Indian Institute of Technology Madras conducts The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination, or HSEE, a national level entrance test every year for admission to the master programme offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). Conducted in the second or third week of April, this test is usually conducted online. Students are admitted to a five-year integrated master’s programme in humanities and social sciences subjects through this test. This national-level entrance exam will be conducted on June 13 this year. The application forms for the same were released on February 1, 2021, onwards. If you wish to know more about HSEE, this blog shall be of great help to you. Read on to find out more.
This Blog Includes:
Mentioned below are the important highlights of the HSEE. You can have a look here:
|Name Of Examination||HSEE (The HUmanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination)|
|Conducted By||IIT Madras|
|Number Of Seats Offered||46|
|Number Of Programmes Offered||2|
Mentioned below are the important dates of the HSEE which must be kept in mind for any students interested in appearing for it.
|Release Of Form||February 1st, 2021|
|Deadline For Application||March 15th, 2021|
|Availability Of Admit Card||May 12th, 2021 to May 13th, 2021|
|Date Of Exam||June 13th, 2021|
|Response Sheet Availability||June 21st, 2021 to June 23rd, 2021|
|Declaration Of Result||June 28th, 2021|
|Downloading Of Offer Letter||June 30th, 2021|
General category candidates can apply for HSEE 2021 only if they are born on or after October 1, 1995 and for SC/ST/PwD candidates, they are given age relaxation of 5 years. If candidates have cleared any of the below-mentioned examinations with qualifying marks in 2018 or are appearing for them in 2021, they are eligible for HSEE 2021:
- 10+2 examination conducted by any board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities
- The two-year Pre-University examination conducted by any Board or University that the Association of Indian Universities recognises.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Défense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or a foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- HSC vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
While applying for HSEE 2021, students must be aware that the minimum eligibility marks criteria for General students in the exam they last appeared for is 60% and for SC/ST/OBC students it is 55%.
The official website of IIT HSEE reads “Where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case the candidate does not provide such a certificate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final”
Before applying for HSEE, candidates must be aware of the application process and the required documents that must be kept ready before applying. Listed below are the admission process steps
- Register for HSEE through the official site: Log on to the official website and Apply Online. Fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- Application Form: After successful registration, candidates must fill the application form and make the payment.
- Download the Admit Card: Upon successful completion of the application process, the candidate will have to download the admit card, which will be available online on the official website of HSEE only two weeks prior to the examination date.
- Appear for the exam: Attempt the exam on the scheduled day, candidates should be well aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus of HSEE.
- HSEE Result: Results are released on the official website of the exam page with common rank that has the names of candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in the exam. Apart from this, separate merit lists are released for each category. Hence, candidates must regularly check the site.
- Counselling: After the declaration of results, the counselling process begins.
Must Read: MSW – Masters in Social Work
HSEE is conducted in a few cities. Listed below are the cities where HSEE examinations are conducted every year.
- New Delhi
The application fees for the HSEE is different for General and SC/ST candidates. The fees for the same is mentioned below.
- The application fees for SC/ST/PwD – Rs.1200
- The application fees for all others – Rs.2400
Explore: MA in Women Studies
So, this was all about HSEE 2021. Facing any difficulty with the application process? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you through. Sign up for a free session today. Stay connected for more such informative content!