JET or Jain Entrance Test is an entrance test that is conducted for offering admission to various UG and PG courses offered by Jain University. For those wishing to pursue B.Tech courses at Jain University, a separate application form must be filled. Jain University is located in Bangalore, Karnataka and admission is offered on the basis of scores obtained in the Jain Entrance Test or JET. If you wish to know more about JET, read on.
|Exam||Jain Entrance Test / JET|
|Conducting Authority||Jain University|
|Mode of the examination||Online and Offline|
|Frequency of exam||Once a Year|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Courses offered||UG and PG courses|
This Blog Includes:
- Jain Entrance Test Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Needed for Jain Entrance Test
- Courses available through Jain Entrance Test
- How to Apply?
- Application Fees for Jain Entrance Test
- How to fill the Application Form in the Offline Mode?
- JET Syllabus
- Exam Day Guidelines – Jain Entrance Test
- How To Check The Result
Jain Entrance Test Important Dates
|Application Form Release||February, 2021|
|Exam Date||May 21 – 23, 2021 (Phase 1)June 14 – 16, 2021 (Phase 2)|
|Admit Card Release||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
The eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply for the JET as prescribed by the conducting authority is mentioned below. The eligibility criteria varies for different courses.
Bachelor of Technology (B Tech Course, Duration: Four years, Full time)
- Students must have cleared 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Students must have had one vocational subject – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology
- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks
- Students must have cleared 10+2 from a recognized board
- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks , (5% relaxation for SC/ ST category) in the qualifying exam
- Students should hold a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years) in any discipline
- Students must have an aggregate of 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Students for executive courses should have required work experience
Documents Needed for Jain Entrance Test
Before registering for the exam, all applicants must ensure that they have the following documentation and details available. Candidates shall have the following records on them:
- Scanned most recent photographs (sizes ranging from 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only.
- Scanned signature (size 4 kb to 30 kb) only in JPG/JPEG format
- Aadhaar number, Election card, Passport number/ Ration card number/ PAN number, or some other identification evidence from the government
- Mobile phone number and email address
- Bank details for fee payment
- Mark sheets for details
Courses available through Jain Entrance Test
Through JET, students are eligible for admission to a list of courses offered by Jain University. We have listed the courses below :
How to Apply?
We have described below the detailed procedure that students are required to follow for applying for Jain Entrance Test:
- Registration: Aspirants must log on to the official website and Apply Online by clicking on ‘Apply for JET 2021 UG/ PG program’. Fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- Submit Application Form: After successful registration, aspirants must fill the application form with accurate and necessary information the form asks for. The application form is divided into three sections – Personal Details, Qualification of Details and Successfully uploading documents.
- Application Fees: The final step would be the payment of application fees to successfully complete the form.
Application Fees for Jain Entrance Test
The application fees for JET Agriculture can be paid in the online mode – credit card/debit card and net banking and the offline mode via Demand Draft. The application fees for JET is INR 600
How to fill the Application Form in the Offline Mode?
Candidates can fill the application form in the offline mode by following the below mentioned steps
- Attach your passport size photograph, signature, class 10 & 12 mark sheet and bachelor’s degree mark sheet (pg courses) along with the form.
- Issue a demand draft of INR 600 in favor of ‘JET University- SET’ payable at Bangalore.
- The filled application form must be sent by post along with the enclosures to the following address:
#44/4, District Fund Road, Jayanagar 9th Block
Mobile: +91 8861944441, 8123855824
The syllabus for JET 2021 includes topics of 10+2 level:
- PCME (for engineering)
- Relevant subjects according to the undergraduate course chosen by applicants.
The syllabus for PG programs will consist of topics covered during graduation. Topics are divided into two sections which are given below:
- 20 Questions of English grammar
Exam Day Guidelines – Jain Entrance Test
Students must follow the exam day guidelines as given in the admit card or specified at the time of applying.
- Aspirants should carry their admit card and it should not be in the digital or scanned format.
- Aspirants must reach the exam centre an hour before the exam to avoid any delay.
- Aspirants are not allowed to carry any electronic devices to the exam venue.
- Aspirants must carry a photo identity proof along with the admit card which could be any of these – Aadhar Card, Passport, Pan Card, Voter ID Card , Driver’s License
How To Check The Result
Candidates will be able to see their results by logging in with their login information, including their registration number, birth date, and protection pin by clicking on ‘JET 2021 Results’. After reviewing the result, candidates can download and print their result.
Yes, the form cannot be filled in an offline mode.
The results dates are yet to be announced.
The application fees is INR 600.
The exam is 3 hours long.
We hope this blog was helpful and informative. Contact Leverage Edu, to help you select a suitable course that suits your desires and goals and provides you with the requisite knowledge and skills required to kick-start your career.