Want to study at one of the best universities in Scotland? Located in Edinburgh, Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University is a public university offering admissions to more than 19,500 students from more than 140 countries of the world. The first batch was welcomed in 1964 and since then this institution has been one of the most renowned UK universities for international students. The university offers both, undergraduate as well as graduate courses in 6 different schools. Edinburgh Napier University has been internationally recognised by QS International University rankings for its quality education. It has an employment rate of 95% and a moderate acceptance rate. To know more about Edinburgh Napier University’s acceptance rate, rankings, admissions and more, keep reading this blog!
This Blog Includes:
Edinburgh Napier University Acceptance Rate
In order to get into this university, an average academic record with medium-level scores is adequate. Edinburgh Napier University’s acceptance rate is one of the highest and hence this has become one of the most preferred choices for further education in the country. The Edinburgh Napier University acceptance rate is around 56%.
How many Indian/International Students are Enrolled in the University?
Edinburgh Napier University’s acceptance rate is at 56% while the university has around 19,500 students, including 3,800 international students. With more than 90 students studying, Indian students form a significant percentage of the international students at the university. Moreover, the student: staff ratio at the university is 15:1.
Edinburgh Napier University Rankings
|In the World||#1085 of 14,134|
|In Europe||#398 of 2,788|
|In the United Kingdom||#86 of 163|
|In Scotland||#10 of 18|
|In Edinburgh||#3 of 5|
|For Hospitality and Hotel Management||#178 of 1,002|
Courses at Edinburgh Napier University
|Engineering & technology||Civil Engineering
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Arts & Humanities||Art, Performing Arts & Design
Languages, Literature & Linguistics
|Business & Economics||Business & Management
Accounting & Finance
Communication & Media Studies
|Life Sciences||Veterinary Science
|Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health||Other Health|
|Computer Science||Computer Science|
The admission process at Edinburgh Napier University is similar to the application process at other state universities. Following are the basic details of the admission process.
- Students will be required to apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
- For Edinburgh Napier University the UCAS university code is E59 ENU.
- Postgraduate courses at the institute start in September, January and May.
- International students are required to submit their scores on the English proficiency test.
Check out the eligibility criteria for admission to Edinburgh Napier University given below.
For Undergraduate Courses
- Must have a minimum of 60% in secondary school
- Advanced entry is offered into the second year of an undergraduate course to students whose score is more than 75% in secondary school, conditional on specific subject requirements
For Postgraduate Courses
- Must have passed a three-year degree with a minimum aggregate of 60% OR
- Must have a three-year honours degree with a minimum total of 55% OR
- Must possess a four-year professional bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 55%
English Proficiency Test
- IELTS Academic: A minimum score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 80 with no less than 18 in reading, 17 in listening, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
Ace your IELTS and TOEFL with Leverage live!
How to Apply?
The aspirants should visit the university website for the full admission procedure. The applicants will have to fill out an application form in order to apply for any course. As per the UCAS portal, to apply to the Edinburgh Napier University, the international aspirant has to pay an application fee of GBP 13 (INR1,292) for all programmes. This fee, paid upfront for the application to be considered for admission to this university, is non-refundable. Students may also apply to multiple courses. Apart from this, the aspirants will have to submit official transcripts and documents of their various qualifications.
- Original documents and official transcripts of school, undergraduate degrees, and other certifications
- Students that do not have English as their native language have to give proof of English proficiency compulsorily;
- The University accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores as proof of English proficiency
- Proof of financial support, Bank Statements and certification of finances,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
Various scholarships are offered to all full-time international students at Edinburgh Napier University. These scholarships are awarded based on the merit, achievements and academic excellence of the applicants.
Merit-based scholarships are also available for specific locations like South Asia. These are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. The university also provides fellowship-based scholarships. In these cases, the tuition fee is waived off in return for an internship, research work or teaching.
The applicants can also look for various government and private scholarships that are offered to students having fund requirements. The aspirants can find additional details about this on the official website of the university.
Edinburgh Napier University is one of the top-ranked Scottish modern universities in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. They are also the number one university in the UK for Film Production & Photography. Moreover, they are the number one modern university in the UK for Music, Art & Design, Film & Media Studies and English.
Edinburgh Napier University, an internationally award-winning institution, has been recognised twice by the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education for its work in timber engineering, wood science and sustainable construction.
Yes, Edinburgh Napier University is an accredited university. It has the status of a Royal Charter University in the UK. Moreover, it is a Recognised body by the UK Government’s Department of Business, Innovation and Skills.
Delve into pursuing a course from Edinburgh Napier University if you want a bright future ahead. We know choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalised suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests. Contact our experts at Leverage Edu they will assist you in your study abroad endeavour. To get a free consultation from us call us at 1800 572 000 now!