Offered by four IIMs, the five-year program in Management (IPM) is an integrated MBA degree course that aims at producing management professionals who are equipped with the necessary skills. In order to get selected, you need to take IPMAT 2021 exam. Serving as an alternative to the conventional CAT 2021 exam, the IPMAT is a gateway into management courses. In this blog, we will discuss the details pertaining to the aptitude test, the eligibility criteria, and the application procedure of the exam.
Also Read: BBA MBA Integrated Course
This Blog Includes:
IPMAT: An Overview
The management courses of the IIM-Indore have been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). While the first three years of the IPM program is similar to a BBS course where the emphasis is placed on building a strong foundation in business and management fundamentals, the curriculum of the last two years provides in-depth knowledge on various business-related subjects. The integrated degree program is also a highly sought-after post-graduate program in Management.
IPM is a great career option for students who are planning to go into the management position directly after their class 12th.It’s full form is Integrated Programme Management and provides a dual degree for candidates passing Class 12th standard. An IPM degree is exclusively provided by top management schools in India i.e. the IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi, IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Indore. Nirma University also accepts IPMAT scores for its integrated MBA program. The IPM course is a great inclusion to your career as:
- It will provide you with a BBA + MBA degree from IIM. While many students apply for the CAT exam after their graduation, only a few make it to IIMs. Having an IPM course will ensure your seat in the school.
- You will be taught new and advanced management courses as an integrated MBA will make sure your lessons in bachelors and masters are not repeated.
- An MBA student has only one year to prepare for their placement but with an integrated MBA, you will be working towards placements 3 years prior. The package will also be an average 11-15 LPA.
- With an MBA, your career will directly start with the position of a manager or assistant manager unlike with only a bachelors’ where you start with an executive position.
IPMAT 2021 is to be conducted this year by IIM Indore. Here are the details of IPMAT 2021:
|Application Date||2nd week of February 2021|
|Last date for Application||Fourth week of March 2021|
|Exam Date||June 14, 2021|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
IPMAT: Eligibility Criteria
Prospective applicants need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to sit for the IPMAT. These prerequisites have been tabulated below:
|Age||No more than 20 years of age by the end of June 2021
5 Years relaxation for Sc/ ST Students
|Qualifying Exam||Must have passed standard 12th (HSC) or equivalent examination in 2019, 2020 or appearing in 2021|
|Percentage (% Marks)||The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% both in standard 10th (SSC) and standard 12th (HSC) or equivalent examinations.
For SC/ST/PwD candidates, 55% is set as the minimum
IPMAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for IPMAT differs from school to school. Here is the latest Exam pattern followed by IIM Indore:
|Section||Quantitative Analysis (MCQs)||Quantitative Analysis (Short Answers)||Verbal Analysis (MCQs)|
|No. of Questions||20||10||30|
|Time Duration||30 Minutes||30 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Here is the test format for IPMAT at IIM Rohtak
|Section||Quantitative Analysis (MCQs)||Logical Reasoning||Verbal Analysis (MCQs)|
|No. of Questions||20||20||20|
|Time Duration||No Time Limit||No Time Limit||No Time Limit|
If you are planning to take IPMAT in 2021, you need to prepare well for it. Here is the syllabus that you need to follow for selection:
You need to prepare Quantitative Analysis and Verbal Ability.
Here is the syllabus for Quantitative Analysis
|Number System||Averages & Percentages|
|Roots, Indices, Surds||Simple & Compound Interest|
|Profit & Loss||Algebraic Formulae|
|Partnership||Linear & Quadratic Equations|
|Time, Speed & Distance||Mixtures & Alligations|
|Polygons, Circles & Mensuration||Geometry: Lines, Angles & Triangles,|
Syllabus for Verbal Abilities
|Etymology & Roots||Noun & Pronoun Errors|
|Analogies||Prepositions and Conjunctions|
|Foreign Words||Reading Comprehension|
|Tenses, Modifiers & Parallelism||Deductive Reasoning|
|Inference based passages||Logical Consistency|
The IPMAT for IIM Rohtak has an extra section of Logical Reasoning, here is the syllabus for that.
|Inferences & Judgments||Coding|
|Cubes and Dices||Input & Output|
|Binary Logic||Statements and Conclusions|
|Venn Diagrams||Blood Relations|
|Critical Reasoning||Assertions and Reasons|
|Strong and Weak Arguments||Syllogism|
IPMAT Application Form
The application process of IPMAT is completely online and the candidates have to submit their application forms before the above-mentioned deadline. IPMAT applications began in the second week of February 2021. Candidates are allowed to fill the application form online. Make sure you are eligible to apply for IPMAT.
IPMAT Application Fees
|General and Non-creamy OBC||INR 4130|
|SC, ST, PWD||INR 2065|
How to fill IPMAT Application?
You can fill the application form on the official website of IIM Indore
- Go to Registration of IPMAT 2021
- Generate your user ID and password
- Your user ID and password will be sent to your entered email address and phone number
- Next, fill the application form along with all the documents
- Pay the application fee
- Take a print out for further usage
IPMAT Admit Card
The admit card for IPMAT will be released one week before the exam takes place. You need to log-in to your account on IIM Indore’s website and download the admit card from there.
Make sure to check all the details mentioned in your admit card. Get changes done if needed.
Your IPMAT Admit Card will contain:
- Your name
- Application Number
- Test Timing
- Centre Details
- Photograph and e-signature of the candidate
- Address and Contact Details of the candidate
IPMAT Test Centres
Being a national level exam, it is conducted at many centers across cities which are:
- New Delhi
IPMAT Selection Process
The selection process of IPMAT does not only include the test itself. After you have successfully completed the IPMAT test, a video conference interview will be held in place of a personal interview. The result of both will decide whether you are selected for the course.
|Test||IPMAT Test||Video Interview|
Here are the cities where IPMAT selection process will take place:
Exam Day Guidelines
Here are some guidelines that you must follow on your exam date:
- Report at least an hour before the exam.
- You cannot leave the examination hall before the exam ends.
- You cannot take any electronic device including a calculator, mobile phone, etc to the exam room.
- You cannot send anyone else to take your exam
- Read all the instructions carefully before beginning with the exam
- Your admit card will only be given if you meet all the eligibility criteria of the IPMAT exam
- Carry an identification card with you to the examination centre.
- You are not allowed to breach hall discipline and if you do, the examiner will take an action against you.
- If your identification details do not match your admit card details, you will not be allowed to take the test.
A carefully curated preparation strategy can be useful to crack the IPMAT with flying colors. If you need any further guidance on how to ace the exam then the counselors at Leverage Edu can assist you in constructing a personalized plan to sail smoothly through the test. You can also book a free 30 minutes career counseling session with our expert mentors. Hurry up, book your slot now!