Unlike European Universities, which have three intake seasons, Australia welcomes foreign students twice a year – once in the coming academic year of February and again in July/early August. Yes, it may seem a bit confusing in the beginning but it only lets you choose between the two intakes and find the right fit for you according to your schedule and requirements. With the February 2022 intake in Australia inching closer to the beginning with its applications, here’s the timeline to help you get an idea of how to go about it along with the top institutions in Australia for the Feb 2022 intake.
This Blog Includes:
February Intake Universities and Courses in Australia
When people think of Australia, they see wide open spaces of outback bush, kangaroos, koalas, and clean air. Australia has much more to offer than usual expectations. Many international students are choosing to study in Australia because of its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living. If you are interested in knowing the application process for February intakes in Australia, here is a list of Universities that offer courses during this intake.
|Ranking||Name of Universities||Global Rank||Tuition Fees|
|1||Australian National University (ANU)||31||₹15,00,000 – ₹22,00,000|
|2||University of Sydney||40||₹18,00,000 – ₹24,00,000|
|3||University of Melbourne||41||₹20,00,000 – ₹26,00,000|
|4||University of New South Wales (UNSW)||44||₹16,00,000 – ₹21,00,000|
|5||University of Queensland||46||₹21,00,000 – ₹39,00,000|
|6||Monash University||55||₹20,00,000 – ₹37,00,000|
|7||University of Western Australia||92||₹17,00,000 – ₹23,00,000|
|8||University of Adelaide||106||₹18,00,000 – ₹21,00,000|
|9||University of Technology Sydney||133||₹8,90,000 – ₹30,00,000|
|10||University of Wollongong||196||₹14,00,000 – ₹27,00,000|
Why Choose February Intakes in Australia?
The main reasons for choosing February Intakes in Australian universities by the majority of students are:
- February intake is the Primary (main) Intake in Australia and due to this reason, the maximum number of courses offered by almost every University is during this season.
- If you want to enjoy the authentic college experience then, applying in this session is the best as most of the domestic students also tend to start their first semester during the February intakes.
- You will get to experience most of the social opportunities and clubs after enrolling and attending the orientation session in the February intakes.
When to Apply for February Intakes in Australia?
If you plan on starting your academic session in February, you need to follow the given timeline in order to have a smooth application process.
|April||Research and learn more about all universities and institutions in Australia.|
|June||Prepare for and attempt various standardised tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, or other tests.|
|August – October||Send in your application to the universities you shortlisted.|
|November – December||Wait for the Universities to reply to your applications and send in your respective admissions offer letter.|
|December – January||Research about the different scholarships offered by the University and the federal government.|
|January – February||Book tickets and start your higher education journey in Australia.|
If you wish to apply for the February intakes in Australia, you need to start your application process which has the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a course at an Australian university.
- Must have an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- If you are under 18, you must submit proof of a welfare arrangement.
Here is a list of requirements in order to get an Australian student visa:
- An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
- Meeting the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement
- Proof of Sufficient funds
- English language proficiency scores
- Fulfilling the health and character requirements
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
During this period, you must also start applying for scholarships or apply for an education loan. Studying in Australia gives international students the added advantage of finding more than 3,000 scholarships, on which the Australian government has invested over AUD $300 million.
How to Apply for February Intakes in Australia 2022?
If you have decided to take admission during the February intakes in Australia 2022, you need to make sure that you have all the documents ready and clear all the qualifications before the admission portal opens. So, here are some things that you need to keep in mind while applying to your shortlisted universities.
- The first thing that you need to do when planning on pursuing your higher education in Australia is to find all about the country, its education system, the right program and university for you, and so on.
- Find out the top Australian universities, their tuition fees, if they offer scholarships, what is the application deadline for international students, when the session will begin, what are the application requirements, among other things.
- Make sure you make a list of at least 8-12 universities/ institutions in Australia that have your programme of choice on offer.
- After this, you must appear for the standardised tests depending on the universities you are applying to. Both IELTS and TOEFL are widely accepted at Australian universities for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes. Some Universities also accept scores of PTE Academics.
- For admission to programmes in the fields of medicine, dentistry, veterinary science and physiotherapy at Australian universities, you would be required to submit the scores of the International Student Admissions Test (ISAT).
- If you are applying for undergraduate courses, you will have to submit the Indian equivalent of the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (10+2).
- For postgraduate courses, you must have completed at least one degree at the undergraduate level. Prior research or relevant work experience may also be required.
- Before confirming your acceptance, read the letter thoroughly and have a clear understanding of everything that it says. Also, make a copy of it for your reference.
- You would also be required to pay your deposit, after which you will receive an ‘Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) by email, which will contain details such as start date of the course, total course fees, total duration of the course, and more.
Choosing the right intake can play a significant role in your entire abroad study experience. For the right application process, it is important to know all about it. Our experts at Leverage Edu can assist you through the entire application process and choosing the right course. To know more about our abroad study services, connect with us on 1800-572-000.