Scholastic Assessment Test or what is popularly called the SAT exam is a gateway for those who want to study in USA, Canada, UK or Australia. Administered by Educational Testing Service, it examines a candidate’s Verbal, Mathematical, and Writing skills. SAT preparation not just requires practice and hard work, but it also requires decisive strategies, as SAT accepted universities look for people who can work smart and hard at the same time. So, in this blog, we will be dealing with how to crack SAT in 3 months.
This Blog Includes:
Before we get into the steps of how to crack SAT in 3 months, here are the main highlights of SAT examination.
|Administrating Body||Educational Testing Service (ETS)|
|Conducting Body||The College Board|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-Pencil|
|Offered||7 times in a year|
|Main structure||Reading Test, Writing and Language Test and Mathematics|
|Score Range||400-1600 Points|
|Number of Test Centres||25,000|
|SAT Score Accepting Countries||192|
Preparation Strategy: Week 1
- The first week should involve assessing the SAT syllabus and planning your schedule accordingly.
- Take a sample SAT test on the college board website. This will not only help you identify your mistakes but will also help you get familiar with the SAT exam pattern.
- Once you have identified your strong and weak areas, you can bifurcate your preparation time accordingly.
- For every question, look at what went wrong and work on it. For example: if you score well in the Arithmetic questions but poorly in Algebra, then pay emphasis on that more.
- Moreover, through sample tests, you can also assess the time taken to complete a set of questions. This way, you can focus on questions that took more time to solve.
- In Start comprehensively practising algebra, equations, and inequalities lessons.
How to Crack SAT in 3 Months: Week 2
- In the 2nd week, you need to practice Algebra, Equations, and Inequality based questions.
- Revise those concepts where you are making mistakes more than often.
- Practice 10 random practice questions.
- Practice questions from any two writing passages. There are 22 questions you need to practice this week from 2 different tasks.
- Make use of online resources, watch youtube tutorials, read books which have chapters on all the topics.
How to Crack SAT in 3 Months: Week 3
- Review at least 3 lessons on advanced mathematics, start practicing trigonometry based questions.
- Start solving mixed-bag questions and revise previously learned concepts.
- Practice writing passages. Read newspaper and journal articles. Keep a tap of it until you appear for the test.
Also read: SAT Eligibility Criteria
How to Crack SAT in 3 Months: Week 4
- Apart from Complex Numbers, pay attention to questions based on Arithmetic.
- Practice 30-40 random based questions from every section.
- Devote at least 2-3 hours and solve questions based on comprehension passages.
- Read subject-based articles or newspaper editorials and summarise what you read. This will not help improve vocabulary but will also boost your writing skills.
How to Crack SAT in 3 Months: Week 5-8
- Put everything on paper, whatever you have learned so far, from SAT mathematics, reading to writing. Give as many mock tests as you can.
- Revise the College Board’s official practice guide.
Preparation Strategies: Week 9-12
- Do a supplement reading.
- Practice coordinate geometry lessons.
- Revise statistics lessons and ensure you are doing meticulous supplemental reading
- Read longer-form pieces and practice questions on the same.
- Keep an official SAT study guide handy. In this book, you will find problems and their explanations.
- This is the time to solve full-fledged mock tests.
Books for SAT Preparation
Now that you have a comprehensive understanding of how to crack SAT in 3 months, here are some of the essential book which can help you score well in the exam!
|Official SAT Practice Tests||The College Board||Buy here|
|SAT Prep Black Book, Second Edition||Patrick Barrett||Buy here|
|The Critical Reader: The Complete Guide to SAT Reading||Erica L. Meltzer||Buy here|
|SAT Math Prep Book||Test Prep Books||Buy here|
|The Ultimate Guide to SAT Grammar||Erica L. Meltzer||Buy here|
Yes, three months of study time is enough to crack the SAT examination. However, you should study from limited yet good resources, be organised, and should stick to your schedule.
You should study at least for 1 to 2 hours every day.
Still apprehensive about how to crack SAT In 3 months? Then don’t worry! Enroll in Leverage Edu’s Live Online classes for SAT where not only your doubts will be addressed through one-on-one sessions from industry experts but you will also get to practice 100+ questions! Hurry up, book your online classes slot now!