The Food Corporation of India (FCI) is one of the largest Public Sector Undertakings, which ensures the food safety of the nation. Every year, the FCI conducts the FCI Exams to hire candidates for its multiple roles. This year, FCI has released notifications for the post of manager on its official website.
FCI has started the hiring process for the manager posts in various departments all over India for the year 2023.
Interested and eligible candidates can visit the official FCI website.
|Name of Exam||FCI Manager Recruitment Exam 2023|
|Organising Body||Food Corporation of India|
|Job location||Pan India|
|No. of vacancies||89|
|Selection process||Stage IStage IIInterviewTraining|
This Blog Includes:
What is the FCI Manager Exam?
The FCI manager exam is a national-level competitive exam which is conducted by the Food Corporation of India for hiring eligible candidates for the posts of manager in various departments. The role of the Food Corporation of India is to ensure the food safety of the country. The various departments for which this exam is conducted include:
- Mechanical Department
- Civil Department
- Electrical Department
- Accounting Department
- Technical Movement Department.
FCI Manager Exam Eligibility Criteria
While filing the application form for the post of FCI Manager, candidates have to be aware of the Eligibility Criteria like Age, Educational qualification, Nationality, etc.
- Educational Qualifications:
The required educational qualification depends from post to post that the candidate is applying for. The minimum educational qualification required for various posts in the FCI Manager Recruitment drive is as follows:
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Educational Criteria|
|Manager(General)||A||Graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Manager(Depot)||B||Graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Manager(Movements)||C||Graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Manager(Accounts)||D||Candidate must be a recognized member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).|
|Manager(Technical)||E||B.Tech in Food Science/ B.Sc in Agriculture, Agriculture engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, etc. from a recognized university.|
|Manager(Civil Engineering)||F||Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university|
|Manager(Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering)||G||A graduation degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering from a reputed university.|
- Nationality: Candidates who satisfy the following nationality conditions are eligible for the exam:
- Must be a citizen of India.
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before 1st January 1962.
- An Indian-origin person who has migrated to another country.
- Age Limit:
- Candidates should be at least 21 years old. (as of 1st August 2022).
- Candidates should not be more than 28 years old. (as of 1st august 2022).
FCI Manager Application Process 2023
The application process for the FCI manager exam is completely online. Eligible candidates can apply for the available posts on the official website of FCI by following the steps given below-
- Visit the official website of FCI.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ and enter information like name, date of birth, education qualification, etc to complete the registration process.
- After completing the registration process, a unique registration number will be allotted to the candidate.
- Enter other details like guardians’ names, scanned matriculation certificate, 12th standard mark sheet, and graduation certificate.
- Upload scanned passport-size photograph and signature.
- Click on the ‘Save and Next’ button for fee payment.
- Pay the Application Fee either online or offline (by generating a challan which has to be paid in cash in any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI)) and then click on “Submit” to finish the application process.
FCI Manager Vacancy 2023
For the post of Manager in the Food Corporation of India (FCI), the organization has announced 89(tentative) vacancies. The table below will give you a detailed description of all the vacancies in different departments of FCI.
|Available Posts||No. of Vacancies|
|Assistant General Manager (Administration)||30|
|Assistant General Manager (Law)||8|
|Assistant General Manager (Technical)||27|
|Assistant General Manager (Accounts)||22|
FCI Manager Salary
The salary of an FCI Manager is very generous and considered one of the reasons why this job is valued so much.
The table given below shows the salary structure of the Managers in various departments of the FCI:
|Post Name||Monthly Salary (INR)|
|General Administration Manager||60,000-1.8 lakhs|
|Medical Officer||50,000-1.6 lakhs|
FCI Manager Exam Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for FCI Manager depends on the available posts. Here is a post-wise syllabus:
|Name of the Post||Syllabus|
|Assistant General Manager (Law)||
|Assistant General Manager (Accounts)||
|Assistant General Manager (Technical)||
FCI Manager Exam Pattern 2023
The recruitment process for FCI manager 2023 will consist of an online test and an interview.
Post code A:
- There will be 180 questions from General Aptitude.
- This exam will have a duration of 150 minutes (2hr 30min).
Post Code B, C, D, and E:
- These exams will consist of questions from General aptitude and Relevant Technical disciplines.
- For the General Aptitude section, there will be 120 multiple-choice questions each carrying 0.5 marks.
- And Relevant Technical disciplines will consist of 60 multiple-choice questions, each carrying 2 marks.
FCI Manager Admit Card 2023
After 15-18 days, the officials of FCI release the admit card which the candidates have to download from the official website of the Food Corporation of India.
While downloading the FCI Admit Card, students have to enter details like Registration Number and Date of Birth. The Admit Card will contain details like:
- Date and Venue of the Exam
- Roll number
- Parents/Guardians’ names and
Yes, the FCI Manager Exam is conducted annually by the Food Corporation of India to recruit candidates for the post of manager in various departments.
The level of difficulty of the FCI manager exam is moderate.
The highest post to which an employee in FCI can reach is the FCI Deputy General Manager.
Like any other government job, the job of an FCI manager is highly reputed and in demand because of reasons like the high salary, pension schemes, flexible working hours, etc. Every year the FCI exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the post of FCI manager by the food corporation of India.