Education gives us knowledge of the world around us, helps us build opinions, and develop a perspective on life. When we plan to pursue higher studies, the first thing that comes to mind is how much is it going to cost? Financial constraints are at the top of the list when it comes to making the decision of going for higher education. One of the most effective ways to tackle these financial constraints is by getting the right scholarship that can fund your career ambitions. Every academic year, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, India’s largest commercial enterprise awards this scholarship to meritorious students from all over India. Here’s an insightful blog to walk you through various aspects of the Indian Oil Scholarship, its eligibility requirements, and the application procedure.
This Blog Includes:
- What is Indian Oil Scholarship?
- Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for 10+/ITI
- Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate Studies (Engineering)
- Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate Studies (MBBS)
- Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Postgraduate Studies
- Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Oil Scholarship Online Application Form
- Eligibility Criteria Minimum Marks Table
- Reservation Norms
- Contact Details
What is Indian Oil Scholarship?
Indian Oil Corporation Limited offers various scholarship awards to Indian students aspiring to pursue Engineering courses, MBBS, and MBA programs in various government colleges and institutes. The scheme provides attractive scholarships to various candidates pursuing bachelor and postgraduate courses as well as students pursuing 10+/ITI courses. The scholarships are provided on merit-cum-means to 2600 students every year. The application process for Indian Oil Scholarship is carried out through online mode. The candidates are advised to visit this link to fill the application at the online portal of the Indian Oil Academy of Education.
Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for 10+/ITI
Out of the total 2,600 scholarships, 2,000 Indian Oil Scholarships are allotted to students who have passed class 10th and want to pursue Industrial Training Institute (ITI) studies. This scheme for 10+/ITI is distributed state-wise and is worth 1,000INR per month for two years. Moreover, 400 scholarships out of 2,000 are reserved for deserving candidates coming from the North-eastern states, Andaman and Nicobar Island along with Jammu and Kashmir.
Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate Studies (Engineering)
300 scholarships are allotted to students pursuing various Engineering programs in various government colleges and institutions. The Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate Studies is distributed zone-wise (North, South, East, West) and is worth 3,000 INR per month. Moreover, it also includes a reservation for female candidates and Persons with disabilities (PwD).
Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate Studies (MBBS)
200 scholarship programs are allotted to students pursuing MBBS in various colleges affiliated with the Medical Council of India and the Government of India. The Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate Studies (MBBS) is distributed zone-wise (North, South, East, West) and is worth 3,000INR per month. Further, the scholarship scheme also has a special reservation for female candidates and Persons with disabilities (PwD).
Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Postgraduate Studies
100 Indian Oil Scholarship awards are allotted to students pursuing MBA programs awarding an amount of 3,000INR per month for 2 years.
|10+/ITI||2 years||2000||10th||50%-60%||Rs. 1,000|
|Engineering||4 years||300||12th||50%-60%||Rs. 3000|
|MBBS||4 years||200||12th||50%-60%||Rs. 3000|
|MBA||2 years||100||Graduation||50%-60%||Rs. 3000|
Also Read: National Scholarships
Before applying for the Indian Oil Scholarship program, you are required to fulfill certain eligibility requirements. Here are the major eligibility criteria you need to keep in mind:
- Candidates are required to pursue regular full-time courses to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program. Students who are pursuing higher education through online mode, correspondence or distance programs are ineligible.
- Candidates studying in institutions, colleges and schools that are recognised by the State Board of Education/State Technical Education Boards/ICSE/ISC/MCI/AICTE/CBSE are eligible to apply for the Indian Oil Scholarship.
- Candidates should be 15-30 years old to be able to apply for this scholarship program.
- Bonafide students who are full-time regular in the first year of a minimum 2 years postgraduate course in Business Administration and Management are eligible to apply for the Indian Scholarship Scheme for Postgraduate Studies (MBA).
- Bonafide students who are full-time regular in the first year of Engineering/MBBS programs are eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
- Bonafide students who are full-time regular in 11th standard are eligible to apply for the scholarship program for 10+/ITI.
Also Read: Ashirwad Scholarship
Indian Oil Scholarship Online Application Form
For those wishing to apply to the Indian Oil Scholarship, gathering details about the application procedure can be a cumbersome task. Being aware of the application procedure can make the process of applying smooth. It helps in filling details in a systematic fashion and reduces the chances of missing one’s deadlines. Organized below in a step-by-step manner is the entire application process.
- Visit the official website of the corporation offering the scholarship and collect all relevant information about eligibility and requirements.
- Visit the IOCL Scholarship Application Form page on this website and enter the details mandated. Recheck to ensure accuracy and minimal errors.
- After clicking on apply wait to receive the official email. It will contain all the necessary login details for the scholarship and you will become an applicant contesting for it.
Also Read: How to Score Good Marks in Exams?
Eligibility Criteria Minimum Marks Table
Tabulated below is the minimum percentage of marks required for different streams to apply for the scholarship. Glance through it to form an understanding of the minimum marks required in your field.
Of the total number of scholarships offered, a percentage is reserved for the underprivileged section to facilitate equal opportunities for all. The candidates applying through quota would have to provide government documentation. 49.5% of the seats are served in the given division: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, and 27% for OBC. Under each category and sub-category, it is mandatory to reserve 25% of the scholarships for girls and 10% for people with disabilities(PwDs). The percentage of reservations is according to government guidelines.
Sify Technologies Limited
(IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION)
Plot No B 7, Sector-132,
Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh)
Any first-year student of MBBS, engineering or MBA is eligible to apply for this scholarship. Additionally, an 11th-grade student and or first-year ITI students are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Indian Oil Scholarship is a major scholarship offered to students pursuing medical to help them pursue the course without any financial constraint and facilitate their learning.
A hard copy of the application form is not necessary to register successfully for the scholarship. Those who have applied online are eligible for evaluation for the scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded for the total duration of the course being pursued by the student but can’t exceed more than 4years. For some courses like MBA, ITI, and 10+, the maximum duration is of 2 years.
Thus, we hope that this blog on Indian Oil Scholarship provided you with all the major details about this scheme. Other than this, there are plenty of other scholarships offered across the globe that support those aspiring for higher education. If you’re planning to study abroad, Leverage Edu experts can guide you in finding the right scholarship that can finance your dream course and help you get closer to your career ambitions.