Many students hailing from weaker financial backgrounds face restraints in continuing education after completing 10th and 12th. In order to help such students, there are a lot of scholarships and financial assistance schemes that have been set up in place and one such scholarship is the Eklavya Scholarship which is offered by the Maharashtra government. The Eklavya Scholarship aims to recognise the spirit of excellence amongst students across various disciplines. The Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra provides scholarships to graduates from Arts, Law, Commerce and Science who have taken admissions in postgraduate programs.
|Scholarship Provider||Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra|
|Scholarship Amount||INR 5,000|
|Applicable For||Students belonging to economically weaker families where the annual family income is less than INR 75,000|
|Mode of Application||Online|
This Blog Includes:
About Eklavya Scholarship
Eklavya Scholarship Maharashtra is considered the Most Beneficial Scholarship in Maharashtra. Today, we’ll give you information on key facts about the Maharashtra Eklavya Scholarship. We will respond to some inquiries on the requirements for this State Minority Scholarship, which was just introduced on the Maharashtra DBT webpage. Additionally, we will go over the application procedure and key paperwork that must be submitted if you want to be considered for this scholarship. The Government of Maharashtra has also made a number of other scholarships available.
The Eklavya Scholarship Maharashtra is Maharashtra’s Most Beneficial Scholarship. Today, we will share with you information about the Maharashtra Eklavya Scholarship. We will answer some questions about the eligibility criteria for this State Minority Scholarship, which has been launched on the Maharashtra DBT portal. We will also share the application process and important documents that are required if you are applying for this scholarship; additionally, there is a bundle of scholarships provided by the concerned authorities of the Government of Maharashtra.
The Eklavya Scholarship aims to tackle the financial differences in society especially in the field of education. They believe education is the basic right for everyone and no one should struggle to study because of financial resources.
Eklavya Scholarship provides students with an amount of INR 5,000 in order to provide them with financial assistance for pursuing post-graduate programs.
Here are the eligibility requirements you need to fulfil to get the Eklavya Scholarship:
- The candidate must have completed their graduation in Law, Commerce, Arts or Science with minimum 60% marks and 70% for science.
- The candidate must be from the state of Maharashtra.
- Annual family income should be less than or equal to INR 75,000
- Students should not be pursuing any other program anywhere either part-time or full-time.
Here are all the documents required to apply for the Eklavya Scholarship:
- Domicile Certificate
- Previous year Marksheet
- Annual Income Certificate
How to Apply for Eklavya Scholarship?
The applications for Eklavya Scholarship open every year in August and stay active till October 10. The candidates need to visit the official Maharashtra government portal and fill out the form with all the necessary details and documents. The officials then decide whether to select you or not which is totally based on merit. Students who get selected personally receive confirmation emails.
These are the steps to apply for the scholarship:
- First and foremost, you must navigate to Mahadbt’s official website, where its homepage will appear.
- You must register on the home page, which requires you to provide your mobile number, email address, and other relevant information.
- Following that, you will be given a system-generated ID and password.
- You must go to the post-metric section and select the Directorate of Higher Education.
- You will now see the Eklavya Scholarship option for post-graduate education scholarships.
- After that, you must select this option, which will display all of the scholarship information in front of you.
- The next step is to click the “Login to Apply” button.
- Where you must log in using your registered username and password.
- Then, click the login button, and the application form will appear in front of you.
- Finally, you must fill out all of the information requested in the application form, attach all required documents, and keep a print of it with you for future reference.
The selection process for the Eklavya Scholarship consists of multiple stages to identify the most deserving candidates.
- Eligible candidates are required to submit an application form providing their personal details, educational background, achievements, and financial status.
- The applications are reviewed by a selection committee, which includes experts from various fields.
- The committee evaluates the applications based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, leadership qualities, and overall potential.
- Shortlisted candidates are notified and called for an interview or an assessment test.
- The interview or assessment test may include questions on the candidate’s chosen field of study, general knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and aptitude.
- The committee assesses the candidates’ communication skills, confidence, critical thinking, and their ability to articulate their goals and aspirations.
- The final selection is made based on a combination of the candidate’s application, interview or test performance, and the available number of scholarships.
- The selected candidates are notified of their selection and awarded the Eklavya Scholarship.
- The scholarship covers a range of expenses, including tuition fees, books, accommodation, and living expenses, depending on the specific terms and conditions of the scholarship program.
- The Eklavya Scholarship aims to support and nurture exceptional talent, providing opportunities for deserving students to pursue their education and achieve their goals.
We hope you find all of the information presented by the Eklavya Scholarship useful. We attempted to provide all relevant information and answers to your questions in the preceding article. If you have any further questions, please leave them in the comment box below. You can also save our website for future use.
With the Eklavya Scholarship students can get benefit of ₹5000/- and the selection of the candidates is on the basis of merit.
The Department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, offers the State Government Open Merit Scholarship. A total of 1208 scholarships will be made available to students accepted into the Bachelor of Commerce, Science, Arts, or Law programmes.
Students must have a 60% average in law, commerce, and the arts, and a 70% average in science. The applicant must be a Maharashtra resident. The beneficiary should not work anywhere, either part-time or full-time.
We hope that this blog cleared up all your doubts regarding the Eklavya Scholarship. Looking for the right scholarship to fund your dream program abroad? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts now and we will help you in finding the best scholarship as per your chosen course and university and further assist you throughout the admission process as well! Sign up for a free session with us today!