You are speeding at a decent 30 km/hr and expect to reach a destination in 3 hours. Now, if you push the accelerator harder and increase the speed to 60 km/hr, you reach the destination in less than two hours! This is what exactly an Executive MBA in Australia does. It is an accelerator that will help you push your current managerial job to top-level management. MBA in Australia is a popular program but an Executive MBA in Australia is different from an MBA. let’s explore everything you need to know about executive MBA in Australia.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Executive MBA in Australia?
It is a 1-year course that you can pursue part-time (on weekends). Here’s why you should consider pursuing an Executive MBA in Australia:
- Employment opportunities: Australia has seen a growth of 3.8% in businesses in the year 2020-2021. More businesses mean more employment opportunities for you after completion of the course.
- Correct set of skills– While pursuing this course, you get the chance to sit back and learn about the trending managerial techniques and skills which shoot up your knowledge.
- Networking: A class full of like-minded executives from various industries learning how to grow? It is a golden networking opportunity!
Check out the Top Universities for Executive MBA in the UK!
Top Universities for Executive MBA in Australia
Business Schools in Australia have a reputation for creating leaders that have made a significant change in the world like Margeret Jackson, former chairman of Qantas Airways. Apart from their rankings, how much work experience is expected for an Executive MBA in Australia is also important.
|Universities in Australia||Duration of EMBA||Minimum Work Experience|
|University of Melbourne||18 months||5 years|
|University of New South Wales||2-6 years (part-time)||5 years|
|University of Sydney||18 months||10 years|
|Monash University||15 months||10 years|
|Bond University||20 months||8 years|
|University of Technology Sydney||1 year||6 years|
|Western Sydney University||2 years||5 years|
The minimum work experience has to be in a managerial position if you want to pursue an Executive MBA in Australia from these 7 universities.
If you are an Indian student wishing to pursue an Executive MBA in Australia, these are the eligibility requirements that you have to fulfil:
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum Requirement|
|Academic||Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree with a good graduation grade|
|Proof of English Proficiency||IELTS– 7.0, TOEFL– 96, PTE– 68|
|GMAT||Required only for certain universities|
|Statement of Purpose||One page essay stating why you are a great candidate for EMBA in a particular university|
|Letters of Recommendation||2|
|Work Experience||5-10 years in a managerial capacity|
Executive MBA in Australia: Application Process
The application process to study in Australia can be easily understood by the guide given below:
- Choose your university in Australia– Top MBA universities in Australia offer the Executive MBA program. You have a lot of universities to choose from- University of Melbourne, Monash University, Bond University, etc.
- Prepare for your entrance exams– Check the eligibility requirements for the Executive MBA in Australia on the webpage or program brochure of your preferred universities. Prepare for your entrance exams like GMAT and English tests like IELTS/TOEFL before you apply to the universities
- Keep a check on deadlines– There are multiple intakes in Australia that allow international students to take admission. Note down the deadlines and make sure that you submit your application within the deadline.
- Attach all documents– Documents of identification, financial support, academic qualification and citizenship have to be attached as a requirement to study in Australia.
- Post-application responsibilities– Once you apply for an Executive MBA in Australia, you can expect the university to take 4 to 6 weeks of processing time. In the processing period, you will be asked for an interview with the admission committee. If chosen, you can start looking for accommodations, scholarships and Australian Student Visa applications.
Job Opportunities and Salary
It will equip you with modern management skills that guarantee you a promotion and a salary hike in the company that you currently work for. The main consequence of your Executive MBA degree in Australia is to skyrocket you to the c-suite which is also known as executive management. It is instrumental even if you wish to start afresh on your own. Global networking and strong industry connections will be your new venture and the initial boost it needs. Here’s the average salary per year of EMBA graduates in some countries of our world:-
|Country||Average Annual Salary of an EMBA graduate (INR)|
|United Kingdom||99.3 lakhs|
|United States of America||1.12 crore|
Cost of Study
EMBA is more academically valuable than an MBA, therefore the tuition fees are much higher. The tuition fees for the top universities that offer an Executive MBA in Australia are given below:
|Universities in Australia for EMBA||Tuition Fee (INR)|
|University of Melbourne||55.36 lakhs|
|University of New South Wales||46.49 lakhs|
|University of Sydney||37.97 lakhs|
|Monash University||60.24 lakhs|
|Bond University||51.59 lakhs|
|University of Technology Sydney||35.67 lakhs|
|Western Sydney University||20.6 lakhs|
Cost of Living in Australia
Apart from the tuition fees, the cost of living in Australia should also be considered before you decide to pursue this course. Here’s how expensive Australia can be for an Indian student:-
|Type of Cost||Average Expenses (INR)|
|Accommodation||51,510 per month|
|Food||16074 per month|
|Transport||5563 per month|
|Internet||4283-10629 per month|
|Gas and Electricity||8023 per month|
MBA vs Executive MBA in Australia
We often hear MBA and Executive MBA in Australia being confused for each other. Although EMBA is a variation of MBA, the course, syllabus and eligibility are oceans apart.
|Category||Executive MBA in Australia||MBA in Australia|
|Duration||1-3 years||2-3 years|
|Average Work Experience||5+ years||3 years|
|Average age of Student||34-38||24-30|
|Average Tuition Fee||20-55 lakhs per year||31-80 lakhs per year|
|Return of Investment||38.5%||64%|
Yes, you can pursue this as part-time course so you can work simultaneously.
The average fee can be from INR 20-55 lakhs per year.
Once you have work experience of more than 5 years in a managerial capacity, you can apply for this course.
The Monash University, University of Melbourne, University of New South Wales are some of the top universities in Australia for an Executive MBA.
USA, UK, Canada and Australia are the few countries that offer a well-curated EMBA program.
Reports suggest that the average annual salary of an EMBA from Australia can be over 50 lakhs per year.