The road to achievement is a lengthy and tedious one, and reward awaits those who have patience and perseverance. There is never one sure shot road to success, but there are certain tried and tested ways that promise success. Experience and education go hand in hand and weigh equally in shaping up your career. How you navigate all the choices and move forward is how you determine your career path. An MBA (Masters in Business Administration) is a vital degree and although most students have other choices. Due to this reason, a GMAT exam holds a lot of value and is key to a good MBA college. Before moving on to the GMAT Paper Pattern, let’s understand why GMAT is important and how it helps in pursuing management programs.
Why is GMAT Important?
The GMAT exam is an essential test for admission to management programs across the globe. It tests whether the student has the observational and analytical skills required to enroll for the world’s top management programs. This exam’s results are reliable and accepted in most of the universities. With the usage of the latest technology, the marks are awarded fairly and the paper is checked in a thorough manner. The GMAT paper pattern is accurately set to match students with their correct corresponding programs. The integrated reasoning section was introduced in 2012, to make sure that the would be management students have the skills necessary to survive the technologically advanced work scenario.
How Does GMAT Help in Management Programs?
GMAT is equally important for the university offering management programs as well as the students. This is the entrance examination one writes to get admission for MBA in India or colleges abroad. This assessment is a good way to acquire a scholarship to one’s dream college. The better the scores, the better the scholarship offered to you. This exam is a way for the universities to scrutinize students by comparing them and making a decision based on the scores. Universities are also graded based on the GMAT score of the students joining, the more students in the university with a good GMAT score, the better rank the university gets.
GMAT Paper Pattern
The GMAT paper is for three and a half hours. The GMAT Paper Pattern consists of four sections namely:
1. Integrated Reasoning
2. Analytical writing assessment
3. Verbal Reasoning
4. Quantitative Reasoning
Each section has a specified time in which that section with its number of questions, is to be attempted. There is a choice for a break in between the three and a half hours. Two breaks are offered which are based on the choice of the candidate. The number of questions and the time limit in which they need to be attempted are as follows:
1. Integrated reasoning: This part needs to be answered in 30 mins exactly. There are 12 questions in total.
2. Analytical Writing Assessment: This section too needs to be attempted in 30 mins, even though there is only one question that needs to be attempted. This was recently introduced, as opposed to two questions in this section.
3. Verbal Reasoning: This part has 36 questions that need to be answered in the time frame of 65 mins, i.e. 1 hour and 5 mins.
4. Quantitative Reasoning: This section needs to be completed in 62 mins, by answering 31 questions in total.
There are a total of 91 questions in the paper. The paper can be attempted in English language only and there is no negative marking for any question in the test.
There is also an option for choosing the sequence of the paper in which you want to attempt. There are only three sequence options in which the paper can be attempted:
- Verbal Reasoning, quantitative reasoning, integrated reasoning, and analytical writing assessment.
- Quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, integrated reasoning, and analytical writing assessment.
- Analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning.
GMAT examination is sure to decide the next course of your life. How well you understand the GMAT Paper Pattern and how you write the examination on D-day, is what will take you closer to your dreams. Let Leverage Edu help you get an inch closer to that dream.