New Zealand is one of the top destinations for students around the world. The world-class education system along with the elevated level of living standards has allowed it to become a hotspot for students. Excellent research opportunities and internationally accredited qualifications, a friendly society and a great support system which are available for all international students make it ideal. One of the many sought-after courses in New Zealand is the Executive MBA. It is designed for experienced individuals who want to further elevate their skills. This blog is an introduction to the executive MBA course in New Zealand.
This Blog Includes:
- What is an Executive MBA?
- Reasons to Study Executive MBA in New Zealand
- Executive MBA vs Regular MBA in New Zealand
- Executive MBA in New Zealand Curriculum
- Executive MBA in New Zealand Eligibility
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying
- Cost of Living in New Zealand
- Scholarships for Executive MBA in New Zealand
- Job Profiles
What is an Executive MBA?
An executive master’s degree in business administration, sometimes known as an Executive MBA or EMBA, is a master’s degree in business administration for professionals with long work experience. This program’s curriculum is very comparable to that of a regular MBA programme. Working executives, managers, entrepreneurs, and other business professionals can benefit from an executive MBA programme. It is designed to educate and enhance their careers. The executive MBA programme is distinguished from many other MBA programmes by the amount of experience and ideas that students bring to the programme.
Reasons to Study Executive MBA in New Zealand
An executive MBA in New Zealand is an extremely beneficial career investment. The reasons to pursue it are as follows:
- Despite the uncertainty, the ‘Big Three’ businesses of Executive MBA i.e., consulting, finance, and technology have shown vigour in their recruitment efforts.
- Executive MBAs are valued by New Zealand businesses for their strategic thinking, communication, and agility.
- Every year, New Zealand remains a popular study destination for Indian students. Education New Zealand’s regional director, John Laxon, has extended their education and job options as a result.
- The New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA) provide financial assistance to Indian students studying in New Zealand. Aside from that, individual colleges provide their students with a variety of scholarships.
- International exchange is an option in many MBA programmes here. More elective options become available as a result of this. It can also broaden your horizons by allowing you to choose from a number of world-renowned business schools.
Executive MBA vs Regular MBA in New Zealand
|Regular MBA||Executive MBA|
|Designed for young professionals who have just started their careers and want to enhance their scope||Designed specifically for senior executives, managers, and business owners|
|Typical age Bracket- 24 to 30||Typical Age bracket- 32-28|
|Some young professionals use MBA to switch their career field||Working professionals usually use EMBA to grow in their current careers|
Executive MBA in New Zealand Curriculum
Courses required for graduation
Students are required to take eight fundamental courses to gain a basic understanding of important business possibilities and concerns:
|Executive Leadership||Strategic Marketing||Digital Information|
|Culture and Change||Corporate Financial Management|
Courses offered as an option
Students can choose four elective courses from a variety of disciplines, such as:
Courses for Skills Improvement
As part of each core course, you’ll take part in professional development activities:
Executive MBA in New Zealand Eligibility
You must have the following qualifications to be admitted into this programme:
- At Least seven years of relevant work experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 3 to 4 years
- IELTS score of 6.0 or above
- A GPA of over 6.0 in the graduation program
Candidates would be called for a personal interview round depending on the requirements of the university.
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students who want to pursue an executive MBA in New Zealand:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Supplementary form
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Work experience
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport
- Bank Statements
Cost of Studying
The average fees for studying the executive MBA in New Zealand is NZD 40,000-45,000. This comes to approximately INR 20-25 lakhs.
Cost of Living in New Zealand
Some areas or cities in New Zealand may be less expensive for students to reside in than others. In addition to tuition and insurance, you will require between $20,000 and $25,000 per year ($380–480 per week). This is required for accommodation/rent, food expenditures, transportation costs, phone bills, internet usage, and entertainment as an international student in New Zealand. The average living expenditure will be the same for everyone, regardless of tuition or course price. You may use our Cost of Living Calculator to determine the cost of living in New Zealand as a student. Therefore, the livings costs of New Zealand are relatively less and provide the best opportunities to study on a budget.
Scholarships for Executive MBA in New Zealand
Pursuing an Executive MBA from New Zealand can be an expensive affair. However, this course provides your career with the ladder it needs. Following are some scholarships which could help you take up the course without drilling a hole in your pocket:
|AUT International Excellence Scholarship||Auckland University of Technology|
|MBA Awards||Massey University|
|International Excellence Scholarship||University of Waikato|
|Sir Alan Stewart Postgraduate Scholarships||Massey University|
|New Zealand Institute of Management Foundation Scholarship||Massey University|
|New Zealand Excellence Award||Education New Zealand|
|FUJIFILM Business Innovation Postgraduate Bursary||Massey University|
After pursuing your Executive MBA from New Zealand, there are a number of different opportunities that come forward. Following are some of the profiles under which Executive MBA graduates are recruited:
- Chief executive
- Chief operating officer
- Chief financial officer
- Chief marketing officer
- Chief information officer
- General Manager
International students will be able to find work linked to their field of study on their post-study work visa and convert it into a work permit by following the country’s standards.
The tuition fee of an Executive MBA in New Zealand ranges from $48000 to $67000 (INR 24.56-34.30 Lakh)
New Zealand is one of the safest and most beautiful countries in the world (ranked 2nd on the 2017 Global Peace Index), with internationally renowned colleges and accommodating visa policies. As a result, it is a very appealing study abroad location.
Most executive MBA in New Zealand Programmes require a minimum of 5 Years of experience. The typical work experience can range from 5-14 years.
While a solid GMAT score can help you get into college, few universities specifically ask for it.
New Zealand is a wonderful location to study and an Executive MBA in New Zealand can help you advance your career. If you are someone who wants to apply to the Executive MBA in New Zealand, the counselors at Leverage Edu can guide you in the entire journey from application to admission. Make sure you avail the FREE session today by calling us on 1800572000.