Engineering is the application of scientific knowledge to solve a variety of problems around the world. Energy engineering is a small aspect of the larger notion of engineering. Discovering, developing, designing, manufacturing, and innovating various items to fulfil the requirements and wishes of people all around the world is what energy engineering entails. Energy engineering is concerned with the concept of utilizing various forms of energy to solve issues. In the discipline of energy engineering, several institutions and universities provide a variety of credentials, degrees, and courses. Keep reading to learn more about this fascinating course.
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria of Energy Engineering
Under Graduation Level
- Students must have completed 10+2 or a comparable test from a recognised board.
- Students must also take necessary entrance tests and pass with good grades in order to be admitted to the programme.
Post Graduation Level
- Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree in B.Tech or B.E. from a recognised university.
- Students must have received a minimum of 50% bachelor’s degree in their field of interest.
- Students must also pass mandatory entrance tests in order to pursue a course in their chosen field.
Best Energy Engineering Colleges Abroad
- Arizona State University
- Ulster University
- Ontario Tech University
- University of Nicosia
- Trinity College Dublin
- Avans University of Applied Sciences
- University of Chicago
- Kaunas University of Applied Engineering Sciences
- Montpellier Business School
- Stanford University
Best Energy Engineering Colleges in India
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology
- DTU Delhi – Delhi Technological University
- JMI New Delhi – Jamia Millia Islamia
- IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology
- IIT Roorkee – Indian Institute of Technology
- IISc Bangalore – Indian Institute of Science
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- IIT Hyderabad – Indian Institute of Technology
Is English not your first language? Then you are required to qualify for language proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc. to get enrolled for Energy Engineering abroad.
|Tests Accepted||Score Requirement|
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more such updates
To get into Energy Engineering abraod you have to submit a list of documents as a part of the application process. Some of the documents required are
- Completed application form
- All official academic transcripts, and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- UK student Visa
- Updates CV/Resume
- Portfolio if asked or required
- English Language Proficiency Tests scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
If you want to pursue Energy Engineering course then it is one of the best decisions when it comes to higher education abroad. The application process is quite easy all you are required to do is fill out the application form available on the official website of the university you want to study followed by submitting all the required documents. For an easy application process, you can consider Leverage Edu professional to end assistance in every step.
Required Skill Set for Energy Engineering
The following are some abilities that a student should possess in order to pursue energy engineering courses and a job in this field:
- Good communication skills – In order to engage with individuals of various profiles, the student must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Important characteristics – The student must be a good listener, patient, critical thinker, adaptable, quick learner, and diligent worker.
- Core subjects – Must excel in important courses such as mathematics, physics, and chemistry, which are required in this sector.
- Relevant interest – Must be interested in learning new things and eager to put them into practice.
- English fluency – Students should be able to communicate well in both spoken and written English.
- Additional characteristics – A strong analytical ability, strategic attitude, management skills, and a desire to learn more about this profession are all pulses in this field.
- Energy Auditor
An Energy Auditor’s role is to assist in the consultation and expansion of the efficiency of household and commercial energy sources.
- Project Engineer
A project engineer’s role is to oversee all technical and non-technical operations required to successfully execute any energy-related project.
- Field Engineer
A field engineer’s role is to identify solutions and assist people in troubleshooting various problems that arise in the field or at a manufacturing facility.
- Engineering Project Manager
An engineering project manager’s tasks include designing, planning, formulating, implementing procedures, training, and directing people.
- Regional Manager
A regional manager’s job is to lead, supervise, and collaborate with the marketing team. He must also prepare budgets and interact with top-level management to ensure that all of his responsibilities are completed successfully.
- Project Consultant
A Project Consultant’s role is to plan, forecast, and create budgets. Also, establish and assign various tasks to subordinates.
- Trainee Engineer
A trainee engineer’s task is to train freshmen and subordinates in all aspects of the job and to teach them how to operate efficiently in every detail.
- Design Engineer
A design engineer’s job is to analyze, examine, and develop designs to increase the efficiency of existing products.
- Senior Piping Engineer
A senior piping engineer’s job entails collecting data, drawing graphs and charts, and calculating various things in order to build the piping system.
- Energy Analyst
An energy analyst’s job is to look at a variety of aspects and come up with practical solutions for the energy market.
- Field Service Engineer
A field service engineer’s task is to introduce novel concepts in tool production.
- Networking & System Engineer
A networking and system engineer’s profession entails working on various IT issues.
Some of the top recruiters in the field of energy engineering are:
- Hindustan domestic oil and gas
- Goldwyn ltd.
- NCML Industries Ltd.
- The Energy & Resource Institute
- Atomic Energy Commission
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency
- SE power ltd.
- TD power systems Ltd.
- Society of Energy Engineers & Managers
- Globus power generation ltd.
- Epic Energy
The best countries to study energy engineering include France, New Zealand, Austria, Australia, Sweden, Netherlands, Canada etc.
The transformation in the energy sector opens up a lot of doors for aspiring energy engineers. Energy engineers will always be in high demand, regardless of the technology used to generate and store energy. There is a growing need to create systems that make efficient use of energy, so energy engineers will always be in demand.
The average salary can range from Rs 2 Lakh – Rs 12 Lakh per annum depending on the level of qualification (undergraduate or postgraduate) and the job profile.
We hope this blog helps you understand what energy engineering is and the various aspects related to it. If you’re thinking of pursuing this course or any other course abroad, contact our Leverage Edu experts today for a smooth admission process.