Full-Stack Development is a growing, and aspiring career choice for many. Full-stack developers work on the frontend, backend, database, and debugging of web applications or websites. The demand for professionalism in this field is increasing tremendously as the world is going virtual. If you’re someone who is fascinated by tech-related jobs such as web development and wants to know a bit more about full-stack development, then you’re at the right place. Read on for more insight into how to become a full-stack developer, what full-stack developers do, and more.
This Blog Includes:
Decoding Full Stack Development
The very first step to understanding full-stack development is to understand that a full stack developer creates both the client and server software that is:
- Front end web development (Client Side)
- Back end web development (Server Side)
Front End Development
Front end development is everything you get to see on a webpage i.e the website’s logo, the overall layout of the page, search bar, buttons and the user interaction with the web page. Front-end developers are also responsible for Responsive Web Design (RWD) which allows them to create impressive web pages that look good on all devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs.
Back End Development
Back end web developer creates elements and features that a user access by implication through the application created by a front end developer. Back end developers work with databases, create servers and application programming interfaces, so when a user interacts with the website and submit any kind of credentials it automatically gets processed and maintained by the back end i.e server side.
Full Stack Developer
The role of a Full Stack Developer is heterogeneous. A full stack developer possess knowledge of both sides i.e front and back end web development and are experts who work on all the steps of the software including web design, maintaining database, back end operations, and software deployment which refers to the procedure of making the application work on the targeted device.
To excel in the role of a Full stack developer, formal education alone doesn’t work you’re supposed to have an extensive knowledge of various skills. Listed below are skills you must possess to become a full-stack developer:
- For Back-end web development, you need to have knowledge of languages like python, PHP, Ruby, etc, and should be able to work with web protocols such as HTTP, SOAP, and architectural style REST.
- For Databases, you must have a good understanding of storage system servers like MySQL, Oracle, and others.
Some other must-have skills as a full stack developer are:
- Great Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Effective Leadership qualities
How to become a Full Stack Developer?
To become a Full Stack Developer, you must possess the above-mentioned skills, and a degree is not a necessary requirement, however, a degree in computer science or computer engineering can help you develop technical and other necessary skills expertise in Full Stack Development. You can pursue a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related majors. According to Stack Overflow’s Developers Study, 2020 it was reported that the most popular majors of full stack developers were:
- Computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering
- Engineering discipline, such as civil, electrical, or mechanical
- Information systems, information technology, or system administration
- Natural sciences, such as biology, chemistry, or physics
- Web development or web design
Check out: Top Web Designing Course
Top Universities in the World
Listed below are some of the top universities abroad offering Bachelors in Computer Science:
- Stanford University, USA
- Harvard University, USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Yale University, USA
- Columbia University, USA
- Monash University, Australia
- Pennsylvania State University, USA
- University of Alberta, Canada
- University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Australian National University, Australia
Best Colleges in India
Listed below are some of the best institutes in India offering Bachelors in Computer Science:
- VIT, Vellore, India
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Delhi University, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
How much do a Full Stack Developer earn?
The average salary of a Full Stack Developer in the popular countries and India is mentioned below:
|Full-Stack Developer||Average Salary per year|
|India||INR 5 – 10 lakhs|
University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of British Columbia and McGill University are some of the best universities to study bachelor’s in computer science in Canada. Check out how to pursue computer science at McGill University.
will take 4 years to complete a bachelor’s degree in computer science at Yale University, USA.
No. You can actually become a full stack developer without having to pursue a bachelor’s degree in a related field. However, you must possess extensive knowledge and skills.
Are you planning to study to become a full stack developer? Reach out to our Leverage Edu’s experts. Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with a great counseling session. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.