You are speeding at a decent 30 km/hr and expect to reach a destination in 3 hours. Now, if you push the accelerator harder and increase the speed to 60 km/hr, you reach the destination in less than two hours! This is exactly what an Executive MBA in Australia for Indian students would do. It is an accelerator that will help you push your current managerial job to top-level management. MBA in Australia is a popular program but an Executive MBA in Australia is different from an MBA. Let’s delve into exploring everything you need to know about this course.
|Program Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Program Duration||1-2 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Undergraduate degree with a minimum overall aggregate of 65-70% | At least five years of work experience in the field of management|
|English Proficiency Requirements||IELTS: 7.0 | TOEFL: 102|
|Tuition Fee Range||25,000 to 111,600 AUD (14.41 lakhs to 64.35 lakhs INR)|
|Average Salary||143,000 AUD (83 lakhs INR)|
|Top Employers||JP Morgan, Barclays, Woolworths, ANZ Banking Corporation, Allianz Global Investors, HSBC Global Asset Management|
Must Read: Study in Australia: Comprehensive 2023 Guide
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Executive MBA in Australia?
- Course Structure
- Executive MBA in Australia: Specializations
- Top Universities for Executive MBA in Australia
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Process
- Cost of Study
- Cost of Living in Australia
- Scholarships for Executive MBA in Australia
- Job Opportunities and Salary
- Executive MBA in Australia Without GMAT
- MBA vs Executive MBA in Australia
Why Study Executive MBA in Australia?
It is a 1-year course that you can pursue part-time (on weekends). Here’s why you should consider pursuing an Executive MBA in Australia:
- Employment opportunities: Australia has seen a growth of 3.8% in businesses in the year 2020-2021. More businesses mean more employment opportunities for you after completion of the course.
- The correct set of skills– While pursuing this course, you get the chance to sit back and learn about the trending managerial techniques and skills which shoot up your knowledge.
- Networking: A class full of like-minded executives from various industries learning how to grow. It is a golden networking opportunity!
Check out the Top Universities for Executive MBAs in the UK!
If you are considering studying the EMBA programme in Australia, you should first look at the course structure of Executive MBA programmes in Australia.
- Course Duration: The Executive MBA programme in Australia lasts 12 to 24 months, exactly like any other master’s degree programme. Full-time, part-time, elective, and numerous supplementary courses and internship options are available at Australian universities for Executive MBA students.
- Content: The Executive MBA programme is a professional degree designed for high-performing professionals who wish to achieve their goals while minimising job disruptions. Financial management, financial accounting, leadership, marketing, data analysis, global business economics, and other topics are covered in the course.
- Alternative: Alternatives to an Executive MBA in Australia include Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Global MBA, International MBA, MBA in Marketing Management, and many more.
Executive MBA in Australia: Specializations
In Australia, the Executive MBA is a postgraduate degree that can be completed in one to two years, depending on whether you choose the full-time or part-time option. Furthermore, the institutions provide a variety of programme options that allow you to specialise in finance, management, and business.
The following are some of the primary courses that are included in practically every Executive MBA programme in Australia:
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Data Analysis
- Business Strategy
- Managerial Economics
- Global Business Economics
- Strategic Consulting for Social Impact
Top Universities for Executive MBA in Australia
Business Schools in Australia have a reputation for creating leaders that have made a significant change in the world like Margeret Jackson, former chairman of Qantas Airways. Apart from their rankings, the duration of work experience required to do an Executive MBA in Australia is also important.
|Universities in Australia||Duration of EMBA||Minimum Work Experience|
|University of Melbourne||18 months||5 years|
|University of New South Wales||2-6 years (part-time)||5 years|
|University of Sydney||18 months||10 years|
|Monash University||15 months||10 years|
|Bond University||20 months||8 years|
|The University of Technology Sydney||1 year||6 years|
|Western Sydney University||2 years||5 years|
The minimum work experience has to be in a managerial position if you want to pursue an Executive MBA in Australia from these 7 universities.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing an Executive MBA in Australia for Indian students are as follows:
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum Requirement|
|Academic||Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree with a good graduation grade|
|Proof of English Proficiency||IELTS– 7.0, TOEFL– 96, PTE– 68|
|GMAT||Required only for certain universities|
|Statement of Purpose||A one-page essay stating why you are a great candidate for EMBA in a particular university|
|Letters of Recommendation||2|
|Work Experience||5-10 years in a managerial capacity|
There are some additional prerequisites for Indian students seeking an executive MBA in Australia that must be met at the time of admission. Some of them are as follows:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English language Proficiency Test
- At least 2 to 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Updated CV or Resume
- Personal Essay
- Work Experience
- Proof of Financial Resources
- Australia Student Visa
Must Read: Eligibility for MBA
The application process to study in Australia can be easily understood by the guide given below:
- Choose your university in Australia– Top MBA universities in Australia offer the Executive MBA program. You have a lot of universities to choose from- the University of Melbourne, Monash University, Bond University, etc.
