Glasgow Caledonian University is a vibrant, innovative and high-quality teaching aimed university. It has campuses in two prime locations of the UK- London, Glasgow and in New York, USA. Did you know Glasgow Caledonian University’s main campus is one of the biggest campuses in the UK? The campus located in Glasgow is the 4th-largest university in the UK. The university has become a popular choice among international students, it is home to over 20,000 students from 100 countries. Let’s explore the Glasgow Caledonian University acceptance rate, admission process and more.
This Blog Includes:
Know about the 10 Biggest Culture Shocks for International Students in UK!
Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University has affiliations with IET, EI, CIWEM, InstMC, ACCA, CMI, HCPC, IBMS and NMC. The main campus is situated in the eighth-best city in the world according to Timeout 2019- Glasgow. The University’s motto is ‘University for the Common Good’. The University dates back to the founding of Glasgow School of Cookery in 1875. It is one of the most dynamic universities with over 15,000 students from all over the world. There are two campuses in the UK and one in New York City. The university believes in the power of knowledge in changing the world. It aims at making each student a changemaker and leader of the future. With more than 20,000 students from over 100 countries, Glasgow Caledonian University is a purpose-built university.
Also Read: University of Glasgow Acceptance Rate
Glasgow Caledonian University Rankings
Before jumping onto the Glasgow Caledonian University acceptance rate, let’s highlight some of the international and national rankings that the university has earned:
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#1001-1200|
|The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022||#601–800|
|Times University Guide 2022||#60|
|Guardian University Guide 2022||#69|
Glasgow Caledonian University Acceptance Rate
The student-faculty ratio at Glasgow Caledonian University is 21:1. There are over 2,000 international students who study here presently. The acceptance rate of Glasgow Caledonian University is 23%. This acceptance rate of 23% clearly depicts that out of every 100 applications that the university gets, only 23 applicants get a chance to study at the Glasgow Caledonia University. This goes on to show that it provides high-quality education to students who show charisma and character. With more than 140 years of academic success, it is a university that is aimed at embracing traditional ways while bringing change to the world.
Glasgow Caledonian University Admission Requirements
After knowing about the Glasgow Caledonian University acceptance rate, let’s now know more about the admission requirements for Indian students to study at this university
- The UK honours degree 2:1 (or equivalent) or master’s degree with research skills relevant to your chosen research project or PhD topic
- Equivalent professional qualifications and any appropriate research experience will be considered
- English language level of IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent) with no element below 6.0.
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. To study at Glasgow Caledonian University, students must apply from the official website for master courses and through UCAS for bachelor courses. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the UK! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to start your application process through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, UK students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Work Experience (For some courses)
- Essays (if asked)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
- Passport copy
Here’s a list of all the essential Documents Required for Applying to UK
The University aims at providing quality education to the students and to make them into world leaders who think about moving beyond. Here is information about some of these courses-
- MBA– The MBA aims at providing experienced professionals with the next step in their career where they learn to manage various people, teams and projects. This course undertakes the integral tools needed to run a business successfully.
- Computing– Glasgow Caledonian University provides a variety of different computing courses which would help students in building their skills in fields of data science, information technology, gaming, etc.
- Public Health– Courses such as nursing and many more in the niche of public health are offered at Glasgow Caledonian University. These are in alignment to their goals of making their students changemakers.
- Business Management– Business Management courses at Glasgow Caledonian University help students build on their knowledge of managing different aspects of a business. Unlike an MBA, this course can be taken by students who do not have any experience.
- Construction & Surveying– Construction and Surveying play an integral role in he societal development. Glasgow Caledonian University offers this course for anyone who would be interested in pursuing a career in this field.
- Physiotherapy– Physiotherapy as a part of physical therapy is often overlooked. The market for physiotherapists is booming but the number of people entering this field is less. In order to curb this, Glasgow Caledonian University is providing this course.
Cost of Studying
Average Fees for some of the most famous courses is listed below:
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees|
|MBA||12 Months||INR 14.7L – 17.5L|
|BBA||4 Years||INR 12.4L|
|BSc||4 Years||INR 12.4L|
|MIM||1 – 2 Years||INR 12.7L – 14.7L|
|MS||12 – 13 Months||INR 12.7L – 13.7L|
|BE/Btech||2 – 4 Years||INR 11.6L – 12.4L|
|Other Courses||1 – 4 Years||INR 11.1L – 13.7L|
Glasgow Caledonian University Accommodation
All international students are provided on-campus accommodation in Caledonian Court, which has 660 rooms grouped in apartments of 6 to 8 people. Private en-suite amenities are offered in 340 rooms, with only a few double rooms, and it is also ranked #1 in Scotland for pricing. The gym and health and exercise centre, as well as various cafés and campus stores, are all within walking distance, and the city centre is only a short distance away.
According to student ratings on Studyportals, the greatest source to find out how students assess their study and living experiences at universities all around the globe, Glasgow Caledonian University is placed 601 in Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings and has an overall score of 4.2 stars.
The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021 have selected Glasgow Caledonian University as one of the best universities in the world once again. The university was ranked in the 601-800 band, which is the same as the previous year.
With approximately 17,000 students, Glasgow Caledonian University has grown to become one of Scotland’s major institutions. Risk Management, E-Business, and International Fashion Marketing are just a few of the unique programmes developed by Glasgow School for Business and Society.
Glasgow Caledonian University is noted for its strong industry ties, and many of its courses are accredited by professional associations and include work experience opportunities. Glasgow Caledonian University is also notable for being the first to provide specialised degrees in consumer protection, tourist management, and fashion marketing.
This was all about the Glasgow Caledonian University acceptance rate. If you are someone who is planning to study at Glasgow Caledonian University, then it’s time to fasten your seatbelts. The experts at Leverage Edu are just a call away to provide you with all the guidance and mentorship that will make your dream to study abroad a reality. Call us on 1800-57-2000 and book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session!