Popularly known as HP TET, Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is one of the state-level competitive exams which appoint fresh Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT) in Arts/ Medical/Non-Medical/ Junior Basic Training/ Shastri/ Language Teacher/Urdu/ Punjabi subjects in various schools. Conducted by the HP Board of School Education, HP TET is one of the most sought-after teaching exams apart from various BEd Exams which tends to be on a high competitive edge. The conducting body will release the notification for the TET exam around the first week of May, so here we are providing you with an insight into the HP TET exam 2021 so that you have ample time to pull up your socks and get set go! Read on to know more about it.
According to previous trends, we have brought before you a list of tentative HP TET 2021 dates so that the candidates can pull up their socks and prepare a study schedule accordingly. The below table explains it all.
|Release of Notification||16th June 2021|
|Application Starts||16th June 2021|
|Application Deadline||06th July 2021|
|Correction Window||07th July 2021 to 09th July 2021|
|Admit Card||To be Announced|
|HPTET Exam Date||July to August 2021|
Its is not the cup of tea of everyone to be able to qualify for the HP TET exam. The candidate needs to fulfil the minimum qualifications to be eligible to take the exam, failing which their candidature may be cancelled. Given below are the eligibility parameters for some of the most prominent and sought-after subjects in the HP TET exam.
- The candidate who have qualified their Bachelor of Arts or BCom with minimum marks of 50% and a year in Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- The candidates who have completed their higher secondary school with at least 50% marks along with a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed) or BA Ed or BEd (Special Education) degree.
- The candidates who have graduated with a Bachelor of Science or BSc (Medical) with minimum marks of 50% and a year of BEd.
- The candidates who have completed their higher secondary school with at least 50% marks along with a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed) or BSc. (Medical). Ed or BEd (Special Education) degree.
TGT (Non- Medical)
- The candidates who have completed their BSc (Non-Medical) and securing at least 50% along with a 1-year of BEd.
- The candidates who have completed their higher secondary school with at least 50% marks along with a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed) or BSc (Non-Medical). Ed or BEd (Special Education)
Junior Basic Training (JBT)
- The candidate must have completed their 10+2 level of studies with at least 50% aggregate and should hold a 2-year JBT certificate from a Central State Government recognized institution.
- The candidate must have passed their senior secondary with minimum marks of 50% along with a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education or a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education
- The candidate must be a graduate and have completed a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
For detailed information about the eligibility criteria for other of the HP TET 2021 subjects, visit their official web link by clicking right here.
HP TET: Exam Pattern
Way before the students start pulling their socks up and prepare for the HP TET examination, they should learn to work smart. Now that the debate for hard work vs smart work arises, smart work would include the students being aware of the exact pattern of the exam and what type of questions they will be facing. This would help them get a hang of the expected questions and easily ace the exam. Let us give you an insight into the exact pattern of the HP TET exam.
- Nature of questions
- Number of questions
- Minimum qualifying marks
- Marking scheme +1 for right and no negative marking
|Nature of questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of questions||150|
|Duration||150 minutes (2.5 hours)|
|Minimum qualifying marks||60%|
|Marking scheme||One mark awarded for every right attempt. |
No negative marking for the wrong responses
For marking their responses, the candidates will have to use OMR sheets. However, using an OMR sheet is not as simple as it seems, as it requires a proper and systematic way of darkening the circles or bubbles. Read our blog on how to fill an OMR sheet for competitive exams to know more about it.
We hope that we have provided you with all the necessary information related to the HP TET exam for the year 2021. If you are looking forward to getting some good exam preparation tips that will help you crack TET like a pro, connect to us at Leverage Edu. Also, book your 30 minutes free career counselling session with us and get the answers to all your career-related queries.