Scholarships are the means to a brighter future. It gives people a chance to access quality education and at the best universities in the world. Financial assistance is vital to students as they may have trouble paying for the degree. Student loans can be hefty amounts to be paid and scholarships can save the student from that. This is what Holland’s Scholarship provides as well. Let’s find out about it in more detail!
Table of contents
What is a Holland Scholarship?
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. It is for the international students that reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s at Dutch universities.
Some of the important features of this scholarship:
- Academic merit is one of the main points for the selection for the Holland Scholarships.
- A scholarship amount of 5,000 EUR to 15,000 EUR is awarded based on the enrolled university. The grant is given for one year and it can be received once.
- It is to note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship waiver. This scholarship is awarded against first-year tuition fees.
- It is to be kept in mind that all bachelor’s or master’s programs that are available do not come under the scholarships. Do keep a note of all the participating universities that are covered by the Holland Scholarships.
Also Read: Top Ranked Universities in Netherlands
Holland Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
Along with admission to any of the participating universities, to be considered for the Holland Scholarships, the applicants must fulfill the following criteria.
- The nationality should be non-EEA.
- The application should be for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- There are specific requirements of the institution you choose to apply for. Make sure that you fulfil the requirements before applying for the scholarship .
- It is necessary that you have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands to apply for the scholarship.
Holland Scholarship: Application Process
It is necessary that the candidates who apply for the scholarship are accepted at the university in the Netherlands for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s program.
- Choose a course and institution and make sure they are a part of the Holland’s scholarship programme. It is important to check the criteria as there are different criterias for different universities.
- After the completion of the scholarship application form, the student must check the confirmation of admission, which is different for different universities. After the student gets the admission, submit the application form for the scholarship along with the required documents.
Also Read: Orange Tulip Scholarship
The selection for the Holland scholarship is based on the factors such as academic merit and the financial need of the candidate. The stages for the selection process are as follows:
- Application to be accepted and pre-selected via the university applied to by the candidate.
- The body that is responsible for sponsoring the scholarships reviews the application files of shortlisted applicants.
- Students selected for the scholarship are announced separately.
- The scholarship amount is transferred to a Dutch account once the student reaches the university. It is necessary for the scholarship holders to get a student visa to the Netherlands.
Every university awards a different number of scholarships and it is announced on the respective university websites.
The table highlights the scholarship amount for students enrolled in various universities.
|University||Amount (in EUR)|
|Leiden University||5,000 (Rs 44498.54)|
|Utrecht University||5,000; 10,000 or 15,000|
|Erasmus University Rotterdam||5,000; 10,000 or 15,000|
|Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam||5,000|
|University of Twente||5,000|
This was all about Holland Scholarship! This information can help you to apply to a university and even gain the dream scholarship for your education. So, all the best! For doubts and other queries, let us know in the comments down below or book a free session with our Leverage Edu experts. Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram.