Mains 2023 Paper-1 will not be permitted to carry in any kind of stationery in the examination hall, such as pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, paper or any textual reference documents. Candidates will obtain the requisite stationery during the test from the examination centers.
JEE Mains 2023 Guidelines
The JEE Mains 2023 official authorities have outlined several other rules to ensure that the exams are conducted without the use of unfair means. Here is a list of official guidelines you need to adhere to as per JEE Mains 2023 Exam Day Instructions:
- Make sure to reach the centre before 9.30 am: All candidates must reach the examination centre before 9.30. and enter the examination hall. After the examinations have commenced, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. All candidates are advised to arrive at the examination centre before the time stated in the admission card. This will help prevent chaos and haste at the last minute, which can lead to unnecessary stress before the test.
- Admit Card: The JEE Mains 2023 admit card is one of the most essential documents needed to be issued by the invigilator at the examination centre. Applicants who do not show their JEE Mains 2020 admission card will be excluded from the test.
- Unwanted material: All candidates must ensure that they do not bring any kind of unwanted materials or objects, such as electronic devices, paper parts, stationery, eatables, etc., into the examination hall before entering the examination hall. Depending on the gravity of the case, applicants who are found to breach the law will be debarred from the test and likely restricted from attempting the examination.
- Documents required: In addition to the admission card, at the time of entry into the examination hall, candidates may also be required to display other documents. At the time of the examination, all documents relating to the eligibility of candidates for the JEE Mains 2023 exam should be submitted to the monitoring officer.
- Attendance: After you have reached the examination hall, you will be issued with a sheet by the invigilators, with the names of the candidates trying the JEE Mains exam. You will be required to sign on the sheet in the respective space indicated in front of your name. candidates which do not sign the sheet will be considered absent from the exam.
Documents Needed on JEE Mains Exam Day 2023
As per JEE Mains Exam Day 2023 official guidelines and instructions, here are all the documents needed:
- Admit Card
- Valid class 12 board mark sheet for those who have cleared the class 12 board exams
- For those who have opted for improvement tests in 2023 – valid admission card or hall ticket for Class 12th Board or qualifying examinations.
- Valid admission card or hall ticket for class 12 board exam or qualifying exams for those who have yet to attempt Class 12 board or qualifying exams.
All candidates will need to send one of the above-mentioned documents, as per the category you fall under to ensure that you can sit for the JEE Mains 2023 exam. If you are unable to provide the aforementioned documents, then it might lead to exam cancellation.
Last but not the least, you must listen to the rules and regulations provided by the exam invigilator before the exam. This is why it is essential to be on the exam center at least half an hour before JEE Mains exam starts. Avoid any unfair means like passing chits or talking while writing the exam as it might lead to punishment or debarment.
JEE or Joint Entrance Examination – Mains, is one of the most popular entrance exams in India. It is a standardized computer-based test for admission to various undergraduate programs in engineering, architecture, and planning across colleges in India such as IITs and more.
Admit card and the filled Undertaking.
Transparent ball point pen
A photograph to be pasted on the attendance sheet
Hand Sanitizer of not more than 50 ml
Transparent water bottle
In the examination hall, candidates are forbidden from drinking, smoking or eating. In the exam halls, snacks and beverages like tea and coffee are forbidden.
Thus, we hope that now you are familiarized with JEE Mains Exam Day Instructions 2023! We wish you the best of luck for your JEE Mains exam 2023! If you are unsure about finding the best engineering course and university for you, our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you explore the right courses and universities as per your interests and aspirations! Sign up for a free session now!