When we think of a hacker, the image that comes to our mind is that of a covert person with evil intents of either robbing someone’s money or stealing credentials. But there are also heroes of virtual space who help in keeping the internet safe for the use of masses. Whether it is E-banking, E-governance or E-commerce, the internet is the driving force behind all these, but the rapid growth in these domains has also posed some serious threats like viruses, phishing and spams. To prevent fraudulent activities and to keep the online space safe, law enforcement agencies and the governments have partnered with tech-savvy professionals who find vulnerabilities and loopholes in an online network and help to make it more secure. Besides Cyber Law professionals, Ethical Hackers play a pivotal role in cybersecurity. Taking up an Ethical hacking course besides a degree in Computer Science would help you build a successful career as a Certified Ethical Hacker.
This Blog Includes:
What is Ethical Hacking?
Hacking is a process of exploiting vulnerabilities in a network or a system to gain unauthorized access into the system to carry out malicious activities that include stealing information, damaging system or deleting system files. On the other hand, Ethical Hacking is a legal practice and the professionals are hired by the companies to point out weaknesses in a network and to help them make it secure. Ethical hacking is a precautionary practice to prevent attacks that might cause damage to a company or individual. The professional Ethical Hackers are in great demand and to train them, different Ethical Hacking courses are available.
Ethical Hacking Courses Online
There is a wide range of free Ethical Hacking courses online that can help you learn the skills and competencies needed to thrive in this field. Here are the popular Ethical Hacking courses online:
- The Complete Ethical Hacking Course – Beginner to Advanced, Certificate on Udemy
- Ethical Hacker Course on Alison
- Fundamental of Computer Hacking on Udemy
- Hacking Academy: How to Monitor & Intercept Transmitted Data on Udemy
- Ethical Hacking – SQL Injection Attack on Udemy
- Penetration Testing – Exploitation by NYUx on edX
- Diploma in Ethical Hacking on Alison
- Foundations of Hacking and Pentesting Android Apps on Udemy
- Network Security – Introduction to Network Security by NYUx on edX
The course contents depend on the level at which it is pursued. Overall the students learn to scan, test, hack and secure the systems. Through the implementation of defences, you will be taught how to make a secure network and gain access to the hacked network. Ethical Hacking courses can be taken as a part of your Computer Science Engineering program or can be pursued separately. Usually, the courses are taken up online but some universities offer intensive Ethical hacking courses that cover topics like privilege escalation, trojans, SQL injection, backdoors, and wireless hacking etc.
Given below are the list of concepts covered in an Ethical Hacking course:
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- System Hacking
- Malware Threats
- Denial of Service
- Session Hijacking
- Social Engineering
- Hacking Web Applications
- Hacking Mobile Platforms
- Scanning Networks
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Web servers
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Cloud Computing
What will you Learn in an Ethical Hacking Course?
Ethical Hacking which has seen many takers over the years is among the unique career choices. Companies like those in Banking, Information Technology, Security, etc are struggling to make their platforms secure for which the professionals are needed who can predict the possible attacks beforehand and help to reinforce the security of Apps, websites and networks. The job of an Ethical Hacker is a continuous one as new forms of attacks are discovered every day and new viruses are identified. In a course, a student is equipped with the knowledge and practical skillset to perform a diverse range of activities. The objectives of an Ethical Hacking course are listed below:
- Explore the basics of Ethical Hacking.
- Understanding the basics Cryptography and Network Security.
- Investigating the process of Information gathering for Ethical Hacker.
- Investigating attacks on computer systems.
- Exploring low tech hacking techniques like social engineering and physical security
- Investigating trojan attacks, phishing and other attacks like backdoors, viruses, and worm attack.
- Explore hacking through the network.
- Investigating attacks on web servers and web applications.
- Scanning for targets and enumeration.
- Conducting security assessments.
- Perform a denial of service attack.
Ethical Hacking Courses in India
When it comes to pursuing Ethical Hacking course in India, there are numerous institutes which offer certifications and short-term programs in this field. Here are the top institutes for Ethical Hacking in India:
- DOEACC/NIELIT, Calicut
- Institute of Information Security
- Appin Technology Lab
- International Institute of Information Technology
- Kalasalingam University
- NIIT, Maninagar
- Indian Institute of Code Network and Security, Jaipur
Here are the top Ethical Hacking certifications in India:
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester by SAN & GIAC
- Certified Intrusion Analyst by GCIA
- Certified Ethical Hacker by EC Council
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator – EC Council
Finding an Ethical Hacking course is easy these days as there are many online providers for the course. But doing it from a reputed institution would help you in establishing your credibility in the field. If you are looking to pursue a career in Ethical Hacking, our experts at Leverage Edu can guide you to find the right place for you to realize your dream. Using AI-Tool, we will curate a list of courses for you and let you choose the one best suited for you. To start the process, book your 30-minutes free career counselling session with the industry’s leading experts now!