Want to study at Ghent University but are worried about expenses? This blog about the Ghent University scholarship will help you achieve your dream! Located in Flanders, Belgium, Ghent University is one of the largest universities in the country. It was established by Dutch William I in the 19th century (1817). It is a public research university institution with a focus on social causes. Abbreviated as UGent, it consistently rates among the top 100 universities of the world. Let’s explore Ghent university scholarships, eligibility and much more!
|Name of the University||Ghent University abbreviated as UGent|
|Program Offered||Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate|
|Global Ranking||QS- 141
This Blog Includes:
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a 19th-century university in Belgium. It is a public research university established by King William I. It is one of the largest universities in the Dutch-speaking area. Ghent University consists of 11 faculties and over 130 individual departments. It provides in-depth research opportunities with over 200 courses, especially in the scientific domain. It is recognised for excellent research and innovation in Biotechnology, Microelectronics, Aquaculture, and History. Ghent University maintains Zwijnaarde Science Park and Greenbridge Science Park. UGent has one international campus in Songdo, South Korea. It is a member of Santander Network and the U4 Network. It caters to 14% international students with a 100% acceptance rate. Every year around 7000 students from 100 nations get admission to the university. The career Service Center of Ghent University offers many resources to the students and alumni for connecting with potential employers.
Ghent University Scholarships
Some of the Ghent University Scholarships are mentioned below-
Master Mind Scholarship
The government of Flanders awards scholarships to academically outstanding students in the master’s program. For the mastermind scholarship only academically admitted students will be considered.
- Scholarship Funding Amount: GBP 8,400 (approx. INR 700, 678)
- Eligibility: The applicant should have a high GPA (3.5/4.0) and good knowledge of the English Language
- Application Process: The master Mind Scholarship is incorporated into the normal application scheme to obtain admission. A student can only apply after being selected by the master’s program coordinator
- Selection Criteria: University International relations office submits a shortlist of 20 applicants to the Flemish Government for the final decision
Top-Up Grant Scholarship
A top-up Grant Scholarship is given by Ghent university to PG students. OESO-DAC countries students are preferred by the university. Top-up Grant scholarships help to encourage to enlist of female candidates in the master’s program. Students who follow a preparatory or linking program can’t receive a top-up grant.
- Scholarship Funding Amount: Monthly allowance of 1000 GBP (approx. INR 97,516)
- Eligibility: Bachelor Degree when applying for Master Program, Master Degree when applying for Double master’s. No Strict age limit, although below 40 years are preferred
- Application Process: Student Can’t apply by himself. There is no open call for these grants, they are incorporated in the normal application scheme to obtain admission. Selection of students based on the program they choose to study
- Selection Criteria: The course coordinator of the programme proposes the top 3 applicants and shares their names with the Committee for Development Cooperation (CDC). CDC then share the well-founded recommendation with the Executive Committee of Ghent University
Special Research Fund
Special Research Fund is mainly for PhD pursuing students of Ghent University. University wants to encourage more female researchers to apply for this scholarship. Exchange program students cannot apply for this scholarship. It is provided by Ghent University.
- Scholarship Funding Amount: 310 GBP (approx. 30, 226 INR) monthly for research.
- Eligibility: PhD degree students
- Application Process: Application forms must be submitted (in English) via email to BOF firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor Programme
- Linking Programme
- Preparatory Programme
- Master Programme
- Advanced Master Programme
- Post Graduate Programme
- Permanent Training Programme
- Doctorate Programme
|Bachelor Programme||GBP 2940 (approx. INR 2.86 Lakhs)|
|Master Programme||GBP 3806 – GBP 11762 (approx. INR 3.71 – 11.47 Lakhs)|
|Doctorate||GBP 960 per year (approx. INR 93,626 )|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Cost of Living in Belgium
Living cost in Belgium varies from city to city, it’s between EUR 700 – 1300 (INR 56k – 1 lakh) per month.
|Accommodation||EUR 200-700 (INR 16k – INR 56k)|
|Food Costs||EUR 300 (INR 24k)|
|Transportation||EUR 50 (INR 4k)|
|Entertainment||EUR 50 (INR 4k)|
|Health Insurance||EUR 20 – 30 (INR 1.6k – 2.4k)|
Calculate the cost of living with our cost of living calculator.
Biotechnology, Microelectronics, Aquaculture, and History are the best courses offered by Ghent University.
It caters to 14% international students with a 100% acceptance rate.
Ghent University is the only European university with an international campus in Sondogo, South Korea.
This was all about Ghent University Scholarship. Are you planning to study abroad but not sure where to start? Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end guidance from application to the Visa process.