Indian Maritime University(IMU) is one of the most prestigious educational institutes in the country which offers an array of courses at graduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. To secure admission to these courses, the students have to undertake certain entrance-level tests. Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU-CET) is one such exam which you have to qualify to pursue MBA courses namely Port and Shipping Management and International Transportation & Logistics Management. The registration fee for this national-level exam for the General/OBC-NCL category students is Rs 1,000 while for those belonging to SC/ST, the fee is Rs. 700. Before moving to the intricate details regarding the exam, let us first understand the 2 types of MBA courses which you can study by qualifying IMUCET 2020.
|Name of the Exam||Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test or IMU CET|
|Conducted By||Indian Maritime University|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test|
|Course offered through the exam||UG and PG courses offered at IMU and affiliated institutes|
|Exam Fees||General and OBC-NCL – INR 1000SC/ST – INR 700|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Sections||5 – English, General Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|Total Questions||200 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be given for every correct answer. No negative marking|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|No. of Test Cities||36|
|Contact Details||IMU CET Email ID: email@example.comIMU CET Helpline: +91 (44) 2453 9027 / 2453 9028|
MBA Programs of IMU
IMU has multiple campuses that are spread pan-India and offer an array of programs. As far as its MBA in International Transportation & Logistics Management is concerned, the course is offered at the Chennai and Cochin branch. While MBA in Port and Shipping Management is offered at all the campuses i.e. Chennai, Cochin, Kolkata, and Visakhapatnam branches. Listed below are the programs which you enroll in after clearing IMUCET:
MBA in Port and Shipping Management
Through this 2-year program, the enrolled individuals will be trained and equipped with skills that can be used effectively in various managerial positions in the shipping and port industry. Furthermore, by imparting theoretical and multi-disciplinary knowledge in an array of areas, the students will be made proficient to handle the integrated domain of Shipping and Transport.
MBA in International Transportation & Logistics Management
This MBA program which runs for a duration of 2 years, aims to develop the skills of the students pertaining to the shipping industry. The course curriculum will impart diverse knowledge about the strategies and operations involved in the industry with respect to international logistics. Apart from this, the students will also get an in-depth knowledge of transport management, supply chain, and logistics.
Bonus: Toughest Exams in the World
IMUCET Exam Pattern
IMUCET is conducted by the Indian Maritime Institute online or in computer-based mode. The exam consists of four sections namely, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability. These sections together offer 120 questions in the multiple-choice format (MCQ) which have to be completed in 3 hours. While for every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded, there will be no negative marking in the test. (zorafestival.org) As such, no detailed syllabus has been provided by the university for the exam.
Note: The IMU holds the right to change the types, level of difficulty, and internal distribution of the questions.
IMUCET: Eligibility and Documents
To appear for the IMUCET, the candidates also have to satisfy certain prerequisites. The eligibility criteria for both programs have been listed below:
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from any recognized University.
- They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants should also have a minimum of 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th.
- For the SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5% in the marks and not for English subjects.
There are some necessary documents that the candidates have to provide to complete their online registration. Apart from the application form in the standardized format, listed below are some other essential documents that have to be included while registering for the IMUCET:
- Scanned passport-size photograph and candidate’s signature.
- Class 10th mark sheet which would be used as proof of date of birth.
- Mark sheet of class 12th.
- Degree Certificate
- The candidates falling under the SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/ General-EWS categories have to provide their certificates regarding the same.
Also Read: All About CAT Exam Pattern
- If you are enrolled in an undergraduate program and are currently in the final year, then you have to mention ‘result awaiting’ in the academic details status. Further, there will also be a provision to enter the aggregate marks of the 1st and 2nd year. (3rd year in the case of candidates who are enrolled in a 4-year program).
- From 3rd-5th March 2020, there will be a document verification session. Those who have completed their undergraduate degree have to present a provisional certificate. While the candidates waiting for their final year’s results have to present an application form, issued by the head of the department or university stating that their result will be declared by 30.08.2020
- For the IMUCET, candidates have to provide a written application stating that if by 30.08.2020 they fail to present the Provisional Certificate or are unable to clear a subject, they will have to vacate the seat.
- There will be no remuneration of the program fee of Rs. 25,000 and a counseling fee of Rs. 10,000 in the above-mentioned scenario.
Check Out: Government Exams After 12th Science
IMUCET Exam Dates 2023
It is important to note that the admission process for the exams is now closed and the test will be held on 04th January 2020, Saturday in the 11 am-2 pm slot. For those who have already filled in the application forms here are the important notification dates. The information tabulated below can also be useful for those who want to appear for the IMUCET next year:
|Dates||Upcoming Exam Dates|
|19 Jun ’23||IMU CET 2023 Result announcementONGOING|
|21 Jun ’23 – 26 Jun ’23||IMU CET Registration for Online Counselling|
|30 Jun ’23||IMU CET Publication of First Selection List|
|5 Jul ’23||First selection list candidates can pay a fee by|
|7 Jul ’23 – 11 Jul ’23||Certificate Verification of First List Candidates|
|18 Jul ’23||IMU CET Publication of Second List of Selected Candidates|
|22 Jul ’23||Second selection list candidates can pay a fee by|
|25 Jul ’23 – 27 Jul ’23||Certificate Verification of Second List Candidates|
|1 Aug ’23||IMU CET Publication of Third List of selected candidates (if necessary)|
|4 Aug ’23||Third selection list candidates can pay a fee by|
|5 Aug ’23 – 7 Aug ’23||Certificate Verification of Third List Candidates|
|21 Aug ’23||Date of Commencement of Programmes|
Note: It is advised to keep yourself updated with any changes from the official website of the university.
The IMUCET exam will be conducted on the above-mentioned date across various cities in India. The exam has to be completed between 11 am- 2 pm in a single shift at the centers present in the following cities:
Note: While filling out the application form, the students have to provide 3 references from the cities where they can take the examination. The complete address of the exam centers will be mentioned on the admit cards. As per exam authorities, the students are advised to assemble at the venue 1 hour prior to the exam.
Thus, IMUCET is a golden opportunity for those who want to enroll in management courses from one of the renowned Indian universities. But if you are planning to pursue an MBA from abroad and are not sure about the process then experts at Leverage Edu will lend a helping hand. The counselors will not only assist with the Visa interview but will also help in completing the admission-related formalities. Since the deadlines for the September 2020 intake are closing soon, it becomes all the more important to take guidance to complete the process!