The world’s oldest business institute, The Wharton School is the most respectable and the leading college for business studies in the world. It has an exceptional alumni list of the world’s greatest business tycoons and finest CEOs, Sundar Pichai, Warren Buffett, and Donald Trump to name a few. Wharton is a part of the Ivy League Colleges. Founded by the industrialist- Joseph Wharton in 1881, the college provides students with its unmatched MBA program which makes it stand ahead of other business schools in the world. Wondering how to get into Wharton? Read this blog to find out!
This Blog Includes:
Wharton MBA Program Highlights
What is the program duration? How many credits are there in Wharton MBA? What is the curriculum like? These are some common questions any student willing to sign up for a course would have. Refer to the table given below and you will be good to go:
|Program Duration||20 Months + 3.5 Months Summer Internship|
|Classes||Year 1 (August – May)
Year 2 (September – May)
|Credits||Total – 19
Core – 9.5
Major – 5.0
Elective – 4.5
|Majors and Programs||18 Majors (Students can opt for 2 majors)|
Must Read: MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania Can Make you the CEO of Google!
As we explore various steps in this blog, let’s begin with the basic requirements that’ll be useful for your process for how to get into Wharton.
- To begin with the core requirements, you need a strong GMAT/GRE score and a satisfactory GPA to get into Wharton. The average GRE score is 163 (Verbal) and 162 (quantitative section). The GPA for the class of 2020 was 3.6. The average GMAT score required is 730.
- TOEFL or PTE Academic test is required for all non-native English speakers
- Academic Transcripts
- A prior experience in a company (4 years average)
- Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, Wharton leaves no stone unturned in its search for the best applicants who possess qualities of leadership, management, marketing, and other soft skills.
Register for Leverage Live – Make Your Home a New Classroom
Academic Procedure & Documents Required
The Following steps are given to help you with your process of how to get into Wharton:
- Application Checklist – Background Information (Contact Information, DOB, Academic Degrees, Professional Experience, Family Information, Prior conviction Information)
- The application Fee for the MBA program is $275 (INR 22,689)
– What do you hope to gain professionally from the Wharton MBA? (500 words)
– Taking into consideration your background – personal, professional, and/or academic – how do you plan to make specific, meaningful contributions to the Wharton community? (400 words)
– Optional essay: Describe yourself/certain events in your life in detail with information not mentioned anywhere else on your resume.
- Academic Transcripts: Transcripts of all academic degrees received at the bachelorette/undergraduate level and beyond.
- Letter of Recommendation: This section is divided into two parts
– Please provide examples that illustrate why you believe this candidate will find success in the Wharton MBA classroom. (Word count: 300)
– Please provide examples that illustrate why you believe this candidate will find success throughout their career. (Word count: 300)
- Two Letters of Recommendation are required along with an SOP and the recommenders should be current/former supervisors and well-acquainted with the applicant’s performance in a work setting.
- GMAT and GRE scores should be not older than 5 years.
- TOEFL or PTE Academic test is required for all non-native English speakers. The test dates shouldn’t be older than 2 years. (Applicants who have had their primary language of instruction as English during high school are considered as proficient in English)
- Resume: Highlight Functional Job skills, Experience, Leadership, and Management skills.
- Scan the important parts of the documents clearly and it shouldn’t exceed 10 MB.
- Interview: Once selected, you will be invited to participate in the Wharton MBA Team-Based Discussion (TBD). This essential discussion helps the applicant to express themselves freely. Make sure you’re candid and confidently original with your conversation. Open your horizons on your passion and freely let them out. (anewcareer.org) It usually goes on for 35 minutes which you can interact with 4-5 (randomly assigned) MBA applicants in a team. You will be given a situation and a purpose for you to collectively solve. Prepare for your personal skills and strengths and stay calm.
Also Read: Notable Wharton Alumni
How do I get into Wharton’s MBA Program
- The following are the step to apply for MBA at Wharton:
- First, The candidate should have completed their undergraduate degree from an accredited college in the USA or its equivalent in another country
- The applying candidate must submit their GMAT or GRE scores
Wharton MBA Fees
The following are the tuition fee for the MBA program at Wharton:
|Year Tuition Fee In INR|
|First Year (pre-term fee included)- $2000 $84,874 70.02 Lakh|
|Second Year $82,874 68.37 Lakh|
Must Read: The Ultimate Journey of Aditya Parekh from Wharton to Faering Capital
Admissions Deadlines 2022-2023
The Wharton MBA Application process takes place over three rounds. The application deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1: September 7, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Round 2 will take place on Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 5:00 PM ET.
- Round 3: March 29, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Deferred Admissions Round: April 26, 2023, 5:00 PM ET
Applicants who are invited to interview will be notified by email on the dates listed below. The interview invitation email will include a link to schedule an interview as well as resources to help you prepare for one.
|Application Deadline||Interview Invitations||Decisions|
|Round 1||September 7, 2022||October 25, 2022||December 15, 2022|
|Round 2||January 4, 2023||February 17, 2023||March 23, 2023|
|Round 3||March 29, 2023||April 13, 2023||May 10, 2023|
|Deferred Admissions Round||April 26, 2023||May 25, 2023||June 29, 2023|
Things to Know About Wharton
It is critical to be prepared before applying to any MBA program, including Wharton’s.
With 19 majors and nearly 200 electives to choose from, Wharton’s MBA program allows students to tailor their courses based on their background, experience, interests, and goals.
When it comes to admissions, Wharton offers three rounds. To find out which round is best for you, check the Application Deadlines above. Prospective students are encouraged to apply in the year preceding their start at Wharton, and deferrals are not granted in general. All requests will be handled on an individual basis.
Every year, Wharton receives approximately 6-7,000 applications. Approximately 75% to 80% of applicants are eligible for admission. Wharton typically admits approximately 1,000 candidates for a class of approximately 840 students.
Must Read: Everything You Need To Know About The Wharton College
Career Scope after Wharton MBA
98.5 percent of the 863 students in the Class of 2019 who were looking for work reported job offers, and 93.5 percent reported job acceptances.
Graduates reported a median annual salary of $150,000, a median sign-on bonus of $30,000 (with the 75th percentile earning US$50,000), and a median guaranteed bonus of US$25,000.
Wharton’s MBA Career Management team provides tailored guidance to help graduates secure the jobs they want, allowing them to achieve and build the careers they desire.
The career team has connected students with over 650 companies representing a wide range of industries and backgrounds, from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations. Graduates can take advantage of the team’s resources, which include career counseling, company, and industry information banks, workshops, recruiting, research tools, and career treks.
Since Wharton practices transparency in their admission process and other fields, hiring a paid admission consultant is looked down upon by the college administration. You could make your family member an admission consultant who is acquainted with your practical experience.
Yes, Wharton is open to applications for candidates who already have an MBA degree provided you state a genuine reason for taking up another degree.
The GRE and GMAT are computer adaptive tests held around the year and it is recommended that you apply for the test 2 weeks before your application procedure. Test codes for the MBA Program are GMAT: G56-97-73 ; GRE: 6802
The college administration is more focused on the skills developed than the number of years of experience. Work on your management and leadership qualities , be confident about your passion and make sure you converse it in the best way possible.
Understood how to get into Wharton? Want to know more? Register for a free counseling session with Leverage Edu to bring all your queries to an end. We also have an expert team for GRE, GMAT, and IELTS preparation. Get in touch to secure your admission and kickstart your career.