By taking a free career counselling session, we strive to get a deeper understanding of our career prospects, goals and aspirations. These type of sessions are crucial for both students as well as working professionals because they can help them gain clarity about how they can proceed further in their career journey. While the option of doing research by yourself and exploring your options is always there in the digital age, professional guidance by an expert can provide you validated knowledge that often online websites lack. Through this blog, we aim to explore the notion of free career counselling and how it can equip you with the right guidance to make your way towards your chosen career.
This Blog Includes:
Before opting for a session with an expert counsellor, the first question you should know the answers to is “What is career counselling?” because without understanding its basic concept, you will certainly end up with higher expectations from the session. First of all, career counselling is not just for students but is also for working as well as experienced professionals who might be looking out to change their career paths or rather going through a bad phase. Further, the role of a counsellor has become multifold in the contemporary education system. Many schools and colleges set free career counselling sessions for students to help them comprehend their career choices and decisions. A career counsellor can assist you simplify your confusions about your interests and further aid you in channelizing your thoughts in a direction that can provide you with the right edge in your career journey.
Objectives of Career Counselling
To assist you in deciphering the need for career counselling further, let’s take a look at the varied objectives it fulfils, for both students and working professionals:
- It helps you sort out your interests and explore what you are passionate about and what you are good at.
- For those facing career-related stress and anxieties, a counsellor can assist them in gaining clarity of thought and find the most suitable vocations and job opportunities that align with their skills and aspirations.
- It aids you in foreseeing those challenges that you might encounter in your career journey and thus a free career counselling session can equip you with the right guidance to face those events.
- Through assessments like psychometric tests and SWOT analysis that are carried out in educational counselling, individuals are able to explore their skills and abilities and thus locate the suitable career prospects in your chosen field of interest.
Free Career Counselling: Leverage and Beyond
When you are looking for career guidance at any point in your life, Leverage Edu can be your sure-stop destination to provide you with all the assistance you need from exploring academic courses to finding the opportunities. Let’s take a look at the different ways we can help you soar further towards your career path.
- Career Counselling Session: The first thing we ask aspirants to do is take a psychometric test to discover their interests, skills and abilities which is further followed by a personal session with a counsellor who helps them in identifying the suitable career pathways.
- Mentor Guidance: Whether you are appearing for a competitive exam or stuck in study abroad application process, our mentors are always here to guide you at every step of your career journey.
- Admission Guidance: While there are many free career counselling sessions you can avail, admission guidance is not really everyone’s cup of tea. Our Leverage Edu experts stay by your side throughout the admission process from form filling to drafting SOPs and LORs, as well as other application essays. Further, we also assist students in finding suitable accommodation once they have steered through the selection process. Not only this, we also connect you to the alumni of your chosen university abroad so that you can have all your queries answered directly from someone who has pursued education at the institution you are opting for.
- Scholarship Assistance: Financial aid can help you unburden the stress of heavy higher education costs abroad. Our counsellors lend a helping hand to those struggling to fund their dream of higher studies abroad by providing them with the different scholarship schemes that can minimise their tuition fees as well as living costs that might occur while studying abroad.
Now that you are aware of the varied advantages of taking a free career counselling session, it’s time to get yourself registered for one! Sign up for a free 30-minute counselling session with us and let us guide you in your journey towards a rewarding career!