We’re pretty sure you reached our site by googling how to get a job at Google! A term used synonymously with searching for information, working at Google is certainly a dream of many. The tech giant that dominates several aspects of our lives provides many job opportunities along with an amazing working space, lucrative salary, and much more! In this blog, we will explore how to get a job at Google along with minimum requirements and tips to enter the biggest company in the IT industry.
This Blog Includes:
Did you know? The company’s name was a mistake! Google is a misspelling of the word: Googel, the mathematical term for a one with hundred zeros which would reflect the company’s mission to make all information accessible to the world!
Google was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California. It specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the big four Internet stocks along with Amazon, Facebook, and Apple. Google.com is the most visited website worldwide. Several other Google-owned websites also are on the list of most popular websites, including YouTube and Blogger. On the list of most valuable brands, Google is ranked second by Forbes and fourth by Interbrand.
The powerful site: On August 16, 2013, Google was not reachable for 5 minutes, in that time the global Internet usage decreased by 40%!
Explore: The Amazing Careers for Every Introvert
Applying for a Job at Google
The first step to know how to get a job at Google is to find the perfect position for which you should apply. Google encourages applicants to match their skills and interests to jobs people excited about and the problems they want to solve.
If you think your skills make you a perfect fit for multiple jobs, you can apply for more than one job at a time. They would review the resume/CV to determine the best fit for the job.
On their site, they have mentioned certain questions that the applicants should ask themselves.
- What is something you learned that made everything that came after easier?
- Have more of your achievements come as a result of solitary effort or teamwork?
- What do you enjoy more, solving problems or pushing the discussion forward?
- What is the most rewarding job you’ve ever had? Why?
- Describe the best team you ever worked with. What made that experience stand out?
These questions will help you to determine whether you are ready to apply at Google or not.
Resume and Cover Letter for Google
Convincing Google to hire you begins with an excellent resume or CV and cover letter. Google favors candidates who are energetic, innovative, and willing to learn, thus the resume and cover letter must convey how you’ve shown initiative, and explain your candidature. Google also values intellectual humility, or an ability to acknowledge when a person is wrong and adjust your ideas accordingly.
It is vital to show what you have accomplished on your resume and cover letter, by sharing any results and details that go beyond simple job descriptions. Google values data in the hiring process and uses evidence to support any claims you make. For example, if you have improved the customer experience, use any available numbers to show it. It would show credibility. An example can be “customer complaints were reduced by more than 30 percent in one month.”
Also Read: Career Objective for a Fresher
Keep the following documents ready before applying at google.
- An updated resume
- A transcript from your university
- In some cases, a cover letter, short essay, or additional information listed in the job description
How to Apply at Google
Applying for a job at Google is as convenient as the search engine itself! Follow the steps below to apply at Google.
- Once you’ve found a job you want to apply for, click the APPLY button near the top of the job description.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
Take note of which email you use to sign in and apply. The company would send you notifications and updates at this address.
- When you’re signed in to a Google Account while applying for a job, only data that you put into the application form is sent to Google Staffing with your application.
- Upload your resume, fill out the form, review, and submit it.
Your Interview at Google
The next step to know how to get a job at Google is understanding and preparing for the interview round. While questions may vary from position to different interviewer, some questions that are common are:
- You are planning an all-hands meeting to highlight the successes of teams. How will you go through in planning this all-hands meeting?
- Walk me through a project you were in charge of from beginning to end.
- What is your opinion on whether or not individuals should be required to use their official name when opening a Gmail or Google + account?
- Talk me through the steps that would need to be taken when planning the opening party for a new Google Campus in Bombay, India.
- How would you handle a request from your boss that clearly violated company policy?
It is important to know that group discussions also play a great part during these interviews. It is vital that the candidate impresses the hiring committee with their speaking and analytical skills.
Things to Remember while Applying at Google
Here are certain things to keep in mind while you apply for a job at Google that can ease your process.
- Your resume must not be over 2 MB.
- Education, work history, and cover letter are optional.
- You can make changes to an application before you submit it, including loading a different resume, but no changes can be made after you submit it.
- You must wait 90 days before re-applying for the same job.
- You can apply to up to three jobs within a rolling 30-day window. It is important to focus on applying to jobs that are the most suitable match for your talents.
Also Read: Career Planning and Development
Types of Jobs at Google
There are various types of jobs that you can apply for in Google. You can apply for the job as per your skills and interests. The following are the most popular job profiles for you to consider:
- Engineering and Technology
- Sales and support
- Marketing and communications
- Business strategy
How is it to Work at Google?
Google’s more than 57,000 employees love everything the “Googleplex” has to offer, including free Wi-Fi-enabled shuttles to and from work, free healthy meals, laundry and fitness facilities, paid maternity leave for birth moms and on-site childcare, and competitive pay – they report 84% high job satisfaction and earn a median salary of $133,000 after five years,
Google has more than 70 offices in more than 40 countries around the world. The atmosphere is great to work in and it brings positive energy to all the employees.
We hope this blog helped you understand how to get a job at Google. Pursuing a job at Google and going through the interview process can seem very overwhelming, but it is definitely worth it. Make sure that you read about the company and the position they are offering in detail before you apply. For more content like this, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook. Tell us about your dream job in the comments down below. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavours.