Cambridge English Certificates (FCE) are in-depth tests that make it fun, productive and rewarding to study English. Its certificates are focused on research into good teaching and learning. They encourage people of all ages and abilities to learn English and develop real-world practical skills. Each exam focuses on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) stage, helping learners step by step to develop their ability to communicate, write, read and listen. Cambridge English Credentials are a symbol of competence, recognised and trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, whatever the aims or goals. Read this blog to know all about FCE Test, its exam pattern, preparations and more!
Also Read: English for Competitive Exams
A B2 First certification indicates that in an English-speaking country you have the language skills to live and work individually or learn on courses taught in English. This exam is the logical step between B1 Preliminary and C1 Advanced in your language learning journey.
When Can You Take the Test?
The FCE exam can be taken in either paper-based or computer-based mode for most months. In March, May, June, August and December, the paper-based exam can be taken. It is possible to take the computer-based exam in February, April, July, August and November. Both forms of test will not be conducted by all test centres.
Must Read: English for Bank Exams
How to Apply For the Examination?
Mentioned below are the steps you can follow to apply for the FCE examination:
1. Choose Your Test
If you are not sure if the FCE exam is right for you, to help you decide, take their free multiple-choice examination. Read more about their wide array of tests for English.
2. Find an Evaluation Center
You will need to register directly with an approved exam centre to take your Cambridge English exam. In over 130 nations, FCE has more than 2,800 centres. Information on Cambridge English examinations about their cost and how you can study for your FCE test will be offered by their review centres.
3. Book your test
You will need to book your exam with them after you have located a nearby exam centre. Throughout the year, test days are available and you can pick whether you take the exam on a computer or on paper.
What is the Degree of difficulty?
The degree of Difficulty of the FCE examination is B2 /Upper Intermediate. The most relevant of the Cambridge examinations is the First certification in English.
There are four parts of the FCE test:
- English Reading & Usage -75 Minutes
- Reading – 2 posts, 80 minutes
- Listening – 40 minutes of listening
- Talking – Interview, usually with another claimant, 14 minutes
FCE Exam Fee
Exam centres determine fees. Be prepared to spend about €160 (INR 13,000).
What is the FCE Exam Conduction Process?
Mentioned below is the procedure for the conduction of the FCE exam. In B2, all aspects of language skill are tested.
- Four papers produced to test your English language skills are included in the revised FCE exam (for exam sessions from January 2015).
- The Speech Interview in the FCE exam, for two contestants and two examiners, is taken face to face. This provides a more practical and accurate indicator of the ability to communicate using English.
How Are the FCE Results Cumulated?
B2 The Cambridge English Scale records the first performance. On each of the four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) and use of English, you will earn a different grade, giving you a good picture of your success. To send you a final outcome for the test, these five scores are summed. A grade level and a Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level will both be provided to you.
Benefits of the FCE exam
Mentioned below are the benefits of the FCE exam:
- More than 20,000 organisations around the world, including universities, governments and companies such as Sony, Bayer and American Express, have approved the Cambridge First credential. More and more people are opting to travel, work and learn in another country in a globalised environment.
- English is a universal language, and once you can show your comprehension of the language, the task of going overseas is much much smoother. For prospective interview applicants, many employers are now setting a minimum standard in English and the Cambridge First credential is widely common as the benchmark.
- Unlike IELTS, TOEFL and other examinations, the Cambridge First qualification has no expiry date.
- This ensures that you only need to do the exam once and can continue to use the credential for a long time, which is important because it can be pricey to take these exams and it is often time-consuming to have to plan.
For students seeking a credential indicating an upper-intermediate level of English, the First Certificate Exam, or FCE, is a widely popular general English exam. It is widely acknowledged and approved as a trustworthy English language test by many institutions and corporations.
The FCE is a very difficult exam that evaluates all aspects of language proficiency, including speaking, listening, reading, and writing. You must complete every activity under time constraints and receive a passing grade of 60%.
One of our Cambridge English Qualifications is B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English: First (FCE). Our most well-liked test is accepted by hundreds of companies and educational institutions throughout the world.
We hope this blog answered all your queries regarding the FCE exam. For more assistance related admission assistance and procedures, contact our experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!