Indian School of Business is among the top 30 global B-schools and no wonder they receive thousands of applications each year. Amongst all the courses ISB offers, PGPMAX is one of a kind program that is specially designed for senior level executives. The program hones applicant’s business skills and to help them take their businesses to new heights. Since PGPMAX was introduced a couple of years ago, there are not many reviewers to share first-hand information on the executive MBA program. To clear doubts of applicants who plan to pursue PGPMAX from ISB, Leverage Edu experts have answered some of the frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) about PGPMAX.
What is PGPMAX?
Indian School of Business (ISB) has introduced a set of courses for professionals in the middle of their careers. PGPMAX is specially designed for C-level professionals and entrepreneurs to hone their business and soft skills. It invites seasoned professionals with 10-25 years of work experience. The part-time executive MBA program, PGPMAX is a perfect fit for senior professionals who want to deep-dive in the domain of business management. Through this program, students can extract the maximum benefits, which in turn would help them expand their businesses while they compete with some of the global firms. PGPMAX helps professionals can expand their research as they test their knowledge in business concepts by applying it directly to their businesses. This would help them practically test whatever they learn while giving them some advanced knowledge of business management.
In PGPMAX, the curriculum runs for the duration of 15 months. A classroom session of one week is held at the ISB campus, i.e., either in Hyderabad or in Mohali. These classes are held at an interval of six weeks, which accounts for staying at the campus for 62 days in total. Along with this, candidates might as well have to devote a couple of hours each day to work on their projects and for the pre-course readings. In all, applicants might have to give up on their personal interests; but what they get in return is even better. It is for the same reason; ISB receives an overwhelming response from its applicants each year to enroll in PGPMAX.
What makes PGPMAX different from other executive programs?
ISB’s PGPMAX has a number of benefits that set this program apart from other executive programs. The exclusively crafted program for experienced professionals is quite different from the regular full time and part time MBA programs in India.
- Best in class faculty- ISB is known to have a world-class faculty. What is even better is that faculty rich in academic and industry experience take the classes for students of PGPMAX at ISB. For the executive MBA program, only senior faculty members from ISB’s partner schools and top 20 B-schools are invited to take these classes. Professors like W. Bruce Allen from the Wharton, Sunil Chopra from Kellogg and more are a part of the teaching faculty of ISB for PGPMAX.
- Diversified classrooms- ISB PGPMAX classrooms are rich in cultural and industrial diversity that play a critical role in an individual’s learning. PGPMAX has C-level Executives, Directors, Country Heads and Entrepreneurs and that exposes students to different interpretations as they all come from different industries.
- ISB’s brand value- As much as it is important to have a quality education, it is equally important to get it from one of the best B-schools. ISB is amongst the top 30 B-schools of the world which adds value to an individual’s profile.
- Eliminates opportunity cost- One amongst the many benefits PGPMAX brings on the table is that you need not shell out extras being an Indian. One doesn’t have to pay an amount for accommodation and everyday expenses. Also, they need not distance themselves from family or work.
- The ongoing flow of income – Another great benefit of PGPMAX is that you have a constant flow of money while you’re studying. One doesn’t have to quit their jobs which makes them financially secure.
- Spaced out class schedules- ISB PGPMAX has classes at an interval of every six weeks which is unlike other international executive MBA programs. This eases out the schedules as students do not have to travel so frequently to ISB campus while you pay fair attention to your business.
- International Immersion- ISB pays extraordinary attention in the overall development of each individual. It exposes students the dynamics of management through its global immersion programs, of one week each in the US and Asia.
- Numerous networking opportunities – ISB PGPMAX students have a multitude of networking opportunities through the international immersion programs and ISB alumni network. Along with this, PGPMAX candidates are members of the Executive MBA council where they can connect with senior professionals just like them.
What is the criterion of admissions in PGPMAX at ISB?
In order to apply for PGPMAX at ISB, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification along with a minimum of 10 years of full-time work experience. Candidates would have to submit a letter of consent issued by their current employer in favor of their employee taking up the program. It can be either submitted along with the applications or once they have their offer letter from ISB for PGPMAX.
Even though, there is no standard criteria based on which ISB evaluates PGPMAX applicants; however, they take each applicant’s academic and personal skills into account before extending an admission letter. ISB evaluates candidates based on their academic performance during graduation. With this, they also observe candidates based on their inclination towards the programme, maturity, leadership skills, communication skills, future plans, achievements and more during the interview sessions.
What all documents are required to apply in PGPMAX at ISB?
Applicants need to submit a few documents along with their applications while enrolling for PGPMAX at ISB. A well-defined application is foremost important for which they can take help from professionals who’d help you highlight your experiences, roles and responsibilities, and achievements that add value to your profile. Along with the application, the following documents are required while submitting your application for PGPMAX-
- Colored Photograph
- A copy of candidate’s passport
- Copy of bachelor’s mark sheets
- Copy of bachelor’s degree
- Copy of latest salary slip
- Letter of consent from current employer (not valid if you’re self-employed)
- 2 professional LOR’s
What is the fee for PGPMAX ISB?
The application fee for PGPMAX for rounds in April 2019 and August 2019 is INR 10,000 plus GST which can be paid online. The program fee for the academic session 2019-20 is INR 3,908,000 plus GST. Students can know more about fee and financing of PGPMAX at ISB here.
Is it worth choosing PGPMAX at ISB that costs 39 lakh?
There is no definite answer of whether or not PGPMAX is an ideal program for a candidate. As this is one of the recently launched programs by ISB Hyderabad and ISB Mohali, candidates may not find many reviewers to share their experiences. However, they can take help from experts who would calculate the pros and cons of PGPMAX to see if it adds value to the candidate’s current profile. No doubt, ISB is India’s best B-school that shapes future entrepreneurs, and it is known for its world-class faculty. It goes unsaid that PGPMAX has numerous benefits and it is an advantage as it exposes candidates to gain a global and holistic view of management while it uplifts the confidence of individuals. Candidates can implement what they learn through the program almost immediately which is an added advantage of the executive MBA program. One cannot ignore the benefits that come post completion of PGPMAX from ISB like, the expected promotions and salary hike. The network of ISB alumnus can be leveraged for business expansions and new opportunities. Ultimately, the merit of investing such an amount does bring greater benefits for senior professionals who are fueled to achieve big!
So if you’re someone who want to leverage upon these opportunities and want to make it to one of the finest programs at India’s #1 B-School, then it’s time for you to reach out to someone who has helped hundreds of students realize this dream. Click here – and book a free consulting session with a top Leverage expert today!