Do you aspire to study in UK and want to pursue your higher education or postgraduation from the prestigious and honoured universities in the land of English? Welcome to the clan of thousands of students who each day wish for fulfilling this dream and we aim to help them in fulfilling their dreams. Finding the right scholarship for the same can be a difficult task but we are here to help you explore the best scholarships for Indian students to studying in UK! This blog brings you a comprehensive guide on GREAT Scholarships by the British Council for Indian students, its applications 2021, dates and notifications and more!
Related Read: Study in UK Without IELTS
This Blog Includes:
About GREAT Scholarships
GREAT Scholarships are jointly funded by the Great Britain Campaign of the British Government and the British Council with the participating British higher education institutions. According to the British Council, students of the following countries can apply for this Scholarship:
- Sri Lanka
|Scholarship Name||GREAT Scholarship|
|Authority||British Council of India|
|Scholarship Amount||10,000 GBP|
|Participating colleges in 2021-22||27|
Explore Chevening Scholarships in UK
GREAT Scholarships Deadline 2021
Here are the application deadlines for the GREAT Scholarships India 2021:
|University||Last Date to Apply|
|University of Derby||June 1, 2021|
|University of Warwick||June 1 2021|
|University of Bath||April 26, 2021|
|Robert Gordon University`||June 11, 2021|
|Sheffield Hallam University||May 31, 2021|
|Cranfield University||May 1, 2021|
|University of Reading||May 7, 2021|
|University of Hull||May 31, 2021|
|University of Edinburgh||April 26, 2021|
|University of Nottingham||April 9, 2021|
|University of College London||April 21, 2021|
|University of Stirling||May 3, 2021|
Note: The application deadline 2021 for more universities will be updated soon.
GREAT Scholarships offers 60 scholarships from universities in the United Kingdom, covering a variety of field of study and subjects for Indian students. Each scholarship is worth at least £10,000 or INR 9,84,759.50 towards one-year tuition fee for a postgraduate course.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, GREAT scholarships for postgraduate courses are being offered at the following universities in UK:
- University College London
- University of Bath
- University of Cambridge
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Hull
- University of Kentucky
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Warwick
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Cranfield University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Agricultural University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Staffordshire University
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Ulster University
In order to be eligible for the GREAT Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be an Indian citizen.
- Have an undergraduate degree which will allow you to enter a postgraduate (teaching) program at a university in the UK.
- Aiming to pursue a postgraduate degree at a UK university
- Active on the ground with proven work experience or interest in the field.
- Meet the English language requirement (IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE etc.) of the UK university where getting enrolled.
How to Apply?
Here is the complete application process you need to follow for GREAT Scholarship:
- Filter the Universities from the above-given list where you want to pursue your postgraduation from.
- Know about the detailed information about the scholarships on offer in these universities.
- Apply for individual scholarships by following the instructions on each university’s scholarship webpage.
- The deadline for submitting a Scholarship varies by university.
- Each university will notify the successful and eligible scholar of the results.
- Scholarships will be awarded to scholars that are being selected by universities after registration.
Now that you are aware of the application process of the scholarship, the next step is the selection process. The applicants that have fulfilled the eligibility criteria only those applications are moved forward to be reviewed by the British Council scholarship panel or the respective university. The selected applicants are informed via mail or letter. The funding is only processed after applicants have registered in the institution for higher education.
Applicants have to perform three responsibilities after getting a scholarship. Here is the list :
- Scholars have to perform well in both academic and extracurricular activities. Attend lectures, and tutorials regularly.
- Share valuable experience and promoting UK higher education. Scholars have to act as an ambassador for UK higher education.
- Students have to attend various events such as networking events along with scholars and express views and opinions about studying in the UK so that the official authority can capture the perceptions of studying in the UK.
The scholarship covers the one-year amount of postgraduate tuition fees.
Is GREAT scholarship valid for undergraduate degrees as well?
No, it is only for masters in the UK
The grade above 3.0 GPA has higher chances of getting a scholarship
There are many universities offering various scholarships to their international students that cover travel expenses, accommodation, tuition fees, and much more.
The amount of scholarship is 10,000 GBP
There are about 27 universities in the year 2021-22 offering GREAT scholarships to its international students.
On this note, we conclude our blog on GREAT Scholarships. We hope that you have all the essential information you need to apply for this scholarship by the British Council. If you want to pursue higher studies in the UK, our Leverage Edu experts are here to provide you with the best guidance on courses, universities, scholarships and further admission process. Sign up for a free session with us today!