- Prepare for your entrance exams– Check the eligibility requirements for the Executive MBA in Australia for Indian students on the webpage or program brochure of your preferred universities. Prepare for your entrance exams like GMAT and English tests like IELTS/TOEFL before you apply to the universities
- Keep a check on deadlines– Multiple intakes in Australia allow international students to take admitted. Note down the deadlines and make sure that you submit your application within the deadline.
- Attach all documents– Documents of identification, financial support, academic qualification and citizenship have to be attached as a requirement to study in Australia.
- Post-application responsibilities– Once you apply for an Executive MBA in Australia, you can expect the university to take 4 to 6 weeks of processing time. In the processing period, you will be asked for an interview with the admission committee. If chosen, you can start looking for accommodations, scholarships and Australian Student Visa applications.
Cost of Study
EMBA is more academically valuable than an MBA, therefore the tuition fees are much higher. The tuition fees for the top universities that offer an Executive MBA in Australia for Indian students are given below:
|Universities in Australia for EMBA||Tuition Fee (INR)|
|University of Melbourne||55.36 lakhs|
|University of New South Wales||46.49 lakhs|
|University of Sydney||37.97 lakhs|
|Monash University||60.24 lakhs|
|Bond University||51.59 lakhs|
|The University of Technology Sydney||35.67 lakhs|
|Western Sydney University||20.6 lakhs|
Cost of Living in Australia
Apart from the tuition fees, the cost of living in Australia should also be considered before you decide to pursue this course. Here’s how expensive Australia can be for an Indian student:-
|Type of Cost||Average Expenses (INR)|
|Accommodation||51,510 per month|
|Food||16074 per month|
|Transport||5563 per month|
|Internet||4283-10629 per month|
|Gas and Electricity||8023 per month|
Searching for Student Accommodations in Australia? Click here to find a place to call home!
Scholarships for Executive MBA in Australia
In addition to tuition fees, students must cover the complete cost of travel and accommodation in Australia, which can be costly. The finest institutions in Australia provide numerous scholarships to assist students with their financial obligations. The following scholarships are available to international students in Australia:
|Scholarship||Awarded by||Eligibility||Award Value|
|Monash University International Merit Scholarship||Monash University||Received an offer letter from Monash University||Up to $50,000|
|Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarship||The University of Sydney||Applied for a postgraduate degree at the University of Sydney||Up to $60,000|
|Swinburne International Excellence Postgraduate Scholarship||Swinburne University of Technology||At least 60% GPA of Australian level||Up to 30% waiver of tuition fees|
Must Read: MBA Scholarships in Australia
Job Opportunities and Salary
It will equip you with modern management skills that guarantee you a promotion and a salary hike in the company that you currently work for. The main consequence of your Executive MBA degree in Australia is to skyrocket you to the c-suite which is also known as executive management. It is instrumental even if you wish to start afresh on your own. Global networking and strong industry connections will be your new venture and the initial boost it needs. Here’s the average salary per year of EMBA graduates:
|Profession||Average Annual Salary (in AUD)||Salary for Indian Student (in INR)|
|Data Analyst||90,000||51.81 lakhs per annum|
|Chief Executive Officer||160,000||92.11 lakhs|
|Finance Analyst||108,000||62.17 lakhs|
|Business Process Analyst||130,000||78.84 lakhs|
|Operations Manager||85,000||48.93 lakhs|
|Inventory Control Manager||125,000||71.96 lakhs|
|HR Business Partner||113,000||65.05 lakhs|
- Telstra Corporation Ltd.
- Westpac Banking Corp.
- JP Morgan.
- HSBC Global Asset Management.
- Allianz Global Investors.
- Fidelity Investments.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- ANZ Banking Corp.
Must Read: MBA in Australia for Indian Students
Executive MBA in Australia Without GMAT
To be considered for admission to an executive MBA programme in Australia without a GMAT score, you must submit a specified set of documents. The fundamental entry requirements are a bachelor’s degree and a GPA of 3.0 or above. Aside from that, documentation such as job experience, a statement of purpose, and a letter of recommendation will be given more weight in the admissions process than the GMAT score.
Here are some universities where you can apply without a GMAT score.
- Monash University
- Macquarie University
- Deakin University
- The University of Adelaide
- University of Sydney
Must Read: MBA in Australia Without GMAT
MBA vs Executive MBA in Australia
We often hear MBA and Executive MBA in Australia being confused about each other. Although EMBA is a variation of the MBA, the course, syllabus and eligibility are oceans apart.
|Duration||1-3 years||2-3 years|
|Average Work Experience||5+ years||3 years|
|The average age of Student||34-38||24-30|
|Average Tuition Fee||20-55 lakhs per year||31-80 lakhs per year|
|Return of Investment||38.5%||64%|
Ans. Yes, you can pursue this as a part-time course so you can work simultaneously.
Ans. The average fee can be from INR 20-55 lakhs per year.
Ans. Once you have work experience of more than 5 years in a managerial capacity, you can apply for this course.
Ans. The Monash University, the University of Melbourne, and the University of New South Wales are some of the top universities in Australia for an Executive MBA.