The University of Canada West (UCW) was founded in 2004. Located in downtown Vancouver, UCW is known for its innovative and professional programs that train students to be career-ready and professional. UCW is recognized as one of Canada‘s top universities and is known worldwide for its Business and Management courses. The University Canada West is the right choice for you if you want to get an internationally-recognised degree such as the University Canada West’s Hospitality and Tourism Course which is among the top-ranked courses in Canada. Keep reading this blog for detailed information about pursuing a Hospitality and Tourism course from University Canada West.
|Nature of University||Private|
|Intakes||Winter, Summer, Fall, Spring|
|Total number of nationalities (of students on campus)||110+|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Language Tests||IELTS – Minimum band 6|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose University Canada West?
- Ranking of University Canada West
- Hospitality and Tourism Course Overview at University Canada West
- Hospitality and Tourism Course Details at University Canada West
- Subjects Included in Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality and Tourism Options at University Canada West
- Eligibility for Hospitality and Tourism at University Canada West
- Academic Qualifications
- Admission Deadline
- Entry Requirement for Hospitality and Tourism at University Canada West
- Hospitality and Tourism Fees at University Canada West
- Application Process at University Canada West
- Living Cost at University Canada West
- Scholarships at University Canada West
- Placements at University Canada West
- Average Salary at University Canada West
- Recruiting Companies at University Canada West
Why Choose University Canada West?
- UCW is recognized by The Education Quality Assurance (EQA), BC Transfer System (BCCAT), EduCanada, Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), NCMA, American Marketing Association, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) and BC Tech Association for services to higher education in Canada.
- It is also accredited by ACBSP for its MBA program and Bachelor of Commerce programs, and Languages Canada for University Access Courses.
- University Canada West offers admission to 3 undergraduate programs, a world-renowned ACBSP program and an NCMA-accredited graduate-level MBA course.
- 96% of UCW students are working or have a job waiting for them within a year of graduation.
Ranking of University Canada West
|Best Global Universities||#294|
|Best Global Universities in Canada||#10|
Hospitality and Tourism Course Overview at University Canada West
- Learn more about business in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Concepts and issues within this industry, as well as growth trends and connections between them
- Importance of building beneficial and long-term relationships with customers through the principles and strategies of Customer Service
- Developing problem-solving skills in preparation for meeting customer expectations
- Developing excellent service skills that result in the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Food and beverage management principles for quality service and increased productivity that meets consumer demands
- Business ethics and marketing strategies to solve problems in real-time
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Hospitality and Tourism Course Details at University Canada West
Four years full-time. There are four terms – Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.
Subjects Included in Hospitality and Tourism
- Tourism Management
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- Service Marketing
- Operations Management
- Introduction to Business Ethics
- Computing Science
- Social Sciences
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to them.
Hospitality and Tourism Options at University Canada West
|Hospitality and Tourism Options||Duration|
|Associate of Arts Degree||2 years|
|BCom or BA in Business Communication||2 years|
Eligibility for Hospitality and Tourism at University Canada West
University Canada West offers Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, and Associate of Arts programs. Indian students applying for admission to the University Canada West must present their High School Certificate with a passing score of 60-64% or above.
Indian Students Eligibility
Passed degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution with 50-55% or CGPA 6.0 or more.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from Non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs
Entry Requirement for Hospitality and Tourism at University Canada West
- Completed online application form
- High School Academic Transcripts
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (if any)
- Certified English Translations
- Degree certificate
- English Language Proficiency scores
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores
Hospitality and Tourism Fees at University Canada West
The tuition fee for one year is $36,540. (INR 29L)
Application Process at University Canada West
- Visit the official website of the institution
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications
- Fill in the details of your employment history
- Fill in your personal statement
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees
Documents Required at University Canada West
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Living Cost at University Canada West
|Phone and Internet||720-1,800|
|Book, supplies, and miscellaneous||1,500-2,500|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at University Canada West
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Scholarships for Academic Excellence||CAD 6,000 (INR 3 Lakh)||Yes|
|Second Language Excellence Scholarship||CAD 2,000 (INR 1 Lakh)||Yes|
Placements at University Canada West
96% of graduates have found a job within a year of graduating. The university offers free hands-on workshops including networking skills and personal branding. 67% of UCW graduates have secured a job within a month of graduation.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at University Canada West
According to PayScale, the average salary of University Canada West graduates is $39,858 (INR 31L) per year.
Recruiting Companies at University Canada West
- Liberty Mutual
- Pratt and Whitney
Admission sessions at University Canada West are Fall (October), Winter (January), Spring (April), and Summer (July).
International students studying in Canada can work up to 20 hours per week during their studies if they are enrolled in a full-time program for at least six months.
It will take 15-20 business days to receive the offer letter from the University of Canada West after you have selected the program and submitted the non-refundable application fee of CAD 150 (INR 8,000).
This was about Hospitality and Tourism at the University of Canada West. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting!