IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is a standardized language test obtained by those who wish to study or work in English-speaking countries. The IELTS Test is a mandatory requirement for visa applications and university applications. A high IELTS Score can help you get into a prestigious university. There are many scholarships available for those who score high in IELTS. Did you score higher than average in your IELTS Exam? If yes, then here’s what you need to know about the IELTS Scholarships.
This Blog Includes:
What are IELTS Scholarships?
Studying abroad is an expensive affair and to help students compensate for this financial commitment, the British Council offers IELTS Scholarships to Indian Students who have scored high on IELTS Test.
IELTS Scholarship Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the British Council IELTS scholarship for Indian students are as mentioned:
- You must be an Indian resident and citizen.
- You must attend a university that recognizes IELTS as part of its enrollment criteria.
- You must have an IELTS band score of at least 6.5.
- You should have recently taken an IELTS test.
- You must be pursuing full-time postgraduate studies outside of India.
- You must have received a letter of admission from the institution you wish to attend.
Subscribe to Leverage IELTS for more such information
IELTS Scholarship Award Grant
Nine scholarships are awarded every year to Indian students each with a value of £10,000 (INR 9,67,521). The awarded grant is directed towards the payment of tuition fees. If the tuition fee is less than £10,000 (INR 9,67,521), then the remaining amount can be utilised for living expenses.
How to Apply for IELTS Scholarship?
Post obtaining your IELTS results, you can apply for the IELTS scholarships. As IELTS scores are valid for up to 2 years, past years’ scores may be used to apply for the present year’s IELTS Scholarship.
The IELTS scholarship application form is made available on the website of the British Council every year. The application deadline is updated on the official website.
Before proceeding with the application process for IELTS Scholarship, you must also keep the following documents alongside:
- Filled and signed application
- Copy of the IELTS Test Report Form
- Current photograph
- A 300-word task submission
- Disability certificate if applicable
- The decision for the IELTS scholarship for Indian students is made by a panel of officers from the British Council.
- Evaluations are based on the 300-word task you are expected to submit along with your application.
- If shortlisted, you will be notified of your status through email.
- Shortlisted applicants must submit a brief presentation in person on an assigned topic.
Score High in IELTS with Leverage Live.
As you know how important the IELTS exam is – it can either get you to your dream university or break your dreams and make you settle with a lower-ranking university. Leverage Edu believes that every student should be given all the help to make them reach their dream university and therefore offers some of the most cost-saving and express IELTS courses.
Why Choose Leverage Live?
- Batch size of <20 to help every student get wholesome attention from the faculty
- Diagnostic tests and periodic evaluations to help identify the focus areas for every individual and additional attention is provided accordingly.
- Multiple mock tests and practice sets to ensure that the student is able to practice all the concepts.
- Webinars and online sessions with previous year toppers on test strategy, tips and tricks.
- Best-in-class faculty with proven success records over the years.
£10,000 (INR 9,67,521) is the awarded grant for IELTS Scholarship.
You must have scored an average of 6.5 or above on the band scale to increase your chances of getting an IELTS Scholarship.
Yes, you can utilize the awarded grant at any university in any country other than India that accepts IELTS for their postgraduate entrance requirements.
Book a demo with Leverage Live and prepare to get the topmost IELTS score for your overseas education!