DNB PDCET stands for Diplomate of National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test which is conducted by the National Board of Examinations or the NBE which was established by the government of India in 1975. The NBE provides a common national standard for the evaluation of the minimum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of postgraduate and postdoctoral training. We have provided all the information you would need to understand this exam and how to go through with it.
This Blog Includes:
Important Dates for DNB PDCET 2021
Before giving any exam the student should be aware of when and how the exam is going to take place. So we have provided all the essential dates of the process below –
|Online application form released||25th March, 2021|
|Last date for online application||14th April, 2021|
|Mock test date||3rd May, 2021|
|Date of exam||9th May, 2021|
|Admit card release date||3rd May, 2021|
|Result date||31st May, 2021 (expected date)|
How to Apply for DNB PDCET
For the benefit of the students we have provided a step by step process walk through below –
- Register online at the official site here
- Fill in the form thoroughly
- Provide all the important documents asked for
- Submit the application fees
- Submit the application form
Get the admit card, give the mock test and give an even better exam to get into the course you want.
Also Read: KSET – Karnataka State Eligibility Test
Eligibility Criteria for DNB PDCET
The eligibility criteria for the admission to the Post Diploma DNB Courses of 2 years duration is given below –
- The candidate must have a Post Graduate Diploma from a recognized Indian university.
- The result of the final exam for the same should have been declared before 28th February, 2021 and proof of the same has to be furnished failing which the candidate will be deemed ineligible.
- The candidates from the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPS), Mumbai are not eligible to apply until the equivalence of CPS diploma qualifications with their counterpart PG Medical Diploma qualifications of NMC/MCI is confirmed by the government of India.
- Registration with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counseling/admission as well.
Also Read: SNAP 2021 (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
Courses under DNB PDCET
The DNB courses available are given below –
- DNB (Anaesthesiology)
- DNB (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)
- DNB (Nuclear Medicine)
- DNB (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- DNB (Ophthalmology)
- DNB (Orthopaedics)
- DNB (Otorhinolaryngology)
- DNB (Paediatrics)
- DNB (Psychiatry)
Also Read: UGAT (Undergraduate Aptitude Test)
DNB PDCET Fees
All about the examination fees and how to pay it is explained below –
- The examination fees is INR 5900 including GST
- The fees is non refundable after successful submission of the form
- The prescribed exam fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided online. The fees cannot be deposited through any mode other than the payment gateway available while online application form submission.
Exam Pattern of DNB PDCET 2021
|Type of exam||computer based|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|No of questions||120|
|Allotted time for exam||120 minutes|
|Marking Scheme –||Each correct response – 4 Marks
Each incorrect response – 1 mark shall be deducted
Each Unattempted Question – 0 marks
There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers and no marks shall be deducted for the un-attempted questions.
Also Read: IISER Entrance Exam
Exam Centers for DNB PDCET 2021
The tentative centers available for the exam are given below but it should be noted that the finalized center will be given on the admit card of the student. There are about 23 exam centers –
The exact venue will be informed to the candidates through admit cards. The Candidates will have to make their own arrangement for travel/boarding etc.
Reservation for In-service Candidates
A total of 50% post diploma DNB Seats in District Hospitals owned by State Governments in various states will be reserved for in-service candidates of respective states which will be subject to the consent of the concerned State Governments to fill them from in-service candidates of the states. Such a reservation for in-service candidates is also applicable for Post Diploma DNB Seats at PSU/ Railway Board/ESIC hospitals.
A separate handbook informing details of the counselling process and the applicable reservation will also be released by NBE for DNBPDCET 2021.
Validity of DNB-PDCET 2021 Results
The validity of the result of DNB-PDCET 2021 will only be for the current admission session 2021 for Post Diploma DNB Courses and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admissions. The merit position/score obtained will NOT BE carried forward.
Also Read: Law Entrance Exams: India & Abroad
The Diplomate of National Board is a postgraduate degree similar to MD/MS degree which is awarded to the specialist doctors of India.
We have provided a step by step process walk through for you above. You can also talk to tour experts at Leverage Edu if you have any doubts.
The candidates who register themselves on the official website are eligible for counseling after selection. So apply now at the above mentioned website.
Officially there is no difference between DNB and DM but it definitely depends on the field one wants to go to. So it is totally up to you which course you want to take.
This was all about the DNB PDCET 2021. We hope it certainly helped you get some clarity about the admission process, fees, reservation and exam dates among other things. Browse other exams, courses, colleges, universities and get guidance from our experts at Leverage Edu to get into your dream course and university.